Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Faded Bumpes with other flaws...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Faded Bumpers with other flaws...

So to make the story short, I have had a bad run in with the tranny shop and they put some damage on my rear bumber that they will not admit to.
The owner of the shop also likes to lean on the fender of my car with his track jacket. I guess he gets pleasure from putting ruts in my paint.

I was able to get the scratches out of the fender but the bumper, well its gonna need to be repainted. Here are some pics of the car and the damage. Has anyone had their bumpers repainted and about how much does it cost? I have heard some talk on here before about wetsanding and a clear coat will bring them back. Just looking for some information. All help would be greatly appreciated.

-bryan

Last edited by bmccrary; 10-21-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What a dick!!! Dude I'm sorry to hear that... Did you already pay for the tranny work?

It looks like the bumper is down to the plastic so wetanding and clear won't be enough... but to be honest, if you're sanding it down and spraying clear spraying a layer of color first doesn't require much more work and therefore shouldn't cost much more money.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

It was return work, under warrenty. So no, I didnt pay for it.

Yeah its down the plastic, it soaks up so much wax. I have horrible cracking, espically in the front around the emblem. If I get it done cheap, I will do both at the same time.

-bryan
Old 10-21-2006, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get it done cheap you will have to re do it soon, bumpers need flex added in, i say go back and fight to get the shop to pay for it but dont let them do it cuz they probably wont, get it done at another shop and have them pay for it. You can contact your insurance company and they can fight with the guy over it.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I told him, I would go ot another shop and get and invoice and send it them, and he said he cant do anything.

I really would like my bumpers fixed, but I dont think its worth going to court over, and getting the insurance company involved will prolly end up making our insurance go up, which is not what I need. I mean why is it so hard to get work done for a decent price?

-bryan
Old 10-21-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is total bullshit. I agree, contact your insurance and let them deal with him.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

But wont my insurance go up if I make a claim?

-bryan
Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

no, you arent making an accident claim, it is fault on the part of the body shop, this is what you pay for insurance. There is no way they can raise your rates.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by transambandit
no, you arent making an accident claim, it is fault on the part of the body shop, this is what you pay for insurance. There is no way they can raise your rates.
Not true, some insurance companies, like mine, still will count it as an "incident" or "report" or some other garbage. Basically a strike against you.

I've been hit by other people, their fault, their insurance paid and it still puts me in a higher risk category...
Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Not true, some insurance companies, like mine, still will count it as an "incident" or "report" or some other garbage. Basically a strike against you.

I've been hit by other people, their fault, their insurance paid and it still puts me in a higher risk category...
then youve got a shitty insurance company and should switch then, most insurance companies wont raise your rates for something like this because if they did chances are you would leave them, since when you apply for another insurance you wouldnt have to claim this since its not an accident or a ticket and you would get the same/lower rate and they would be out their money, since they want to make money back from you they dont want to risk losing you, so they let little stuff like this slide and dont raise your rates. The only thing you might look at is when your contract renews instead of getting a slightly lower rate yours would stay the same.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by transambandit
then youve got a shitty insurance company and should switch then, most insurance companies wont raise your rates for something like this because if they did chances are you would leave them, since when you apply for another insurance you wouldnt have to claim this since its not an accident or a ticket and you would get the same/lower rate and they would be out their money, since they want to make money back from you they dont want to risk losing you, so they let little stuff like this slide and dont raise your rates. The only thing you might look at is when your contract renews instead of getting a slightly lower rate yours would stay the same.

I was waiting for that response, well guess what, that's not the case. My rates did not go up immeadiately BUT they went up when it was time to re-new the claim... BUT when I look at other companies for lower rates they still see it as a "claim" and they don't care whose fault it is either... The more claims filed the higher a risk I am the higher my rates are.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Well guys, i am going to take the car to get the tranny fixed on Monday. I will ask specificly that the owner stays away from my carand when I get it back I am calling AAMCO's corporate head quarters and see what I can do with that.

-bryan

Quick Reply: Faded Bumpes with other flaws...