Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help... My car's filled with water!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drumbo87
underneath the pcm on the right side of the car, there is a large hole with a rubber fitting, where various wires enter and exhit the car, if this cracks, or is moved in any way water will run in when there is a lot of rain.... i used this hole in the firewall to route several nitrous powerlines and my main line... shortly after my car was flooded. Im not sure if this is the problem with any others who have leakes... just my 2 cents... - jd
I had the exact same problem. Water was running down onto the nitrous line and following it into the car. My floor would flood everytime it rained. Took me 2 weeks to figure out where it was coming from.
For those that don't have nitrous, i suppose water could still run down the wiring and into the car.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Thanks for all the pointers guys... I have the car in the garage right now with big ol' dehumidfier inside drying it all out.. .when I get a chance I'm yanking the carpet... I think that the water came either in the hatch or through the front drivers door judging by where it is puddled... I'm working on a solution, but as I said, the rain/wind was some of the most extreme we've ever had at my house. My dad has had a weather station hooked up for about 8 years now, and the winds were the highest he's ever registered, paired w/ tons of rain in a short period of time... Quite unusual circumstances for this area!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2001chevroletz28
I bet it is coming inbetween the winshield and the cowl area .
I had this problem with my beater - a Toyotal Avalon. I thought it was coming in from the sunroof. I had my windshield replaced yesterday and it turns out the leak was coming from the seal above the passenger side. When we got hard rain it would SOAK the passenger seat and carpet.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Restricted User

I had this issue with my hawk one time, my driveway leans towards my garage, and I had the car out in the driveway, facing the garage. To make matters worse, the rear end was jackup a bit while I was working on it. Left it like that for a few days, and came out to find water in the rear seat area. I already had the interior stripped out, so I sat in it, while my wife sprayed a hose all over it. The water fills up the channel under the hatch, and since it can't drain back, it comes up and leaks through the weather stripping and runs forward. The water trickles along the metal bpillars of the car, so you would not see the rear hatch area being wet.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a water problem too. Except I didn't know about it until it was too late now I got mildew/mold smell. My carpet is dry but still the smell. WHAT SHOULD I DO? Is there anyway to get mold and mildew out of a car? If I replace the carpet should that total get rid of the smell or could it have got in my headliner?

Please Help!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I need some help/advice.

Quick Reply: Help... My car's filled with water!