Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I know been said before but...DH Fenders

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well you dont have a clue what I got so watch your mouth.. Second of all even if it did beat me it is still ******* gay.....Atleast Ill look good getting beat!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Hey if he dont like it w/e.

I think it looks pretty good though. Dont konw if anyone caught the hood but I'm sure that thing looks mean as hell!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ya I caught the hood they sell those on ebay I thought it was actually worse than the fenders.. Just my opinion though. By the way noticed Ed Wright tuned your car, he did mine as well super happy with his work..
Old 11-10-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2001chevroletz28
another waste of space I think maybe you should lift your car at put some mudders on it too. Oh ya dont foget the mud flaps the ones with the chrome chics on them !!!
Grow up
Old 11-10-2006, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

i think GMMG might have a patent on those fenders and quarters and wont sell em to the public. But ya they would look awesome, I would get em in a heartbeat if i had the money but like someone else said you would need rims that are 2-3 inches wider all the way around.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i love them i think they are badass and would make our cars more compact looking.Plus i want 325's and spacers and that would look good. Can someone photoshop a ta?
Old 11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Trust
That gay ricer will absoultly destroy your car..
Thats exactly what I was thinking. There is absolutely nothing ricer about a Dick Harrell Camaro.

Edit. Link fixed thanks to Kny3twalker

Last edited by 02_LS1; 11-11-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

be a friend and post the pictures, I do not want to join another forum

http://www.imagethrust.com/
upload to pictures to this site

then right click on the large picture (not thumbnail) you uploaded on imagethrust and then choose properties
under the image properties line, you will see location

copy the location http address
then post here, use the insert image, then paste the image location address in the insert image

do this for all your pictures
its real easy
Old 11-10-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trust
That gay ricer will absoultly destroy your car..
agreed.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by 02_LS1
Thats exactly what I was thinking. There is absolutely nothing ricer about a Dick Harrell Camaro.

Edit. Link fixed thanks to Kny3twalker
Ok Ok OK now maybe the siver one does look pretty sweet!
Old 11-13-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Of course it looks sweet its the f*%ing dick harrel camaro. Search around on the boards and find the pics of the hugger orange? or is it metallic orange? dick harrel camaro. Those fenders take care of THE SINGLE thing i dont like abut the look of my car. Thats how camaros should be.. big rear wheel wells and monster tires. ****, i have 315's and im not happy with them.. i want bigger

By the way.. is that car flat black?... i kinda like that and im painting my car in the spring..hmm..
Old 11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Launching!

i always thought the rear quarters were made onto the unibody of the car... am i wrong? i've always been told that that's how the 4thgens are made, and that's why it's such a big deal if the rear quarters are damaged. that would also explain why no one is producing these things - they're too much hassle to put on.

set me straight guys.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I got a magazine a few months back with the origional D/H camaros in it, i think its pretty cool, not at all ricer, ricer is when you have a wide body kit on the front of your car, stock doors and then a squared off wide rear end. i like how the D/H camaros have the rear fenders widened to support the use of wider tires.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00 YEAH
i always thought the rear quarters were made onto the unibody of the car... am i wrong? i've always been told that that's how the 4thgens are made, and that's why it's such a big deal if the rear quarters are damaged. that would also explain why no one is producing these things - they're too much hassle to put on.

set me straight guys.
probably right because like you said the quarters are welded.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fibbado
Of course it looks sweet its the f*%ing dick harrel camaro. Search around on the boards and find the pics of the hugger orange? or is it metallic orange? dick harrel camaro. Those fenders take care of THE SINGLE thing i dont like abut the look of my car. Thats how camaros should be.. big rear wheel wells and monster tires. ****, i have 315's and im not happy with them.. i want bigger

By the way.. is that car flat black?... i kinda like that and im painting my car in the spring..hmm..

Metallic orange.....I spuge my pants everytime I see it...oops....did it again!
BRB
Old 11-13-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

Ehh... I don't know. That was a tad bit extreame to call it rice, but I am not too big of a fan of if it either... If I look at it long enough I am sure it will grow on me. It is just so different, something about the lines I don't really like. If it flowed into it more from the door then I might like it more...

Also, I don't think you should bash someone for expressing their opinion on a car regardless of what it is...just my .02.

-bryan
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BitViper
Metallic orange.....I spuge my pants everytime I see it...oops....did it again!
BRB

Spooge Fest...Starts Now...

Old 11-13-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BitViper
Ok, it grew on me...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Launching!

i got a picture of a yellow one and a MBM one... lemme dig em up...

oop wait... the MBM car is a berger. never mind.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

There are several reasons the fenders are not being mass produced. The two biggest ones I could come up with were:
A. The fender is a solid, structural piece. You could not simply make a new fender and "bolt" it on. It would be impossible to warranty a fiberglass fender, or hell, even an aluminum replacement fender. The guys who had the money to pay for them would be the guys with the money to have 500rwhp. That would bend, crack, snap, and molest the hell out of those fenders.
B. The market is dead. The money on R&D could not be recouped on a dead body-style. With the new car scheduled for release already, there is not that much money to be made on something that would be so costly to design, test, redesign, produce, distribute, etc.

However, just because it can't be mass-produced doesn't mean it can't be done. The guy who is doing my carbon fiber interior is contemplating a similar style flare. It should be "fairly" simple. We would like to get two spare rear quarter panels and make a fiberglass flare similar in dimensions to the DH cars. The fiberglass flare would be used to make a mold. Use the mold to make a carbon fiber piece in a vaccuum press. The carbon fiber "flare" could be sold and bolted on to the owners car. It'd be tough enough to withstand some abuse, and it wouldn't replace the OEM fender. Of course, they'd have to have it molded and repainted to be flush, and you'd need some wider rear wheels, and you couldn't be lowered but that's a fair trade I believe.

It's not a for sure thing yet, we'll see after the interior. Just an idea to throw around for any of you custom CF guys out there who might want to give it a try before I do.

Quick Reply: I know been said before but...DH Fenders