Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone else get frustrated modding the exterior??? I'm through with it for now...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006 | 12:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
you know what i think would set off your car??? this grill...

this looks badass...
couldnt find the pic i was looking for, but i beleive its the same car
anyhoo...your car would look HOTT with this on there IMO
BTW your car looks very badass as is...i know its a pain to maintain...the fogs and blinkers are expensive sockets, but just so you know your car is very beautiful.
oh and one more thing...that hood is sweet! if i had a camaro, thats the hood i would buy...or XtinctZ28's hood. as a matter of fact i would copy XtinctZ28's car exactly
anyway on with the thread...its late and im rambling
Umm... that's the grill I have but black with a bowtie on it
Old 11-29-2006 | 12:56 AM
Banned

Old 11-29-2006 | 01:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

sooooooo
what your saying is...its the same but different lol
Old 11-29-2006 | 03:59 AM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Your appearance mods are improving with each go-round. Not many people will admit their Halos look ricer and remove them once they are on the car

You can use clear RTV to seal those clear corners. Should have done that before installing them, they are known for leaking otherwise. Just run a good bead all the way around the seam where the clear lens is glued to the housing.

You can always re-polish the headlights too. Not a big deal. Keep wax on them and they won't haze as quickly.
my car looks ricer...... but people compliment it all the time. i guess the halos make my car look like rice..
Old 11-29-2006 | 05:05 AM
Banned

sooooooo
what your saying is...its the same but different lol
I just wasn't sure if you saw in the other pics that it had a grille...
Old 11-30-2006 | 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

actually i didnt notice b4 my first post lol i saw it after your responded. i just love chrome lol again...car looks great
Old 11-30-2006 | 03:37 AM
Banned

i just love chrome
Then why did you post a billet grille
Old 11-30-2006 | 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Not a fan of the grille or whistler headlights.

Other than that the car looks awesome.

Shoulda kept the halos.
Old 11-30-2006 | 12:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Again, I am not going to get a daily driver so I can garage a $7400 Camaro...
What's the price have to do with it? If it's in excellent shape and you want to keep it that way, then the price you paid shouldn't really matter. IMO. But then again, you live in a climate where daily driving isn't nearly as hard on a car as where I live.
Old 11-30-2006 | 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
What's the price have to do with it? If it's in excellent shape and you want to keep it that way, then the price you paid shouldn't really matter. IMO. But then again, you live in a climate where daily driving isn't nearly as hard on a car as where I live.
Yeah the weather isn't bad it is just the road conditions... My point about the money is that this IS a daily driver (bought for that purpose, not like I spent $50,000 on a car to keep around)...

Also, I never really understood the masochistic way people do all this stuff to their car but only enjoy it by looking at it in the garage or maybe driving it on the weekends...
Old 11-30-2006 | 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

... Also, I never really understood the masochistic way people do all this stuff to their car but only enjoy it by looking at it in the garage or maybe driving it on the weekends...
I think I've been insulted! It is true though, some people (like me) buy these cars for weekends and nice weather. I drive my truck to work every day while the Z sits at home. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy my car though. I drive it any chance I get (except not too much in the winter).
Old 11-30-2006 | 04:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
If it's in excellent shape and you want to keep it that way, then the price you paid shouldn't really matter.
Ok, time to fess up... There's something I left out of this post that is also guiding my decision...

I was all ready to have the hood painted and then finish the exterior off with one last touch... Then the emblem thing put me over the edge of not wanting to do it...

My plans were to paint the hood and then put 346 EMBLEMS on the side of the cowl. They look IDENTICAL to the old 305 emblems Z28's had on the side of the cowl EXCEPT they would be chrome outline with BLACK letters instead of chrome outlines with WHITE letters...

Picture this emblem but the letters black and the numbers read 346:

I can get them from Year One and thought they would put the finishing touches on my car which I have tried to go with the idea of making the "Ultimate Z28"...

BUT the emblems are $15 a piece and I need 6 of them (they sell them by the indvidual number: 1,2,3, etc...) SO, I'm willing to pay the $90 to have a cool finishing touch on my car BUT I'm a little scared to do it right now since I just had $70 of emblems jacked off my car...

I left out this piece of info because I didn't want to be copied untill AFTER I had them on the car

Anyways, right now my philosophy is to just finish the interior and then go to the exterior this way when I need to fix something that gets messed up or stolen it won't **** me off as much because I won't be thinking, "Man, I could have bought xxxxxx for the interior with this money instead of replacing something I already had..."

I'm doing the interior all in one shot so it shouldn't be long untill it's done (just after Christmas I'm sure...) and then I'll change the shocks out (to raise it back up a little in the front) and the hood and bumper will be painted and I'll get the emblems for the cowl
Old 11-30-2006 | 04:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Z/28
I think I've been insulted! It is true though, some people (like me) buy these cars for weekends and nice weather. I drive my truck to work every day while the Z sits at home. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy my car though. I drive it any chance I get (except not too much in the winter).
You've got an SS though, mine is just a Z28 (in other words not as rare and less expensive therefore not a big deal to use as a daily driver)...

Aww hell, I probably just insulted a bunch of other people
Old 11-30-2006 | 04:54 PM
Banned

I have personal issues that seem to screw up everything I have planned for the car.

I have the parts, and the soon to be ex-wife is being a bitch. Some crazy expense seems to come up regarding my pending divorce and the car is on the back-burner again. It's just one thing after another and I can't do the things I want.

Your problems could be alot worse than foggy, hazy headlights & a couple bumper scrapes.
Old 11-30-2006 | 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

your car is one of my favorite cars on hear and by far one of the best fourth gen camaros i have ever seen. sounds like you got a pretty good deal on the car, is that enough to justify getting that hood painted and getting your 346 emblems i would really like to see it fininished and on the background of my computer.
Old 11-30-2006 | 07:22 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Black Z/28
It is true though, some people (like me) buy these cars for weekends and nice weather. I drive my truck to work every day while the Z sits at home. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy my car though.
I am one of these people. I have plenty of other cars to drive for the daily bad weather commute. The Z28 is reserved for "fun" driving only. And fun it is.
Old 11-30-2006 | 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
T/A > Catfish

Old 11-30-2006 | 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Car looks amazing dude!
Old 11-30-2006 | 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

It seems like I take one step forward and get knocked two steps back...

I bought the car stock and it was in mint condition:

I got new rims and detailed the car...

...and some lady hit me... Then I needed a mirror and my rims now have curb rash...

I get all that fixed and body color the mirrors while getting new spoiler (ZR28 style) HALOS, Black Housing Turn Signals and somewhere before all that got my 1974 style emblems and Black Billet Grille with Blue Bowtie and I also drop the car with Eibachs and Koni DA's...

The new spoiler looks like @ss (the ZR28 style), the Halos look like @ss and I run into someone screwing up my front bumper...

So I get another spoiler, the SS spoiler, sell the Halos just to go back to stock Whistlers and have my front bumper repainted...

The drop on my car causes the front bumper to be very scraped up within a couple of weeks... The SS spoiler looks great so at least that worked out but the turn signals fog up everytime I wash the car (which can be seen in the above pic) and then some @sshole steals my emblems

I replaced the emblems and bought a Sunoco hood:

...but before I can even get the hood painted I need to spend money on new headlights because these are already hazing (sanding and polishing didn't last), new turn signals (since these fog), and I need to have enough money to paint the hood and front bumper again BUT I need to change out my Koni DA shocks w/Eibach springs for Koni SA shocks with stock springs on a lower perch so that the bumper won't scrape again...

And I'm sure I'll just end up with rock chips on the freshly painted hood since the car is a daily driver on the worst road in the world, the 405...

Granted some of it has been me changing my mind on what I wanted (the Halos and spoiler) which I've done on other mods (ditched the Flowmaster for the Mufflex system) but it just seems like I'll never be able to check everything on my list off because it's a daily driver and I'll always be fixing something...

SO, for now, in lieu of painting my hood and "finishing" my exterior I'm spending money to "finish" the interior so I'll have some satisfaction out of the car...

I'm ordering my Recaro style black leather seats...

...installing my rollbar...

...installing ebony carpet and mats (the car's interior is a dark grey, it's a 1998, right now), ebony trim (air vents, gauge cluster bezel, radio trim, center console top and bottom), ebony leather e-brake handle and ebony seat belts to tie the black leather seats into the grey interior better (the steering wheel and shift **** are already black leather)...

...I'm also recovering the door panel inserts in black leather and the center console arm rest in black leather, like this but black leather with black stitching...

Sorry, there's no polls or anything in this thread... Just kind of venting I guess. Also, when I post up the finished interior you guys will know why the hood will still be un-painted

Comments welcome...

Hey drill a hole in the turn signals so that the water can evaporate out. It worked for me, a little bit of water gets in (including condensation for the righty) and it just can't get out.
Old 11-30-2006 | 11:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Hey drill a hole in the turn signals so that the water can evaporate out. It worked for me, a little bit of water gets in (including condensation for the righty) and it just can't get out.
Yeah, I'm going to give that a shot this weekend...

Quick Reply: Anyone else get frustrated modding the exterior??? I'm through with it for now...