Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

People that put the "ws6" emblem's....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TORK?
what if i put wood siding on a house that isnt a log cabin? am i a "poser?" forget that.
I think this is a little bit different subject than that
Old 12-06-2006, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

If your doing it the only reason is because you want people to think its an SS or WS6, if thats not a poser I dont know what is.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by farnoush
If your doing it the only reason is because you want people to think its an SS or WS6, if thats not a poser I dont know what is.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

The good-looking poser cars out there would look just as kick-*** without the poser emblems on them. I've owned three non-WS6 cars with factory WS6 hoods and wheels, but never put the poser WS6 emblem on them. Sticking an emblem on a vehicle is branding it as something it isn't. 9 out of 10 posers will tell people it is a WS6 or SS, because that was the point of putting the fake badges on the car in the first place.

Be proud of what you drive, it doesn't need any stinking fake badges to make it cool.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually was a strong supporter of doing what you want and said that it was fine, however it seems my opinion has slightly changed. Really the only reason you would put it on there was for people to 'think' your car was something its not, I mean the badges don't look that good IMO anyway, they almost look like 'dealer decals'. If you really want the badge, do a WS9 badge, and if nobody believes you show them the RPO code in the door. I don't think that you should put a WS6 badge on a non WS6 car, it IS posing, by definition.

poser
n 1: a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not [syn: poseur]

Which can be applied to a vehicle. So no, don't do it
Old 12-06-2006, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

*sigh* Whatever somebody wants to do to their car is fine. If they are happy being a poser, I'm not gonna rain on their little posing parade. I'll just laugh and move on. "Posing" to me would be putting a WS6/SS emblem on a V6. I'll just and move on. If somebody wants to put them on their V8 that has 11 second passes, same thing, I'm not gonna knock what they do with emblems. How does it really affect me that their car has a emblem and it's not a "real" car? It don't.

FWIW, I don't have nor will I ever have a WS6 emblem on my car.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
*sigh* Whatever somebody wants to do to their car is fine. If they are happy being a poser, I'm not gonna rain on their little posing parade.
You are okay to rain on their parade when they ask opinions about the subject. See first post
Old 12-06-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

I only put it on there because I was sick and tired of explaining to people how my car was not a WS6, despite it looking and performing identical to one. so now, she's a clone

it's not like putting a Cobra badge on a GT Mustang, nor is it plastered on the sides of the car... so I went with it.

I tried the WS7 badge, but come on, that's fruity. And goodluck not looking like a dumbshit trying to explain that one.

furthermore, and most importantly, I've never said "my WS6" and the badge is gone the second before I ever sell the car.

at least it's in the exact spot.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
I only put it on there because I was sick and tired of explaining to people how my car was not a WS6, despite it looking and performing identical to one. so now, she's a clone

it's not like putting a Cobra badge on a GT Mustang, nor is it plastered on the sides of the car... so I went with it.

I tried the WS7 badge, but come on, that's fruity. And goodluck not looking like a dumbshit trying to explain that one.

furthermore, and most importantly, I've never said "my WS6" and the badge is gone the second before I sell the car.
I'm not for or against it either way (if you want to be a poser, have at it unless you sell it, then take the damn things off)
BUT
it is EXACTLY like putting a Cobra emblem on a regular GT, I fail to see how you could see it differently. You have taken a lower model vehicle and rebadged it to make people think it was a more desirable model. Same thing for anyone that would put a Z06 badge on a standard Corvette, AMG on a regular Mercedes, or Type-R on damn near anything. For those of you who say "I didn't do it to make people think it was something else"...really? Then why did you do it? I assume you are smart enough to realize what your own car is.

Do what you want, but call it what it is
Old 12-06-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by magius231
I'm not for or against it either way (if you want to be a poser, have at it unless you sell it, then take the damn things off)
BUT
it is EXACTLY like putting a Cobra emblem on a regular GT, I fail to see how you could see it differently. You have taken a lower model vehicle and rebadged it to make people think it was a more desirable model. Same thing for anyone that would put a Z06 badge on a standard Corvette, AMG on a regular Mercedes, or Type-R on damn near anything. For those of you who say "I didn't do it to make people think it was something else"...really? Then why did you do it? I assume you are smart enough to realize what your own car is.

Do what you want, but call it what it is
the difference is, to me anyway, the Cobra and GT (and Vette vs. Z06) have entirely different motors.

i'll probably take the emblem off eventually anyway, it doesn't make much sense if i have to defend it that much... that is, if the emblem doesn't get stolen first.

at least i don't have hillbillys asking why i didn't get a ws6 though
Old 12-06-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This is what I'm putting on my T/A. Plus the RPO sticker already has WS9
Attached Thumbnails People that put the "ws6" emblem's....-ws9-badge.jpg  
Old 12-06-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

i've been thinking of taking mine off anyway, so here's a poll for you guys

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/620164-alright-here-keep-remove-ws6-badge.html
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
I only put it on there because I was sick and tired of explaining to people how my car was not a WS6, despite it looking and performing identical to one.
People that you have to "explain" what a WS6 is are probably idiots anyways, and don't know what a WS6 is. Most of the population calls them "Ram Air Trans Ams", they have no clue what WS6 is. What is so hard to explain that you have a Ram Air hood? I've owned several clones, and never has anyone asked if it was a WS6, they always ask if it is a Ram Air. Only F-body enthusiasts would ask about the WS6, and those guys shouldn't need much explanation that it just has a hood on it.

So, your exuse is just a little bit weak, just come out of poser denial
Old 12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
People that you have to "explain" what a WS6 is are probably idiots anyways, and don't know what a WS6 is. Most of the population calls them "Ram Air Trans Ams", they have no clue what WS6 is. What is so hard to explain that you have a Ram Air hood? I've owned several clones, and never has anyone asked if it was a WS6, they always ask if it is a Ram Air. Only F-body enthusiasts would ask about the WS6, and those guys shouldn't need much explanation that it just has a hood on it.

So, your exuse is just a little bit weak, just come out of poser denial
the people i've talked to around here truly believe the WS6 is a much faster car than the base model T/A. that's where my excuse comes from.

vote in the thread above if you want to see it removed. i've been leaning that way for a while now as it is. should look cleaner anyway.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TORK?
i dont see why anyone would have a problem with someone else doing it. notice everyone who doesn't like it are the ones who own WS6's. are you afraid someone who paid $3000 less is going to take some of your head turn attention away?
Not true at all.
I use to not have a WS6. In 1999 I bought a Black M6 Trans Am. I enjoyed it being called the Batmobile wherever I went but I had originally been on a quest to get a WS6 and they were few and far between in 99. So I got a regular T/A and a couple months later a horrific hail storm damaged my sleek hood. I opted to get an aftermarket ram air hood from Suncoast Creations and they also offered a WS7 badge to go along with it so I got that and the 30th Anniv stripes in Gold from them. I got the WS7 badge because I knew that if I ran into any other owners and had a WS6 badge on my car they would call me out on it and I didn't want to have to deal with that stuff. Out of respect to the real WS6 owners I adorned my 99 with the WS7 badge and to my knowledge I was one of the first people to do so as I use to constantly answer questions about it on LS1. The time came when I figured I should get the best of the last and so I snapped up a CETA on a sweet trade-in(thats another story, haha) and Have been a proud WS6 owner since.

I just think that out of respect to the actual cars that were factory WS6's no one should rebadge their car like that. But I'm funny like that because I'm a die-hard enthusiast.
If you really want a badge back there, go with the WS7 or WS9...they will suit the mods better.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

doesn't really bother me that much ......... as long as they dont go around claiming it to be something it isn't .............. still wouldnt do it though.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
12 Second Club

WHO CARES ..... Do what you ant. WS6 or SS ,Z28 same damn car..As long as your not a POS 6cyl trying to pose, I hate that..
Old 12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

LOL!! recently someone here was running a poll to see if he should leaved the WS6 badge on or just take it off...because of redneck's opinion over his car!! LOL!!! But the funny part was he said the WS7, WS9 badges were a dumbass thing....like if having a WS6 badge on a non-WS6 badge on due to redneck's opinion wasnt "dumbass" enough!!!! But wait!....the fun part is that after I called him upon it he deleted the thread!!!LOL!!!!!!!! Thats been dumbassx2 if you ask me......

WS6 on non WS6 is really dumbass!! LO!L!!

BTW..ring a bell, Silver02ta? LOL! Pay back's a biatch!!!!!

Last edited by chaman; 12-06-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check the RPO codes in yur door jam and see if yur car is a WS9 they make WS9 badges that looks like the WS6 and you wont be a poser!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:09 PM
TECH Resident

Ws9 Emblem For The Win!!!!

Quick Reply: People that put the "ws6" emblem's....