Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

People that put the "ws6" emblem's....

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
LOL!! recently someone here was running a poll to see if he should leaved the WS6 badge on or just take it off...because of redneck's opinion over his car!! LOL!!! But the funny part was he said the WS7, WS9 badges were a dumbass thing....like if having a WS6 badge on a non-WS6 badge on due to redneck's opinion wasnt "dumbass" enough!!!! But wait!....the fun part is that after I called him upon it he deleted the thread!!!LOL!!!!!!!! Thats been dumbassx2 if you ask me......

WS6 on non WS6 is really dumbass!! LO!L!!

BTW..ring a bell, Silver02ta? LOL! Pay back's a biatch!!!!!
i deleted the thread because i made up my mind and took the emblem off, smart guy.

and wtf are you talking about? payback for what?

a few less "LOL!1!!!" in your responses, and you'll sound less of a dumbass yourself Mr. WS7...
Old 12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a WS6 badge on my car because I thought it mimicked my Arrowhead badge on the front of my car, you know Chrome inlayed with red, but I took it off to give the car a cleaner look, I also hated explaining why I put it on in the first place. I never told anyone it was a WS6 though. It looks so much better without it IMO.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Launching!

i say keep the t/a badges. those last of breed badges are pretty sick too but, at the very most i say ws7 or ws9 you put that 6 on there and youre gonna get a lot of heat from the guys on here. if you do end up puttin the ws6 on there it wont be as bad as the kid that completly transformed his firebird into a t/a...down to the badges. i mean ****, you share the same motor. ahahahahaha. make sure you make it look exactly like a ws6 and make sure you have more power than one too. clones arent my style but, people do them all the time.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
i deleted the thread because i made up my mind and took the emblem off, smart guy.
Glad to hear it Did you get that warm feeling you get when you do the right thing?
Old 12-06-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by f50nut
Glad to hear it Did you get that warm feeling you get when you do the right thing?
haha, i got a better feeling that the rear looks even cleaner
Old 12-06-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My momma always says, "A clean rear is always a good thing."
Oh,nothing beats this kid in my area who has a camaro with a WS6-style hood and Birds on his B-Pillars.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Originally Posted by SweeTbone
*sigh* Whatever somebody wants to do to their car is fine. If they are happy being a poser, I'm not gonna rain on their little posing parade.
You are okay to rain on their parade when they ask opinions about the subject. See first post
Yeah, I guess when they ask, I'll blow in like a monsoon and let it rip. Unfortuantely, most people are not looking for rain during the Poser Parade and they end up getting soaked when somebody starts pouring off at the mouth about their car not being a "real" WS6/SS when they didn't even ask for their input. They know it and you know it. Does it really need to be said? But I want to clarify this is just if you don't know that somebody, like you see their clone/pose-mobile at the local cruise spot and you've never met them. If you know them, start the poser smackdown.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

I think this is more of a maturity thing. The older you get the more you learn to be proud of what you drive and not what you wish you drove. Notice you will be far pressed to find someone over the age of 25 sporting the wrong badges. Drive through a highschool parking lot and you will find more type r's and cobras than you could ever imagine. Granted this isnt always the case, but it seems to be a pattern.

I have yet to hear a good reason to badge the car as something it is not except for "well its just as fast as a SS or WS6, so its not like they are special." To that person I ask, then why put the badges on?
Old 12-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

I've got one, how about someone who takes a V6 and does a LS2 swap? Would he or she be more inclined to slap a z/28 or T/A badge on it? Afterall, it's not a 6 anymore and if you're doing that, you're obviously not going to sell it. Plus the engine is better than a stock z/28, T/A, SS, or WS6.

I like the badgeless look anyway.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

I feel a 30th aniv. WS6 badge would look good on my car, but its no way I could get myself to putting it on the car.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If it's not a SS or WS6, don't put the badges on. It's as simple as that.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:41 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

There is validity to both views. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Have you seen the clones (stated as being such, no less) taking big money at auction? To some extent, a package is a bunch of parts, it doesn't matter too much if some factory worker, or you, or your mechanic, install them.

Having said that.... If it is a clone, it ought to be labeld one. Further more, for it to truly be a WS6, even if it's a DIY job, it has to have all the factory parts - not just the hood and wheels, gotta make sure all of it is matching bone stock WS6, including the crappy DeCarbons, and springs that create what everyone calls a "4x4 look". And... the hood has to be an OEM piece (which really look better than any aftermarket hood anyway). How many people are willing to do that? If you put the hood and rims on it but have it lowered before you swap the hood, it's technically not a WS6. Period. So don't badge it as one. The only exceptions are the ones that actually started out life as a WS6, might as well just leave it on since it was truly to start with.

WS9 is the Formula conversion. All T/A's have it, but to me it really says "Formula". Kinda like if "Z/28" had a name and not just a code. That's what WS9 is (essentially). I think that just leads to confusion unless you actually have a Formula.

This is where WS7 came in, AFAIK, and it is a good idea. Something to take up the badge space, look good, and indicate that it's just a clone.

Of course, in theory one ought to just go with a different kind of hood altogether or leave it stock (looking, changing the material it's made of is a good idea). Leave the WS6 hoods to the WS6s (since you're not doing a true clone anyway 99.9% of the time).

But I think that just goes to show how damn good a job Pontiac did with the car. Not only has it ALWAYS looked WAY better than the camaro, it actually looks *so* good that people want the stock look and only change rims and stance (away from that). The 'other' car has about a thousand different hoods because the factory didn't do nearly as good a job. But then I've always wondered what possesed people to ever buy the 'other' car in the first place, but nevermind....
Old 12-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Launching!

If you want to take up space under the tail light, throw on the 5.7 badge from the 04 GTO. I think the WS.9 and WS.7 badge is retarded.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by _JB_
If it's not a SS or WS6, don't put the badges on. It's as simple as that.
completly agree
Old 12-07-2006, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

if its YOUR car do what ever the hell you want............simple as that

and yes i understand he was asking for opinions but who cares what badges bobby joe jim down the street puts on his car???

some of you really should hop off of your high horses and come down here with us "common folk"

/rant
Old 12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Launching!

The previous owener had put SS badges on mine, due to it have a SS hood. One of the first things I did to the car was take them off.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLOODTA
My momma always says, "A clean rear is always a good thing."
Oh,nothing beats this kid in my area who has a camaro with a WS6-style hood and Birds on his B-Pillars.
lol take a pic next time
Old 12-07-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just love how everyone gets so pissy over a piece of plastic. what gets me even more is that its especially nothing on these cars where the only differences are cosmetic, its not like badging a gt a cobra because the cobra is abvioulsy better on so many levels. i drive a z28 and im proud of that, i didnt want an SS and im not going to label it one, but who cares if someone does, its theur car let them do what they want.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Launching!

can someone exsplain the ws7 and 9 badges and what they mean im skiddish on them thxs...
Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here ya go.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&highlight=WS7

Quick Reply: People that put the "ws6" emblem's....