Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

People that put the "ws6" emblem's....

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WS9 hood is being built by Roger at US Exotics and will be here in two weeks. AFS black chrome ZR-1 Corvette wheels were mounted nearly a year ago. It's a Trans Am and I would never badge it as a WS6 or Firehawk car out of respect to the guys who have their WS6's and Firehawk's. Doesn't matter much to me nor is it important to most folks IMHO.

Not bragging, but, WS6 or not ... Firehawk or not ... mine gets the most attention as a regular Trans Am with ZR-1's already ... when gathering around other WS6's. So, with the new WS9 hood, I really think car will get the attention. After all, a WS6 is JUST a WS6. Maybe it cost $3000 more, but, I have $45,000+ in my car and it has never been beat by a WS6 ... or by a Firehawk for that matter.

Moral of MY story is ... yeah, I'll admit I wish it was a true WS6, but, this WS9 hood looks better with the heat extractors and I will have a functional airbox ... so, who gives a **** anyway?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shouldn't it be ws5 badges for the ones that are cloned not ws7, what makes the clone so special it gets the higher number over the 6.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:03 PM
On The Tree

It doesn't bother me too much. I think the only thing that would bother me is if they went around saying its a WS6. Thats where I would look at the RPO codes on the inside of the driver's door to see if it was true. If they were lying that just means they are a jackass.

Slver02 TA - Do you want to sell that WS6 badge? Mines kind of tarnished, been that way since I bought it.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:10 PM
TECH Regular

I can't stand ppl who put the WS6/SS emblems on their car when its not, honestly its a big pet peeve
Old 12-08-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

If you got the hood and wheels regular people are gonna think its a ws6 regardless if there are badges or not. I like the idea of the 5.7 badges someone said earlier, But its your car do what you want.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

I have SS badges on my Z28.. Why? Someone stole the Z28 badges off of the car before I bought it, so it had none. making it look like a v6. A friend of mine had extra SS badges that he wasn't going to use, and offered them to me.. I said **** it, put em on, and they looked ALOT better than the shitty Z28 emblems. I would prefer to have the z06 Z28 emblems over the SS ones, but I am afraid of them being stolen.

I don't try and trick anyone into thinking it's an SS, it's a 94, they didn't even make SS in that year. I just prefer the look over the z28 badges.

In my opinion, if your car is faster than the car with the badges you're using.. then it's ok. My car is faster than a stock SS, but I promise, if anyone wants to send me some free z06"z28" badges, I'll take those SS ones right off.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Putting emblems on a car that aren't what the car is, makes you a poser.

9 out of 10 posers will tell people it is a WS6 or SS, because that was the point of putting the fake badges on the car in the first place.

Be proud of what you drive, it doesn't need any stinking fake badges to make it cool.
PERIOD. End of story.

Doing this would put you in the same category as the weenies I went to school with who never played a sport but walked around wearing someone elses letterman jacket.

Originally Posted by Daez
In my opinion, if your car is faster than the car with the badges you're using.. then it's ok.

Last edited by AnimalSS; 12-08-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about de-badging? am i a six cylinder poser?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Silas2k
what about de-badging? am i a six cylinder poser?
Or how about taking a wrecked Z/28 and a wrecked SS and putting them together? What do you call it!? A SS/28? Or a 28/ZZ? WTF!?!

And no one answered my question on the v6 to v8 swap, maybe I didn't word it right. How about you take a v6 and and put either A) an LS2 in it or B) the parts from a z/28 or SS Camaro into it. Could you put the Z/28 or SS badges on it? Technically the last option makes it one of the two.

Here's another brain buster! How about a crate Camaro? It doesn't come from any factory. OH GEEZ!

The only problem I can see is the people who have a v6 and put a z/28 or SS badge on thier car. I saw a v6 Camaro on ebay for $600 that had Z/28 badges on it, I was thinking about buying it so I could take the badges off and drive over them as I left with his car.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook
Or how about taking a wrecked Z/28 and a wrecked SS and putting them together? What do you call it!? A SS/28? Or a 28/ZZ? WTF!?!

And no one answered my question on the v6 to v8 swap, maybe I didn't word it right. How about you take a v6 and and put either A) an LS2 in it or B) the parts from a z/28 or SS Camaro into it. Could you put the Z/28 or SS badges on it? Technically the last option makes it one of the two.

Here's another brain buster! How about a crate Camaro? It doesn't come from any factory. OH GEEZ!

The only problem I can see is the people who have a v6 and put a z/28 or SS badge on thier car. I saw a v6 Camaro on ebay for $600 that had Z/28 badges on it, I was thinking about buying it so I could take the badges off and drive over them as I left with his car.
I say if you were to run your vin number and pull up the cars identity that way than thats what it is. Nothing more, nothing less when it comes to badging the car. Otherwise by your definition of the motor making the car what it is every RX7 with a LS1 swap would be considered a Z28 or SS.

Now maybe you can answer my question. Why arent the guys with SS' rebadging their cars as Z28's? Maybe the people that are doing the opposite could shed some light on it
Old 12-10-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

IMO, No way should a WS6 badge go on unless it's a genuine WS6.....WS7 is fine....WS9 only if it's a Formula
Old 12-10-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

its gay if it aint wat you want save up and get a real one. it looks so tacky when people do that in my opinion. if its a SS leave it a SS if its a Z28 leave it as a Z28 same for the Trans Am and WS-6.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

there is a v6 firebird running around my town with t\a emblems on it i laugh at it everytime i see it
Old 12-10-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just took every badge, decal, and piece of molding of mine it looks much cleaner this way!
Old 12-10-2006, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00firebird
shouldn't it be ws5 badges for the ones that are cloned not ws7, what makes the clone so special it gets the higher number over the 6.
Nope, you're really upset about this huh?! J/k man!

Originally Posted by miamifan3413
IMO, No way should a WS6 badge go on unless it's a genuine WS6.....WS7 is fine....WS9 only if it's a Formula
Why no WS9 for the TA? The WS9 is the code for the conversion of a V6 to a V8 (Formula) then there is a seperate code from Formula to TA. Obviously it goes in the order of Firebird, Formula, then Trans Am with each of them having their respective Special Editions; WS6, Firehawk, Black Bird etc. Since the TA has the WS9 code, and it an upgraded version of the Formula it has every right to have the WS9 badge.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook
Technically, you are wrong. Slapping an engine into a car doesn't "make" what the car is. Every single production car built has its own identity, called the VIN#. The SS/WS6/Firehawk all have specific RPO codes that they are born with. I'm not sure why so many people are clueless about how this works. You can't build your own authentic car, that would make them a fake, and they will always be a fake.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put one on my caar but i am making a clone! + i like the way it looks
Old 12-10-2006, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Then we end up with guys like this, selling their Z28 but advertising it as an "SS". Instead of calling it a Z28 with an SS hood.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/621363-possible-wtt-silver-ss-close-z28-cam-only-426-394-a.html

Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Resident

You guys are talking about people getting so pissed and fussy about putting badges on their non-factory optioned cars. Ha, you should have seen the fuss that arose when i took off all of my Firehawk badging. I swear it was like i murdered a religious icon. My reasoning behind my badge/sticker delete was because it no longer had anything that made it a Firehawk. It got a brand new 4 bolt main 383 stroker with AFR heads and custom single plane intake along with an F1 Pro Charger. It got all new suspension and a 12 bolt rear, new wheels...nothing about it made it a Firehawk, so i removed the stickers...oh well, to each is own, right?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 207 Likes on 174 Posts

One of the reasons that I like having a Formula is that nobody knows what it is ... 4.6 guys on the street sometimes think it's a V6 and then are in for a surprise. I've thought of replacing the "Formula" side lettering with "Firebird" ... "yeah, I put a little cam in the 3.8 - really woke it up."

Quick Reply: People that put the "ws6" emblem's....