Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
9 out of 10 posers will tell people it is a WS6 or SS
78% of statistics are made up on the spot

Old 12-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Technically, you are wrong. Slapping an engine into a car doesn't "make" what the car is. Every single production car built has its own identity, called the VIN#. The SS/WS6/Firehawk all have specific RPO codes that they are born with. I'm not sure why so many people are clueless about how this works. You can't build your own authentic car, that would make them a fake, and they will always be a fake.
So taking an LS1 from a SS and putting it into a Z/28 makes that engine no longer a SS?

So you're saying it's wrong to put a Z/28, RS, SS badge on a crate Camaro because it doesn't have vin numbers, because it's not "Authentic"? It's a clone. It doesn't matter what's on it.

And finally, what if someone (I'm sure someone has done this) took a wrecked SS Camaro and put a 3800 in it instead of a LS1... technically it would still be a SS due to the vin numbers on the car.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook
So taking an LS1 from a SS and putting it into a Z/28 makes that engine no longer a SS?

So you're saying it's wrong to put a Z/28, RS, SS badge on a crate Camaro because it doesn't have vin numbers, because it's not "Authentic"? It's a clone. It doesn't matter what's on it.

And finally, what if someone (I'm sure someone has done this) took a wrecked SS Camaro and put a 3800 in it instead of a LS1... technically it would still be a SS due to the vin numbers on the car.
The engine was never an ls1 SS... it's always the same ls1 engine.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:13 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPimpinCook

I can tell you are a newbie to this, so I'll be gentle.

Z28 and SS have identical engines. Same engine is also in the Trans Am, the Formula, all WS6 cars, Firehawks etc... They are all the same exact engine for their year.

Engines do not define the identity of a vehicle. The VIN# does. If engines defined what a vehicle are, then I could slap a LS7 427 into my Formula and call it a Z06.

Cars have their own identity, they are born with it in their VIN#. Their identity does not change based on modifications done to them afterwards. That would be like you bleaching your hair blonde and calling yourself Jessica Simpson because she has blonde hair. Did your identity change due to the modification? Nope.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Staging Lane

I can tell you are a newbie to this, so I'll be gentle.

Z28 and SS have identical engines. Same engine is also in the Trans Am, the Formula, all WS6 cars, Firehawks etc... They are all the same exact engine for their year.

Engines do not define the identity of a vehicle. The VIN# does. If engines defined what a vehicle are, then I could slap a LS7 427 into my Formula and call it a Z06.

Cars have their own identity, they are born with it in their VIN#. Their identity does not change based on modifications done to them afterwards. That would be like you bleaching your hair blonde and calling yourself Jessica Simpson because she has blonde hair. Did your identity change due to the modification? Nope.
Notice how I never said the Camaro or Firebird had different engines. They have the same v6s and the same v8s. I'm not an idiot. A SS is a z/28 (WS6 blah blah blah), just different options.

You couldn't call it a z06 because the Camaro never had a z06 model. That would just be retarded.

So, lets say a Camaro comes out of the factory as a z/28 and is then taken to lingenfelter and has work done on it. According to the VIN numbers, it wouldn't be a lingenfelter Camaro.

The VIN# means crap if the car isn't even the same car to begin with. It doesn't have the same engine in it, it's not the same car.

The problem with me bleaching my hair blonde, I have nothing to do with Jessica Alba. If I was just like her and had black hair, then changed it to blonde, maybe you could say that.

-Edit-

Ok, I looked at my above post and I can see where you would get the idea that I thought the SS and z/28 had different engines. Poor communication on my part. But I still feel confident on the crate Camaro and SS to v6 arguement.

Last edited by BigPimpinCook; 12-12-2006 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:16 AM
11 Second Club

cloning cars I think is cool, as long as you got got the stuff to back up the emblem go for it. when i bought my WS6 someone had stolen the WS6 emblem off of it, but I knew the what the codes ment on the door so I knew it was real but I told the dealership it was just a ta someone put the ram air hood on anyway (at the time) thet wanted 23995.00 for but I payed 19500.00 for it (1000 of that was because I told them it was not a real one)

anyway I put one back on it.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLPHawk300
You guys are talking about people getting so pissed and fussy about putting badges on their non-factory optioned cars. Ha, you should have seen the fuss that arose when i took off all of my Firehawk badging. I swear it was like i murdered a religious icon. My reasoning behind my badge/sticker delete was because it no longer had anything that made it a Firehawk. It got a brand new 4 bolt main 383 stroker with AFR heads and custom single plane intake along with an F1 Pro Charger. It got all new suspension and a 12 bolt rear, new wheels...nothing about it made it a Firehawk, so i removed the stickers...oh well, to each is own, right?
Do you still have the hood or embroided seats and floor mats?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 600 Likes on 474 Posts

When I bought my car it had a Suncoast hood and WS6 emblem out back. I haven't taken the emblem off because I am very adamant about calling it a clone. Anytime anyone asks, I call it a Formula or a WS6 Clone. I see no problem with it as long as you don't lie about it.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Cloning is usually only "cool" when expensive/rare classic cars are cloned. That is because the originals are mega-expensive or a tiny amount were built. LS1 f-bodies are cheap and easy to find, so clones of them are just kinda pointless. I think "fake" would be a better description for 4th gen f-bodies.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are any of your cars clones?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Cloning is usually only "cool" when expensive/rare classic cars are cloned. That is because the originals are mega-expensive or a tiny amount were built. LS1 f-bodies are cheap and easy to find, so clones of them are just kinda pointless. I think "fake" would be a better description for 4th gen f-bodies.

That's what I was looking for.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

my opinion on putting a WS6 or SS badge on an fbody shouldn't go on there if it's not the factory WS6 or SS. as for the WS7 or WS9 badge, that's ok I guess. but still a little ricey or cheesey. sure, you can build a clone of a WS6, but my storyline is...

don't be someone you're not.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Dont know if you guys would apply this to LT1 SS or WS6 cars but i for one have the badge on the car. I bought the car with it already on there, so why should i take it off, and i never refer to my car as a Ram Air. IMO its worse on camaros because they put like 3 badges as supposed to the T/A that just has 1. The camaro badges whether it be Z28 or SS tend to advertise the car more than the WS6 because you only see the WS6 badge on the rear of the car. WS7 or WS9 badges look weird to me, maybe cuz i've never seen em but that's just me.

Also, just for arguements sake why not also ask whether it's o.k for camaros/trans am's to use corvette wheels if they were never equipped with them? I know a lot of us f-body guys have corvette wheels on our cars, i had a set too.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

also i agree that LS1 SS or WS6 are a dime a dozen now adays, but in the past 3-4 years i have seen little to no WS6 or SS LT1 cars. guess everybody jumped on the LS1 band wagon, which i might do as well but im looking to buy a C5.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by street demon2k3
I bought the car with it already on there, so why should i take it off
Lame excuse. Are you saying if you had bought your car with a huge vinyl daisy sticker on the back window, with "Stacy's Toy" written under it in neon pink letters, you would have left it on since it was there when you bought the car?

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
Are any of your cars clones?
Previous cars:
1998 Formula blue - added factory WS6 hood - no emblems
2000 Trans Am red - added VFN WS6 hood, WS6 wheels, but no emblems
1998 Formula silver - added factory WS6 hood - no emblems

The current Firehawk and WS6 are real though. I'd never put emblems on a car that didn't belong on there.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Lame excuse. Are you saying if you had bought your car with a huge vinyl daisy sticker on the back window, with "Stacy's Toy" written under it in neon pink letters, you would have left it on since it was there when you bought the car?

Previous cars:
1998 Formula blue - added factory WS6 hood - no emblems
2000 Trans Am red - added VFN WS6 hood, WS6 wheels, but no emblems
1998 Formula silver - added factory WS6 hood - no emblems

The current Firehawk and WS6 are real though. I'd never put emblems on a car that didn't belong on there.
well first off im not try to flame you 9Ball, but you honestly think someone would buy or even look at buying an F-body with huge vinyl daisy sticker on the back window, with "Stacy's Toy" written under it in neon pink letters... ?<-----LOL!!! But taking that into consideration there's a guy at the university that drives a hot pink V6 camaro with the fuzzy dice, zebra pattern seat covers, euro tails and a loud *** flowmaster IMO.............. that=

now, why ***** WS6 wheels on a non-WS6 car, and then bias against a placing a badge on the car?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes i agree that putting badges on a car that doesn't exactly follow suit is baaaad news if you ask me....i dont even like the guys that put the corvette valve covers on t/a's and camaros....but thats just me....
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

IMHO the ONLY reason to put fake badges on a car is to make people think that your car is something that it is not. It's like someone who plays Junior Varsity sports wearing a Varsity Sports letter jacket. They may even be better then the Varsity players, but they are still a Junior Varsity player.

I have heard a lot of "ricers" say that they ONLY reason they put badges on their cars is to make people think they are faster or a better model then what they really are.

I have even seen a convertible vette sold as a Z06 because it had Z06 badges and wheels on it. The only difference between it and the base model where the badges and wheels.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whoever bought that vette was a ******* retard.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

I hate posers

Quick Reply: People that put the "ws6" emblem's....