Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

NXT VS Zaino?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NXT VS Zaino?

So far all the experience I have had with car care products are, mothers, meguiars and turtle wax. Now I've figured out that out of those three I like Meguiars NXT products, but lately I've been scoping out some of Zaino's products and wondering what is so special about them. Just wondering if some of you guys can clear it up for me. If you have another suggestion for products feel free to post up. I bet there have been a lot of threads like this before, for that I'm sorry. Thanks guys in advance.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Zaino is a sealant more than anything. Its probably one of most durable products out there...on the same hand, sealants usually last longer than your typical wax. It also gives a better shine IMO. Wax needs to be reapplied more often.

Wolfgang, Tropi-Care, etc are good sealants.

Not too familiar with waxes but Ive heard good things about Pinnacle and Megs #26.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

There are tons of great products out there.

NXT has a nice initial appearance, but it has extremely poor durability.

Zaino Z5 Pro and Z2 Pro (the sealants) have nice appearance and lasts for several months.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

I have only used Meguiars so I cannot comment on Zaino. NXT is a great wax and its durability is just fine from my experience. It all comes down to personal choice and what works best for you. I stick with Meguiars due to the fact I can buy most of their product in store vs ordering online. I do clay bar and prep my paint as needed before applying any wax.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZaneO
There are tons of great products out there.

NXT has a nice initial appearance, but it has extremely poor durability.

Zaino Z5 Pro and Z2 Pro (the sealants) have nice appearance and lasts for several months.
+1

You will get a nice shine from NXT but the durability is poor. I dont care how you slice it, it is poor Zaino still rules as far as Im concerned. One coat will last you months of rain and car washes. Aside from being a VISA rep, Im an auto detailer and Ive tried it all...Zaino still has my jaw droppin to the floor
Old 12-15-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

I started with Zaino on my car. I used Zaino for 2 years. I recently switched to Meguiars NXT and I think it puts a nicer shine on my car than Zaino. Maybe it's the light color? Anyways, it is not a daily driver and I enjoy waxing it anyways.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

NXT has good durability for a synthetic wax, but for durability, it is not in the same league as some of the sealants, of which Zaino is the class of the field, imo.

almost all sealants will give you more durability than a carnuba wax.

The most durable stuff Meg's currently has is #21, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by casey02ws6
I started with Zaino on my car. I used Zaino for 2 years. I recently switched to Meguiars NXT and I think it puts a nicer shine on my car than Zaino. Maybe it's the light color? Anyways, it is not a daily driver and I enjoy waxing it anyways.
Casey .. if you have a chance, give #20 a try on your car .. it was my favorite Meg's product on my silver TA a coat of #20 topped with a coat of #26 will give you a lot of depth and make the metallics jump out .. My absolute favorite on my silver TA was Collinite Insulator Wax #845
Old 12-15-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about Menzerna products? I've heard positive things about their stuff and was about to order some. Anyone?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
What about Menzerna products? I've heard positive things about their stuff and was about to order some. Anyone?
The polishes are fantastic.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

I used NXT and i didnt have to wash for like 2 weeks and the paint was still silky smooth..i washed it and its shiny and beautiful but the silky smooth finish is gone

If i use zaino will i keep that silky smooth touch?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's what I wanted to hear.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NXT looks great but when it comes to its durability we're talking a matter of days. I clay about every 6 weeks and apply NXT weekly. From my experience there's a huge difference in appearance from day 1 to 7. I want something more durable but Zaino's kinda pricey?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Teching In

Here's my Zaino experience. When I got my 35LE, I heard about Zaino so I ordered it, despite the price. My wife told me I was an idiot. When it came in I did the Camaro and was amazed at the difference on a new car. Then I did my wife's two year old Silverado and once again was amazed. By then I was getting a little low. While I was at work, my wife decided to go online and order it. She ordered more than I did. She ordered almost $150.00 of their stuff. IMHO, when a wife likes it that well, it is a fantastic product.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Agree 100%, but their sealants leave something to be desired. Don't get me wrong, Menzerna FMJ and the companion spray are excellent products, but they are a little more difficult to work with, in my experience. FMJ gives a good shine, but I've seen better, and the detailing spray tends to get splotchy in a hurry, but that may be because the summers in Houston are in the mid to high 90's, which sucks for pretty much any spray product (not to mention what it does to the person doing the detail...)

If someone asked me to pick my three favorite sealants (of those I've actually used), they would be (in order):
1) Zaino
2) Blackfire
3) Menzerna FMJ

For waxes:
1) Mother's California Gold
2) Meguiar's #26

-Mike
Old 12-16-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=Gipraw

Casey .. if you have a chance, give #20 a try on your car .. it was my favorite Meg's product on my silver TA a coat of #20 topped with a coat of #26 will give you a lot of depth and make the metallics jump out .. My absolute favorite on my silver TA was Collinite Insulator Wax #845[/QUOTE]

Will do - thanks for the advice!
Old 12-16-2006, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

how do you know what number to use
Old 12-16-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
how do you know what number to use
I assume you are talking about the Meg's stuff. you can get a lot of info from their online forums, and their website has great info about every product. at megiaursonline.com, do a search on Meguiars Product Acronyms

it will provide you with a htread that has a link to every product they mke, by number, and it is an easy way to aquaint yourself ..

some of it is trial and error, and even more of it is personal preference, but it is that way with any product line.

There are a lot of people whose opinions I value, so if they recommend something, I am likely to give it a shot .. but what I like with my own eyes, is always the deciding factor ..
Old 12-16-2006, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I done a comparison between NXT and Zaino back in the summer. I no longer have the pictures of it but I'll tell you my experiences.
After using a claybar, I put 2 coats each of NXT on one half of the hood and Zaino Z2 pro on the other half. Afterwards I noticed NO difference whatsoever between the two.
However, after 6 weeks the NXT was no longer sheeting water off. But the Zaino was still doing it's job. At that point the Zaino had a noticeably better shine to it.
The car was not garaged during this period, and was washed once or twice each week.
After seeing the difference, there's only ZAINO for me.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
I used NXT and i didnt have to wash for like 2 weeks and the paint was still silky smooth..i washed it and its shiny and beautiful but the silky smooth finish is gone

If i use zaino will i keep that silky smooth touch?
yes, only now you'll be able to go 2 months between washes instead of 2 weeks and still keep that silky smooth finish
Old 12-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

I really appreciate this guys, it's loads of help! I just don't understand the difference between a sealant and a wax? Other than the fact that the sealant lasts longer. What do they do differently?

Quick Reply: NXT VS Zaino?