Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
View Poll Results: Macewen overlays?
Yes, I'd buy them...
87.80%
Hell NO! Rather not buy them. (or got em, but never again)
12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

own Macewen overlays? Yay:Nay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine dont match perfect, the 4 bottom gauges are totally off on my '98.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

and these problems are all based upon the buyer's accurate order information, correct? (ie:ACCURATE year and info?)
Because i am still waiting, but these horror stories are weighing out over success stories...and it is making me nervous.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love mine. looks sooo much better then the stock lt1 cluster!!

Old 12-23-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcmillion
Mine dont match perfect, the 4 bottom gauges are totally off on my '98.
Meaning the lines on the overlays did not match up to the lines on the gauges? You need to go into more detail.

If you want to get MacEwen's, go through WS6store.com. Not only will you save money, you will also avoid having to deal with MacEwen's "slow" service. This may have been due to their recent move to Tennessee. Nonetheless, when I ordered the gauges for my 1998, which WS6store.com did not stock due to low order demand vs. 2000-2002, they were special ordered and shipped from MacEwen. I received my gauges in three days.
I first ordered a set of silver gauges about a year and a half ago, but returned them. Six months ago, I ordered a set a white gauges. There was a major difference in quality. These gauges were of much better quality and a heavier material than the first set of gauges I ordered. I'm not completely certain if there was a change made to all gauges, but regardless, I am a very satisfied with the fit and quality.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Teching In

I can say that the guy with the "application kit" on ebay, absolutely, does not know F-bodys. Every variation of clusters has been researched and R&D'ed. We even have an alternate fuel overlay for late 1997-1998 Camaro models. Yes, there were two different fuel ranges in production. We include this extra overlay for our late 1997-1998 Camaro customers.

If you look closer at other companies claims of "fitment", and even closer at some installers claims of "accuracy," if you observe an extra cost, it is due to the time spent making sure our product works, and the quality of materials. No calibration or fitment issues, period.

Late (with digital odometers) 1997-98 models are different in about 20 ways than 1999-2002 dials. Warning/high beam in tach for starters.

Will it physicall fit? sure. Is it correct? Well, I would NOT have added yet one more part (2 more counting +1997-1998 silver) to my offerings/list of part numbers if it worked.

If you have ANY questions, shoot me an email. rmacewen1@yahoo.com

-Ryan

-Ryan

Last edited by MacEwen; 01-12-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Teching In

had mine for about a year now...no complaints...absolutely love them. got them quick too. no problems with cust. service or anything.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

ive had mine for 2 1/2 years now, haven't had a problem with them at all.

and on top of that they are the best looking white faced overlays on the market, and look AWESOME at night.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by multiplicityZ
and look AWESOME at night.
LOL i've never understood this. They use stock lighting so they look just like stock when lit except for that they blur the light some, which i guess is what you think looks "AWESOME".

Last edited by Z95m6; 01-13-2007 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Teching In

I guess you just have a NEED to flame. There is no blurring.

If a camera moves when aperature is open, things will blur. Perhaps that could be understood.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacEwen
I guess you just have a NEED to flame. There is no blurring.

If a camera moves when aperature is open, things will blur. Perhaps that could be understood.
I don't have a need to flame. I just feel i have an obligation to tell people of the down falls of your product and your extremely terrible service. I've owned the overlays and seen others. I've dealt with you twice and had some of the worst experience i've ever had in buying parts on the internet. It has nothing to do with a blurry Camera it has to do with my eyes. Maybe my eyes just went to **** in the 30mins it took to install the overlays.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Teching In

I am very sorry you had a poor experience and my product.

I would be happy to have refunded your purchase if you simply returned them.

Attacking my products and me on every F-body (ls1.com, ls1tech.com, camaroZ28.com) forum where I have roots, isn't exactly fair.

I deal with everyone honestly and squarely. I have been difficult to get a hold of at times, and that has caused headaches for customers, resellers, and myself. However, there are fantastic online resellers, like ws6store.com, who keep my product stocked, and provide great service, when I cannot.

The greatest feature of my design, IMO, is the ability to uninstall them and go back to stock, if that is most desirable at time of resale.

I spent some time as an installer, in college. I always thought there was a better way. In my opinion, and in the eyes of 2200 customers, I have found it. I used to make replacement faces. But found a better way. I just couldnt stomache seeing F-body guys ripping apart the cluster of their future classic. I love these cars. I am very happy with the solutions I offer. That is why I put my name on them.

-Ryan
Old 01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ryan, you have an e-mail...
Old 01-15-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacEwen
I am very sorry you had a poor experience and my product.

I would be happy to have refunded your purchase if you simply returned them.
-Ryan
Well considering i've had basically 3 orders placed with you and it took over a month to get the two orders i've actually received. The 3rd i never heard anything from you on and i never got charged for it. I also could never even get a hold of you by phone or email to cancel my order. It took me so long to get my first two orders and it was such a hassle i couldn't even imagine what a refund would be like. I feel like most people on here and other boards deserve to know what they're getting into when dealing with you.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z95m6
LOL i've never understood this. They use stock lighting so they look just like stock when lit except for that they blur the light some, which i guess is what you think looks "AWESOME".
that may be true, that it is just blurred a little, and it seems to me that behind the needles a sort of ambient light emits. who knows, maybe i am just an "idiot" for liking the way something looks. they just look much cleaner than any other white faced gauges ive seen so far, but thats my opinion.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by multiplicityZ
that may be true, that it is just blurred a little, and it seems to me that behind the needles a sort of ambient light emits. who knows, maybe i am just an "idiot" for liking the way something looks. they just look much cleaner than any other white faced gauges ive seen so far, but thats my opinion.
I'm not saying your an idiot but on my car i couldn't even see the gauge face when its dark and the lights are on. So when people say they look awesome at night they look just like stock so i don't get where people are coming from.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

alright guys ill say it................

nice apoligy, your product (quality) is what keeps us coming, a month of waiting and calling you with no response, just face it your service su..........hopfully you got your act together...
Old 01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
SCRWS6

I love mine!!!!! Got em on both my cars, They look awesome and lined up very well, just have to have patience, especially grateful not to have had to remove the needles, so a little extra time making em line up is not a big deal.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by z28drag
alright guys ill say it................

nice apoligy, your product (quality) is what keeps us coming, a month of waiting and calling you with no response, just face it your service su..........hopfully you got your act together...
He's already done the apology thing before and said things had changed. Thats why i tried my 3rd and final order that i never heard anything on.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

good luck with the order, i will never order anything from him again.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by MyWs62FaST4u
First, read this thread-you'll learn about the Mac's from that point of view...and maybe give some input of your own! I ordered them, but from the
reviews and comments I believe i am in trouble!!!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...45#post6066345

No prob here either.......
I dunno.

Quick Reply: own Macewen overlays? Yay:Nay?