TECH Veteran

Received 353 Likes on 266 Posts

^ didnt even notice that hahaha
Old 12-21-2015, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by StrobinSS
Almost 9 year old thread revival nice lol
It still comes up on a search, so it's valuable IMO.

Here's why I like Rock Auto (RA):
I have built a number of cars that had non-stock (or even non-car maker brand) parts on them. Example: 1994 BMW 525 Wagon with a 2005 Chevy L33 V8. It used the hydroboost braking system from a Mustang, and a cooling fan from a Lincoln (among other stuff). I can't walk into the local Advance/Auto Zone etc. and buy parts, since they insist on knowing the year/make/model.

At RA, I can look up part numbers and then see if they have them. There is a tab on their website that lets you search by part number or brand and part number, e.g. Walker muffler #12345.

As others have noted, their prices are great, but the shipping can really add up if you end up getting parts from more than one location. They show in your cart if the parts come from more than one place. My recent exhaust system purchase was done locally since Advance offered a 20% off coupon, free shipping, and I get 7% cashback to offset the taxes. They gave me a $10 coupon via "Speed Perks" that made the cost a few dollars less than RA. On large purchases (over $50) I use a spreadsheet to compare prices shipped & with tax. IMO, that's the free market at work- they kept losing sales to online places like RA and had to lower their prices.

Unlike others, I have had a couple of problems over the years. Each time it was resolved satisfactorily, such as a lift support that was listed incorrectly. They took the time to revise the listing.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Yes to rockauto if they have the part available and don't need it ASAP.

Quick Reply: anyone order from rockauto?