Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

GFX Haters You're Going to Love This

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006 | 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
But yeah, I "got it". Thanks for enlightening me!
Great. Now "lose" that ugly hood. (now you get it)
Old 12-22-2006 | 11:56 AM
12 Second Club

GFX pretty much suck, I have never seen a GFX kit for F-Bods that actually flowed with the lines of the car. They simply look like there is a extra body panel attached to the bumper and whatnot. That is the 1st reason they suck. 2nd reason is this, I have a SS, which is droped with a pro kit, my front bumper (the underside) is constantly taking a beating due to how low it is. I dont care who you are you cant sit here and tell me that your lowered F-Bod with a GFX kit does not scrape all day every day, which is annoying as hell and 100% not worth the trouble even if it did look good, but in this case it doesnt so why bother! Camaros and TA's look plent good from the factory, if you wanna upgrade do rims, exhaust tips, drop, badges, grills, hoods, spoilers, tint, lighting, but for god sakes do not attach some gay *** looking bady panel to your already low enough bumpers and act like it is cool, cause it aint. And dont go crying about how people make fun of it, because in this case you are in the wrong and should remove your gay *** body kit immediatly. Thank You.
Old 12-22-2006 | 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stuart S
The only gfx I dislike ALOT are the stockers (Sport Appearance Pkge), with the bucktooth opening where there's nothing in the middle up front... just looks unfinished. Yours isn't that
Could not agree more. Took the words outta my mouth.
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
GFX pretty much suck, I have never seen a GFX kit for F-Bods that actually flowed with the lines of the car. They simply look like there is a extra body panel attached to the bumper and whatnot. That is the 1st reason they suck. 2nd reason is this, I have a SS, which is droped with a pro kit, my front bumper (the underside) is constantly taking a beating due to how low it is. I dont care who you are you cant sit here and tell me that your lowered F-Bod with a GFX kit does not scrape all day every day, which is annoying as hell and 100% not worth the trouble even if it did look good, but in this case it doesnt so why bother! Camaros and TA's look plent good from the factory, if you wanna upgrade do rims, exhaust tips, drop, badges, grills, hoods, spoilers, tint, lighting, but for god sakes do not attach some gay *** looking bady panel to your already low enough bumpers and act like it is cool, cause it aint. And dont go crying about how people make fun of it, because in this case you are in the wrong and should remove your gay *** body kit immediatly. Thank You.
Wow - very well written - you are clearly a very bright young man with a lot of insightful thoughts on this topic. Unfortunately, you'll need to focus a little better before you blurt out whatver is on your mind. This thread is not about why you should or shouldn't like gfx. (And it certainly isn't about whether or not they scrape the ground!)

Again, everyone has a right to like them or not like them, I have no problem with it people disliking gfx. I'm not here to convince anyone they should like them. Just stop clogging up every appearance thread with your suggestions to remove the gfx.
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Man thanks for posting that I agree 100%. I love when someone asks how "insert new mod here" looks and 10 people reply to what they thing about the car as a whole. 99% of people with gfx aren't asking to keep them on or not, so just forget about even replying with a comment like that!
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
Stop crying. People ask for other people's opinions to see what everyone else thinks, they can respond with: "looks good" or "that looks like total ****". It's your car do what you like and don't get all butt hurt when people disagree with you on what looks good/bad. IMO GFX look like ****, the only piece that I do like is the CME for Camaros, anything else
I've been on this board for a while and I've only ever seen maybe 2 topics total asking to keep or ditch the effects. I'm pretty sure that's the whole point of this thread. Users chip in their 2 cents on things that people aren't asking about, which is leading to unnecessary "butt-hurting". Get it?
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:19 PM
Launching!

Ya,theres alot of people that feel the need to bash others.

But frankly I dont give a **** if someone does or doesn't like my car.

And the scraping thing....the ONLY thing I've ever scraped is the extended air dam under the car,if your dumb enough to pull up to a big *** parking block and smash the fron then thats your own stupidity.

Theres alot of people on the net that talk,and wouldnt talk to you like that face to face,you know you can be "Mr. hardass" pretty easy behind a screen,so you gotta learn not to take offense to alot of idiots that do post...not just here,on the net in general.
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

1) Mako, I've always liked your car. I'm not a big fan of GFX, but you've really followed through nicely with your car.
2) LOWER IT (it wouldn't be an appearance and detailing thread without at least one of these)
3) Contrary to what some people believe, posting pictures to show off your ride, show off the detail job you just did, show off the new thingamobob you just installed are NOT necessarily an open invitation for what you would have done differently. Like I've said before, if I make an "I just spent 8 hours detailing every millimeter of my car and want to show it off" type post, I'd really rather not have the first post be "Yo, u shold get sum tint cuz that wud be 2 kewl! "
4) Opinions are like ********. Everyone has one, and they all stink.

-Mike
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

So, wait, this entire thread is because someone is crying about people telling them to take off their gfx? hahaha, holy ****. "Please don't tell me to take off my gfx, I like them and you are hurting my feelings..." hahaha, this is better than the guy that asked everybody to quit being smartasses.

Dude, people are goin to say what they want. Get over it, quit whining.
What a waste...
Old 12-22-2006 | 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

whats everyone arguing about? Ground Effects are Mad Tyte
Old 12-22-2006 | 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

i say stop crying and whimpering like a little bitch... some people dont like my hood and some people do.. I dont care...?
Old 12-22-2006 | 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

guy w/ gfx>>> <<<<<Guy w/o gfx
why fight, we both have fbodies!
Old 12-22-2006 | 04:50 PM
TECH Resident

Old 12-22-2006 | 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Well when people say "what do you guys think?" I tell them what I think, but yeah I guess I'll stop with the whole "lose the gfx" because most guys with them on their cars know that most f-body guys don't like em.

Quick Reply: GFX Haters You're Going to Love This