Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

lt1 exterior lighting opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lt1 exterior lighting opinions needed

Two things I am working on:

Headlights: I don't want to pay a ton of money for HID setups but I wouldn't mind getting a halogen that gives off a bright white tint. Can anyone recomend a good headlamp? 1.) I know you have to buy the whole unit and I have seen sylvania ones and thats about it. 2.) The other option is getting the crystal clear housings off of ebay where u can plug just bulbs in the back of them... so that might give more leway with bulb selection? anyone try either of these?

Corner lights: I just installed clear corner/turn signals. I don't want to put the amber colored bulbs in because I feel they look like a scambled egg inside of the clear light. I have a couple other options. 1.) get the led switchback lights where they switch from white led running lights to amber when the signal goes off. They are 25 a piece plus another 10 a piece for the second bulbs in the housing. so I am looking at least 75 bucks. 2.) second option is getting these amber lights that are tinted silver/gray so u cant tell they are amber and when they light up they light up amber. I found them on a website called xenonmods. they are 12 a SET and 9 a SET for the other lights in the housing, so I am looking at 22 bucks if i go that route.

Any help of opinions would be great!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone do any exterior lighting???
Old 01-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best bet would to be search e-bay for a H4666 or H4656 housing with a replaceable bulb. Then you could just go up to AutoZone and buy some Silverstars for the headlights. Foglights you could basically just buy any aftermarket housing and the light output would be better than stock. I've got HIDs in my fogs and love them and working on a HID setup for the headlights
Old 01-29-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah I was thinkin it prob would be better to get the housings and then buy bulbs... I was wondering what is a good bulb that will fit my car and also give the brightest and whitest look? anyone replace there headlights with bulbs besides hid's?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

ttt one last time!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hella free-forms with h4 lamps from rallylights.com . I still think the LEDs are worth it for the exterior but thats just me.

-brian
Old 01-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

I actually just received a set of Sealed Beam Conversion Kit for my TA that are plug and play, only $88 shipped and they are bad ***, really bright but the bulbs are Xenon bulbs that look blue at nightpm me if you want the link to check them out
Old 01-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

OneFastBird95, where did you get your clear corners? DirtyBird222, where did you get your HID fogs? Its time to upgrade the birds lighting.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

i got my hid fogs from blinglights but don't order from them, just talk to LS1_SS as he is a sponsor on here and has kits that'll fit into the stock housings.

Quick Reply: lt1 exterior lighting opinions needed