Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

PICS!!! Aluminum Dash!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Really?? The one I ordered has the coat and also the edges are cut at an angle so they sit flush on the surface. It does not feel cheap, IMO. Post pics of yours or send me a PM!
Old 02-05-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good
Old 02-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Launching!

I like it!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks man!
Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Looks good.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chaman
Really?? The one I ordered has the coat and also the edges are cut at an angle so they sit flush on the surface. It does not feel cheap, IMO. Post pics of yours or send me a PM!

theyre on my cardomain, I like the way it looks but to me ocne your up close on it just kinda looks tacky being a stick on piece. fbodymotorsports has actual pieces for the bezel and consol thata re aluminum and carbon fiber i was considering getting
Old 02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Regular

Here's my *opinion*:

The kit isn't too bad, and it definitely adds a nice touch to the interior.
Brushed Aluminum is very classy and a fantastic finish for interiors.

Here's a couple of notes though:

The overlay pieces don't flow as well with the interior. The pieces end arbitrarly and don't have clean transition points.

The really nice brushed aluminum finish is too much contrast for the crappy "plastic" interior on our cars. The finish makes the rest stand out as extremely cheap. The radio ***** etc look horrible against the brushed finish.
This is a big problem with our interiors. The design of the interiors are really nice, but the materials leave a little to be desired.

I'm not saying it doesn't look good, these are just some observations about what I believe works and doesn't work with our particular cars.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tainted
theyre on my cardomain, I like the way it looks but to me ocne your up close on it just kinda looks tacky being a stick on piece. fbodymotorsports has actual pieces for the bezel and consol thata re aluminum and carbon fiber i was considering getting
Be very careful with fbodymotorsports....in fact do no even think about doing business with those guys. Do a search and you will know what Im talking about.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mrws6speed
Here's my *opinion*:

The kit isn't too bad, and it definitely adds a nice touch to the interior.
Brushed Aluminum is very classy and a fantastic finish for interiors.

Here's a couple of notes though:

The overlay pieces don't flow as well with the interior. The pieces end arbitrarly and don't have clean transition points.

The really nice brushed aluminum finish is too much contrast for the crappy "plastic" interior on our cars. The finish makes the rest stand out as extremely cheap. The radio ***** etc look horrible against the brushed finish.
This is a big problem with our interiors. The design of the interiors are really nice, but the materials leave a little to be desired.

I'm not saying it doesn't look good, these are just some observations about what I believe works and doesn't work with our particular cars.

I agree with you in some of your observations. The way the interior is designed leaves makes it difficult for any improvement. The kit I installed has the angled edge I mentioned earlier to effectively create some transition, creating the illusion of been like molded in. I already ordered leather A4 shift boot, e-brake boot and armrest cover to improve other areas of the truly crappy interior (black/charcoal with silver stitching).

What I like about the brushed aluminum is that kills most of the monochromatic boring look without falling into the common mistake of badly painting the plastic pieces with colors that make your retinas bleed. It makes the interior look better and keeps it all simple and easy to look at. Also it blends very well with the sliver body color.

Thanks for your input man!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chaman
I agree with you in some of your observations. The way the interior is designed leaves makes it difficult for any improvement. The kit I installed has the angled edge I mentioned earlier to effectively create some transition, creating the illusion of been like molded in. I already ordered leather A4 shift boot, e-brake boot and armrest cover to improve other areas of the truly crappy interior (black/charcoal with silver stitching).

What I like about the brushed aluminum is that kills most of the monochromatic boring look without falling into the common mistake of badly painting the plastic pieces with colors that make your retinas bleed. It makes the interior look better and keeps it all simple and easy to look at. Also it blends very well with the sliver body color.

Thanks for your input man!
You're welcome. I always try to give constructive criticism and explain WHY I make the observations I do.

I have become very disheartened with the close minds here on the board and people that feel insulting rather than criticising is appropriate.

It sounds like you are on track to tie the interior together. I agree with your opinion on painting piecies with some strong colors.

Good luck and keep posting pictures on how it turns out!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol I know allllll about fbodymotorsports i can be at there door in 3 hours if i wanted to. i like looking at their stuff sometimes but its all overpriced
Old 02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Looks good!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks dude!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Definetly looks good. It matches your exterior. Great job. I would only do that on a black/silver car. I guess im so **** my interior has to match my exterior
Old 02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Restricted User

I like it nice touch!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Talking about ****....I invented the concept!!!haha. I know what you mean...

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hot

does it get hotter than the standard interior parts in the summer heat? looks like it would cook ya.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Veteran

I have not noticed a significant increase heat with it. The shifter does get very hot at direct sunlight and can leave a little firechicken like burn in your palm!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 04:45 AM
On The Tree

Sweet Chaman. I just came across the thread tonight. I'm considering using something similar in my Pwerter TA. Nice job!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

In pewter should look very good also.

Good luck!!!!

Quick Reply: PICS!!! Aluminum Dash!