Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Corsa Is On

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blown00ls1
very sweet tips but that price my friends is absolutely ridiculous
That's why most get the clones. Close in appearance but only $110 shipped compared to $350 + shipping.

Are the real Corsas $250 better than the clones?

Clones...

Real Corsa...
Old 02-23-2007, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The clones have a left and right 4 sure also . Plus the clones look to be better polished.
Old 02-23-2007, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

I didn't think they would sound different, Sam. I was just wondering.
What ***** me is I have the Catback with 4" pro series tips and there is no Corsa letters on them. Anybody know if other tips that come with the Corsa catback have them?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderdan74
Anybody know if other tips that come with the Corsa catback have them?
I've got the premium on mine - no Corsa emblem.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

clones here and love 'em but yours sure look nice too.....but itd be better if there was a left and right.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the clones, but I wanna buy the real CORSA's...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

where can I get a set of clones from?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:26 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

the premium tips dont have the emblem and look the BEST. my old NBM T/A had them.

Last edited by lm7; 03-15-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Teching In

tips are nice, but I also like the sound of the whole catback as well
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

I like the clones, have them on mine. The Corsa is about bottom of the list on sounds 2 me. Sorry
Old 03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Teching In

I wonder where you can get the clones? Are they stainless? Are they stamped "Corsa"?

I found the ones on Ebay that are for supposedly real Corsa's for Trailblazers, part #14035. The pictures don't seem to be a right and left. I'm also trying to find out if the cheap ebay price is per each side or for a pair of twins that will be for both sides of the car.

Whoever has purchased these things should have all the knowledge.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got the whole catback system w/Premium tips. There is no better looking tip, imho. The Premiums have an obvious stagger which perfectly matches the curve of the rear bumper, and there's no logo. Sweet.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DroppedM6Z
I like the clones, have them on mine. The Corsa is about bottom of the list on sounds 2 me. Sorry
Not for all tastes but I love the sound 0-

http://media.putfile.com/Idle---cammed-LS1
Old 03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Trust
They look good, but it looks like you have them on the wrong sides.

Welcome to the club too, but you should of got the whole system, the sound is as good as the looks
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Teching In

I think I may have the tips figured out.

The original Pro 3.5 Corsa tips that come on the Corsa LS1 exhaust systems are staggered and apparently have no Corsa stamp on them.
The knock-offs on ebay for $110 or so are similar design with staggered tips to help match the bumper curve.
The ones by Afterthoughts are Corsa's and are probably the #14035 non-staggered with the "Corsa" stamped on them. You can also buy these on ebay.
The ones in the pictures at the beginning of this thread on Sam23's car are not staggered and look like they may be backwards because the bumper is curving away from them and it looks like the outside part of the twin is longer.
You can obviously distinguish the staggered tips when looking at the pictures when off the car. If it's not obvious, the tips are not staggered. When looking at staggered tips on cars, they don't look staggered because they match the bumper profile.
What I don't understand is why some folks are saying they have the knock-offs but they want the real Corsa's. Why?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

You didn't read the whole thread, did you? You're right but where were you two weeks ago?
Corsa is not going to sell tips that are designed to fit only one car. Can you imagine how dumb staggered tips would look under the bumper of a truck?
Originally Posted by markyf
I think I may have the tips figured out.

The original Pro 3.5 Corsa tips that come on the Corsa LS1 exhaust systems are staggered and apparently have no Corsa stamp on them.
The knock-offs on ebay for $110 or so are similar design with staggered tips to help match the bumper curve.
The ones by Afterthoughts are Corsa's and are probably the #14035 non-staggered with the "Corsa" stamped on them. You can also buy these on ebay.
The ones in the pictures at the beginning of this thread on Sam23's car are not staggered and look like they may be backwards because the bumper is curving away from them and it looks like the outside part of the twin is longer.
You can obviously distinguish the staggered tips when looking at the pictures when off the car. If it's not obvious, the tips are not staggered. When looking at staggered tips on cars, they don't look staggered because they match the bumper profile.
What I don't understand is why some folks are saying they have the knock-offs but they want the real Corsa's. Why?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to get these tips for my bassani TDs.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Teching In

I was living under my car for the past few weeks studying every speck of oily dust as I installed poly motor mounts, Kook's headers, LS7 clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter, rebuilt tranny, etc. Now that I'm ready for exhaust work, I am researching all the mis-information on tips and stuff.
I read the whole thread a few times and I saw where some people may have finally agreed with you that the tips on Sam23's car were not actually staggered. It took awhile for anyone to believe you and some of them still probably don't. Well, I believe it and I'm just waiting for any other good info or to see if I'm wrong about something.
I can't believe that Corsa doesn't sell the good tips by themselves, but I called today and they gave me a flimsy excuse about not wanting the Corsa name on a tip unless the entire exhaust is Corsa. That surely doesn't make sense when the LS1 system tips apparently aren't stamped with "Corsa" and the non-staggered 14035 that they sell is stamped.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

I was living under my car for the past few weeks studying every speck of oily dust as I installed poly motor mounts, Kook's headers, LS7 clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Pro 5.0 shifter, rebuilt tranny, etc. Now that I'm ready for exhaust work, I am researching all the mis-information on tips and stuff.
I read the whole thread a few times and I saw where some people may have finally agreed with you that the tips on Sam23's car were not actually staggered. It took awhile for anyone to believe you and some of them still probably don't. Well, I believe it and I'm just waiting for any other good info or to see if I'm wrong about something.
I can't believe that Corsa doesn't sell the good tips by themselves, but I called today and they gave me a flimsy excuse about not wanting the Corsa name on a tip unless the entire exhaust is Corsa. That surely doesn't make sense when the LS1 system tips apparently aren't stamped with "Corsa" and the non-staggered 14035 that they sell is stamped.
My Pro-Series are stamped
I believe the Premium tips are not stamped which is kinda gay
Old 03-14-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wonder where you can get the clones? Are they stainless? Are they stamped "Corsa"?

I found the ones on Ebay that are for supposedly real Corsa's for Trailblazers, part #14035. The pictures don't seem to be a right and left. I'm also trying to find out if the cheap ebay price is per each side or for a pair of twins that will be for both sides of the car.

Whoever has purchased these things should have all the knowledge.
We have a mystery to solve!! It just so happens that a guy who has been posting in this thread also sells the corsa clones. He's not a sponsor so I'm not sure how much I can say but *hint hint* one person posted up pics of the clones *cough* PM *cough*

Quick Reply: Corsa Is On