Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car JUST got back from PAINT!! WS6 Hood and T/A spoiler!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, i'm in agreeance w/ other folks... the mix b/t a Formula & T/A (Formula front bumper/Trans Am spoiler) looks pretty good
Old 02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Looks very good! . Funny how some say "it started as a V6"...it still has the 3800 right? So it's still a V6...should say rather "it started as a Firebird" Tee hee..anyway it looks great. I remember you saying you wanted to swap out the front bumper too. I like the hood. I wish I had a WS6 hood but at this point it would cost too much to get it, then painted pewter and then flamed
Thanks! You can pick up a vfn ws6 hood just like mine for like 350.00 with the group purchase. I don't know what your price range is exactly but that is considerably cheaper than the OEM.

I originally wanted to swap the bumper. After I got the car back however, I realized it looked pretty sweet so I decided to keep it. I may one day, if i can find a good deal, switch it.

And, theres nothin wrong with rockin the 3800. I have awesome gas mileage now with killer looks you know how it is hehe
Old 02-25-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Resident

both of your cars are so nice. very clean and simple... classy.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flamin' bird
Looks very good! . Funny how some say "it started as a V6"...it still has the 3800 right? So it's still a V6...should say rather "it started as a Firebird" Tee hee..
Umm.... they all started out as firebirds. Saying "it started as a V6" is adding a little more clarification
Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by DANSBIRD
Umm.... they all started out as firebirds. Saying "it started as a V6" is adding a little more clarification
The reason she said it like that is beacuse nobody calls a formula or a trans am a "firebird" So she is correct in saying that. but you are also correct in adding more clarification. It's just that people with Firebirds get alot of guff if they do anything to their car because its " just a v6 " so most of us get a little defensive.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ahhhh I see..... I call mine a firebird as often as I call it a trans am... hence my screenname & my tag "DANSBRD"
Old 02-25-2007, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm impressed and along with everyone else with how good it looks. But really, how many people try to race you thinking its a v8? Haha just messin with ya you've got a great car.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Allergik2dyin
I'm impressed and along with everyone else with how good it looks. But really, how many people try to race you thinking its a v8? Haha just messin with ya you've got a great car.
LOL!!! actually not many. I had some guy in a white escalde try and race the other day on route 59 out here by me. He pulled up to the light and was reving his engine. So I look at him and hes giving me these goofy faces and askin if I wanna race. I told him no, but then changed my mind. I smoked him, BAD. The car is by no means slow, I have a full exhaust system as well as cold air. Generally I don't race though, Im by no means trying to let people think they just beat an ls1, thats what I have the SS for Thats my go fast car

EDIT** In case people are wondering I have Loudmouth I on it. And no, it does NOT sound like a ricer just cause its a v6.***
Old 02-25-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a great price on the hood! Didnt know they were that cheap but still not sure how much it would cost to do the flames and base coat. Hmmm...now you had to go and put more ideas in my head As far as the V6 goes thanks for understanding what I was saying. I certainly have nothing against V6's either because I used to own one before this and I understand and agree with you on V6 people getting flack with appearance things or for that matter it just being a V6. I got that alot with my bird....btw it had flames too.

At any rate it looks great
Old 02-25-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Veteran

My whole thing is that it's my DD, not a streetable racecar or anything. I just wanted to have a good lookin ride, since I'm in it every single day!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
My whole thing is that it's my DD, not a streetable racecar or anything. I just wanted to have a good lookin ride, since I'm in it every single day!
I would say you accomplished that my friend

And its always a plus that you started out with one of the sexiest colors for f-bods
Old 02-25-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tmc2k1
I would say you accomplished that my friend

And its always a plus that you started out with one of the sexiest colors for f-bods
NBM FTW!!!! the only other color i would have wanted was SOM
Old 02-25-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Yeah your eyes are playing tricks on you. Those are Zr1's. Though they may have been an option for SS's they originally came on ZR1 corvettes. I'm not quite sure what kind of answer you were looking to get out of me because the way you worded it was not very thoughtful. I think you were trying to make it seem like I have a bunch of miss matched parts on my car, which I do not appreciate. Everything about my car is thought out, and meant to look how it does. I'm not tryin' to be an *** but if you want to start trouble please don't comment here.
Not at all, quite the opposite. I have been keeping my eye out for chrome firehawk or ws6 wheels for my Z. Mix and matching is the way to go to get your own custom look. Actually after I posted I thought oh I forgot to post half of what I was gonna say. So yeah sorry about all that. your car looks great. The formula front bumper isn't the same as the v6 is it, you replaced it or is that stock? You got an auto or a 5speed in that thing?
Old 02-25-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
Not at all, quite the opposite. I have been keeping my eye out for chrome firehawk or ws6 wheels for my Z. Mix and matching is the way to go to get your own custom look. Actually after I posted I thought oh I forgot to post half of what I was gonna say. So yeah sorry about all that. your car looks great. The formula front bumper isn't the same as the v6 is it, you replaced it or is that stock? You got an auto or a 5speed in that thing?
No worries, I just didn't know what you meant. The bumper is the same on a Firebird and a Formula. Also, the trans is a auto. I picked up the wheels from another member ont he boards here for like 300 bucks, not a scratch on em