Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

People With Roll Cages

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People With Roll Cages

I am having my cage built by a guy that I know that does a lot of fab work. My question is how do yall paint them? Do you paint it all after its in the car or paint most of it out of the car then just touch it up?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Launching!

I had this question a few weeks ago. I heard of people spray painting them before welding it into the car and then just touching it up carefully. I'm going to be just using a paintbrush with some cheap truck bedliner from advance. Heard of some people just using the rustoleum/krylon brush on paint with decent results. I like that over spray paint because it just seems less messy and i'm really horrible at masking things off...
Old 03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

spray 3m rubberized undercoating on the bar.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine powdercoated and then installed. Little bit of touch paint near the welds on the floor, but the carpet covered most of it anyways.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Launching!

I painted mine in pieces and then touched up around the welds. I had all the interior out when I welded it in so there wasn't much to worry about getting paint on in the car. If you do have interior pieces in the car you can usually get card board inbetween so that you can hit it with a rattle can without too much trouble.
You may want to steer clear of powdercoating it. I believe the NHRA rules state that it has to be paint. If you don't plan on having it certified then go for it.

Quick Reply: People With Roll Cages