Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tell me what you think of these stripes

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care for the hockey stick stripes. But, if you do decide to go with them, i think black is your only choice. White might work, but your roof bar is black. Yenko pulled off the green with black and green with white back in the day, you probably could too.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kerryt1
I don't care for the hockey stick stripes. But, if you do decide to go with them, i think black is your only choice. White might work, but your roof bar is black. Yenko pulled off the green with black and green with white back in the day, you probably could too.

But I don't remember any green Yenko's with tan interior ....... that color has to be brought to the exterior if any stripes are added at all....... in my opinion.

Also, with the black roof thing......... think back to all of the different stripe combos that were available on cars with black vinyl tops and looked great...... the black painted roof is sort of like the old colored roofs in a way.

Last edited by qwiktim; 03-02-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:24 PM
12 Second Club

I like white on green myself, but you could pull off a tan/gold stripe on it. I don't care for the full length stripes though. Black on green will blend in too much and I think will look like crap. It seems everyone on here is afraid of contrasting their stripes too much for fear they stand out. As you can see, I'm not one of those people!
Old 03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

i personally dont really like them, i mean it doesnt look bad but just not my cup of tea you know? i dont really like ANY green car so that probably is my prob with it, do black if your doing stripes... still nice car and to each his own
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Here's another version with a shorter stripe down the side. If I were to do this, the front of the strip would have to follow the contour of the wheelwell. I don't think they look right at all when they go straight up and back like the original '69 stripes on these cars.

Anyhow, contoured front, short style..........

Old 03-02-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Veteran

^dude i really dont know why dont you try a black stripe or a silver stripe. that poop color green is just
Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

go black
Old 03-03-2007, 01:24 AM
10 Second Club

It doesn't look bad, and if you want to do it, do it. There's alot of cars on here that I question, but alot of people don't like mine either.....so.?.?

Chris
Old 03-03-2007, 07:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
^dude i really dont know why dont you try a black stripe or a silver stripe. that poop color green is just

This coming from someone with a "dare to be different" black car........ be nice now.

Quick Reply: Tell me what you think of these stripes