Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Detail: 07 Indy Red BMW M5

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Another great detail job. I would just be so upset if my brand new flagship model car came all f'd up like that.

I too really like what you do with the carpet. And that color is pure sweetness.

My roommate freshman year of college had an '02 M5. It was blue. Spoiled bastard treated it like it was a beater... never have I seen such a nice car get so neglected . I was in awe of that car seeing as though I drove an El Camino. Was quick though for a big ole 4 door. Sure made it easy to pick up girls on a college campus when you're riding around in a new M5!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that looks nice, great job! whats TC?
Old 03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WayFast84
Man that looks nice, great job! whats TC?
Sort for Tropi-Care Car Care Products. We are a need sponsor on here will a full line of detailing products.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
that look really good when you do that to the carpet.it makes it look extra clean how do you do that.
I use a brush with nylon bristles and mist the carpet with some water. Then run it in one direction and then the next.

The brush is TB-B20.

Sometimes I can spend too much striping like on this cayenne.

This is as close to perfect as I could get it that day. Not 100% perfect but it looks good. I tend to be picky with I stripe carpet.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

I used to work at a BMW dealership, and when I preped a new car for delivery it always had to be perfect. Since I've done so many, it shocks me to see this! I can pick out a mistake they so clearly made when prepping your customers car.

Theres still glue on it.

Nice job on the detail though, car looks a million times better.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
I used to work at a BMW dealership, and when I preped a new car for delivery it always had to be perfect. Since I've done so many, it shocks me to see this! I can pick out a mistake they so clearly made when prepping your customers car.

Theres still glue on it.

Nice job on the detail though, car looks a million times better.
That's the thing. He told them if they prep the car more then taking the plastic off, heads would roll. He wanted no prep work done at all. He wanted me to do everything.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jargan04
That's the thing. He told them if they prep the car more then taking the plastic off, heads would roll. He wanted no prep work done at all. He wanted me to do everything.
Thats perfectly understandable, because sometimes the way cars get prepped for delivery is enough to make anyone cringe. Trust me. If I were him, I would have left the plastic on the car when I picked it up.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
Thats perfectly understandable, because sometimes the way cars get prepped for delivery is enough to make anyone cringe. Trust me. If I were him, I would have left the plastic on the car when I picked it up.
He had asked for it to be left on, but the dealer didnt want it to go out to him like that. The car was ordered from a out of town dealer. So when it came off the truck at the dealer, it was put on a flat bed and taken to his house 3hours away.