Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Zaino Vs Tropi-Care

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve made his post, so I will just say I in the past used Zaino and now use Tropi-Care.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve.... LOL...

yeah man, Everyone has an opinion/preference. Not here to knock your product at all. I cant. Never used it. but it appears to do a very nice job and many people seem overly happy with it.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just jumped on the TC boat with the sample that I just got. I am very impressed so far!

TC gets my vote!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
If TC is carnuba based..the answer to will it last as long is a simple NO.

I asked for reasons on why people should buy tropicare, got a generic...."try our products" first response. Sorry...that dont cut it for me.

When I was selling another line, I had a lot of people asking me why they should buy it over Zaino...I didnt ever claim it to be better but I loved it and had no reason to think otherwise. Then Sal Zaino sent me an email asking if I would be interested in a chat about products. Well after a very interesting and informative conversation, I had a full line of products on the way to my front door, FREE OF CHARGE, not samples...full bottles. Granted, this is not normal and not what is expected of any vendor, but simply stated was above and beyond the call of what was due to me.

He also gave me his cell # and told me to call him and ask him anything I wanted at any time and to call him when I got it to make sure i did it correctly. That is the main thing people do wrong..whether its Zaino or TC or whatever you want. You can only get the best results starting with the best base possible. Now, if the product you use has abrasives or harsh chemicals in it, the prep simply wont matter...cause generally they will contain abrasives as well and it will do the cleaning for you...but it will also wear down your clear coat over time and cause Millions of tiny scratches in your finish.

I have since been using Zaino....never tried TC. I have tried TONS of others...as a comparision. Nothing really comes close to me. For ease of use....I dont know what people are doing saying that Z is hard to use?? WTF? Is eating a bowl of ice cream hard for you too?? i dont get that at all.

Bug removal when washing, ease of dust removal with a duster/ microfiber towel, simple touchups...never have been easier for me. Its just been a simple thing, I try the others...see how they do. Some are impressive for a week or 2, but simply dont hold up, why....carnuba...it wont last...especially in the OK heat here in summer time. For me...Zaino is what works....but hey...I tell everyone that asks me....I give them my recommendation....and say, "use what makes YOU happy" forget what everyone else "thinks" is the best, Just use what you like and be happy with it and go on.

I am sure this post will get deleted or locked since I am not supporting TC...but the original topic asked the question which one? so this is my answer. and NO..I dont sell Zaino either.

Dave

all the way brotha.

i use zaino more than TC, but its a nice product too
Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Dave:

No offense taken. Thanks for the props.

The first analogy that readily to mind is this:

You're long time, avid Coke drinker and some hands you a can of Pepsi. They have similar colors, carbonation, and smell among other characteristics. However, you hinge everything on that first taste. You're either going to hate it, tolerate it or enjoy it. The first impression has just been developed.

Once you get past that first can, maybe you might develop an interest in having another one. Just think you may actually get converted under certain conditions. It happens every day.

We are fortunate enough to be able to make choices every day. Your choice is having to sort out through the marketing and perception to see what work best for you.

That ends today's philosophy lesson.

Now where's my Porter Cable?
Old 03-21-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh I totally agree...but unlike many that are walking around with Blinders on , I am always looking for something better or to prove my findings to be wrong or just not as good as I thought. So Always open to new stuff.

I will give you all a shot soon...just in the middle of a moving situation now so unfortunately detailing is kinda on the back burner for me.

I have been thinking of buying a PC, Currently I am using a DeWalt Orbital....although I get great results...sometimes I dont need something that powerful. But its nice to have for when buffing out a car after new paint and sanding.