Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tiny Holes In My Side Tint!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiny Holes In My Side Tint!!

I just had my windows retinted like 2 months ago and i noticed this morning like 3 tiny holes in it, no bigger around than the tip of a pen. Is something touching it when it rolls up and down? I know its not from me, i hardly drive the car, dont touch the glass, dont wear rings, ect.. Anyone had this problem and if so how did you correct it???
Old 03-20-2007, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How dark is the tint. If it's 15-5%. You can take a tooth pick and put a tiny dot of paint paint in the hole. It will fill it and look like tint. I dont know how it will look on lighter tints, as I have only used it on 15-5%.

Bret
Old 03-20-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Not a bad idea. Its fresh 20% so its somewhat dark, prob would work. I need to prevent it from constantly happening. Obviously if there is 3 holes already than there will be more to come if i dont do something about it. I dont even close the door by the window like alot of people so it doesnt get loose in the tracks.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 11secondhorse
Not a bad idea. Its fresh 20% so its somewhat dark, prob would work. I need to prevent it from constantly happening. Obviously if there is 3 holes already than there will be more to come if i dont do something about it. I dont even close the door by the window like alot of people so it doesnt get loose in the tracks.
Are the holes in the same area or spread out in different places?
Old 03-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Launching!

I have some holes too.. its probably from what rolls the window up and down. If they get worse I'll probably get my shop to redo the tint... Lifetime warranty for.the.win.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ya I have the same problem on my tint. There are small holes in the tint caused by it rubbing with a mechanism in the door. If u pull the felt back that protectes the window as there are lowered and follow the dots down into the door itself u will prolly see where these small pieces of felt have come off this metal piece.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Most likely you will need to replace your window felts. They tend to wear and leave the corners of the window guides bare. When the windows glides up and down the unprotected guides will rub a hole in your tint. They may start little but rubbing over the same hole will increase it in size. I would definately look at that before you try and fix it, as it will only come back. Ask me how I know lol

Bob s.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Resident

At the very top of my tint I had the same thing and the tint came off due to scratches that were already in the window. I also had to change the window felt on my pass side cause it tore some of my tint off =(
Old 03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where do i get new felts? Also, Ive never taken a door panel off this car and before i start breaking clips is there any easy way of taking it off?
Old 03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

same problem here. its something in the door there that does it

Quick Reply: Tiny Holes In My Side Tint!!