Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

rear seat coming apart?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rear seat coming apart?

has anyone else has problems with the back seat seams seperating??...when i bought my car the back seat was coming undone where the two seams are...and the leather is extremely hard on both sides of the center panel...the car had no tint on the windows and was on a lot so im guessing it was just ruined by the sun.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maroboy28
has anyone else has problems with the back seat seams seperating??...when i bought my car the back seat was coming undone where the two seams are...and the leather is extremely hard on both sides of the center panel...the car had no tint on the windows and was on a lot so im guessing it was just ruined by the sun.
You're screwed. Mine's doing this a little bit, but nothing too obvious. A lot of older cars with leather seats have this problem.

If the owner had tinted the windows and put some leather conditioner on there from day one, I'd bet it would look like new.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Say, Maroboy28 what color is your leather seat? Personally i would chuck it in favor of the 5pd reduction in weight. I'm in favor of anything on the car that if it stops working goes to the weight reduction pile. As long of course its not vital.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

its a gray leather interior, but as far as chunkin up for weight..idk..its a daily driver and i kinda like havin room for ppl....lol...may sound funny but im gettin my mother to sew it up....she's damn good...might even put some logos in the center panel for me
Old 03-27-2007, 09:22 PM
FormerVendor

My rear seats were the same way when I bought my '98 Camaro. I sold them and bought new ones. I don't see how I could of even re-stitched them they were so hard
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol, I have TooFazt's old seats, they are a little on the passenger side, but if you could've seen the condition of my old seats you could appriciate his old ones like I do haha
Old 04-07-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That really sucks, how hard the leather gets. I've never seen anything like it -- no amount of conditioning will bring it back. I guess this is an example of why sunscreen is good...? Anyway, I agree, it's time for some weight reduction.