Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 HUD on fbody?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 HUD on fbody?

Anyone know if its possible, or there is a kit to put the c6 style heads up display on a fbody?

I think it would be cool as hell
Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/411490-hud.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/233499-heads-up-display.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/443685-heads-up-display.html
Old 04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Eh, I dont like the look of the H.U.D. it makes the winshield look cluttered when youre lookin out. Plus I think it mkaes it look like your in a video game lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Kinda sucks that you took the time to search and post the links, but no info. You know what I got when I clicked on your links? More links! Other people that made the exact post as you just now. Still didn't find that much info on the subject.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HUD = pain in the ***; not worth it; etc. I tried it in my old Lumina Z34 swapped out of a newer GP and never got it to work.

I'd spend that money on strippers and beer. Maybe a comfy futon so as to avoid any contact with wifey. If contact with her were to happen, at least I had strippers and beer earlier. With HUD, you have a headache and no strippers OR beer.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by cooltc2004
Kinda sucks that you took the time to search and post the links, but no info. You know what I got when I clicked on your links? More links! Other people that made the exact post as you just now. Still didn't find that much info on the subject.
Did you notice that I'm the one that posted those links in those other threads too?

My point is that this has been discussed before and since you didn't search, I searched for you.

The C5/C6 HUD won't work in the F-body, but there are companies that make aftermarket units that can be installed.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
HUD = pain in the ***; not worth it; etc. I tried it in my old Lumina Z34 swapped out of a newer GP and never got it to work.

I'd spend that money on strippers and beer. Maybe a comfy futon so as to avoid any contact with wifey. If contact with her were to happen, at least I had strippers and beer earlier. With HUD, you have a headache and no strippers OR beer.
You had problems with that? I actually know a guy who had swapped the GP HUD into his 97 S-10, and it works perfectly... The HUD actually came out of a 1st gen w.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Cuz its never been done before..over on Corvette forum there's a GP on HUD's..~299 bucks I believe...installation is the bitch.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

which basically means:
Old 04-04-2007, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VIP1
Did you notice that I'm the one that posted those links in those other threads too?

My point is that this has been discussed before and since you didn't search, I searched for you.

The C5/C6 HUD won't work in the F-body, but there are companies that make aftermarket units that can be installed.
You didn't search for me You searched for the guy who started the thread. It was just kinda aggravating clicking a link, then clicking the link in that link, then clicking the link in the second link from the first link, etc etc. I did manage to see a picture though

Quick Reply: C6 HUD on fbody?