anyone have nice ones, and if so where should i get one
Old 04-17-2007, 05:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to afterthoughtsauto.com
Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one through summit racing. its a custom fit for the Z. Its really nice, my car stays outside all the time so its the all weather cover. All you have to do is hit it with some quick detailer every week or so, because it does build up a lil residue, no big deal. better than alwayswashing your car. very cheap alternitive to building a garage. Its made by wolf. $190 buck for the cover, lock and storage bag. Check it out. I give it 5 stars.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want one of the best, go here
www.calcarcover.com
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

i have the SLP one. Fits like a glove. I use it during winter storage and if I know the car is going to be sitting for a week or two between driving it during the summer. Worked good on my 95 when I used to keep that outside over night (not much moisture got through).
Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by highlander316
i have the SLP one. Fits like a glove. I use it during winter storage and if I know the car is going to be sitting for a week or two between driving it during the summer. Worked good on my 95 when I used to keep that outside over night (not much moisture got through).

the slp one fits good over the spoiler and all the way down the bumper?? tahts what im most worried about and is it on your ws6 now?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

I have a California Car Cover Stormweave, which is one of their better covers for outdoors. Besides the fact that it's held up great for over 2 years, it fits pretty much any F-body flawlessly (bought it specifically for my 92 Camaro RS, but it fits my 1992 Z28-w/ the high rise spoiler, it fits 3rd gen firebirds and it fits all the 4th gen trans am's i was test driving when i wanted a 4th gen).

The customer service at Cal Car Cover is also amazing. The screw that the antenna screws into eventually rubbed a little hole through my cover. I called them up, they offered me 1 of two things: they could send me a matching piece of fabric and i could sew it up myself, or i could send them the entire cover and they would repair it for me and send it back. Chose to just have them send me the piece and they sent me a HUGE piece of stormweave fabric.

CalCarCover is definately the best out there..highly recommended.
The Judge And my dad has a SupremeWeave cover for his new King Ranch Pickup and its really nice and has worked very well.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6transamws6
the slp one fits good over the spoiler and all the way down the bumper?? tahts what im most worried about and is it on your ws6 now?
yup it fits nice and tight all the way around. A little flappy near the rocker panels, but that's to either tie it up or lock it up down there anway if you leave it outside. I had it on the car during the winter, not at this present moment though. If I remember correctly, it may have come w/ a gromet for the antenna incase you don't have a power antenna, but I got it 4 years ago so I don't positively remember. It also came w/ a carrying bag, but all would have that I'd assume.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dan
If you want one of the best, go here
www.calcarcover.com

thats what i have fits great. ill see if i have some pictures
Old 04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SLP makes a good one