Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Porter Cable buffer kit special-the second coming

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ordering mine tomorrow. Can I just put "LS1tech special" in the order comments and specify the additional product?
Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rowdy94
I'm ordering mine tomorrow. Can I just put "LS1tech special" in the order comments and specify the additional product?
You can also list the 1 free item you select (value up to $16.00) in the same message box. In addition, be sure to list any other items you wish to add to your order online. We'll contact you with any questions.

Thanks to all who have taken advantage of our Porter Cable buffer kit specials.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally got around to breaking out my kit which I ordered from Steve on the last offer. The PC buffer did take a bit of getting used to but all I can recommend is to go slowly. The slower you go, the better the results, to let the machine and polish do it's job. I started with TC-8 which is swirl cutter, not because my car was really bad, but there were some areas that needed it and the car has never been "buffed", only waxed by hand. Anyhow, it really cleaned up most of the scratches, and in some areas left a haze or "micro-marring" which had me somewhat concerned at first. Then I switched to the TC-3 polish/sealant, and made a pass or two with that and the areas really cleaned up nicely. I'll probably hit the entire car again with the TC-3 and then top it off with some carnauba wax to really make it gleam since the Hot Rod Power Tour is coming up in less than 2 weeks now. Overall, I'm very pleased with the TropiCare products and the Porter Cable buffer. I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who is interested in making their car look the best it can, as using the buffer definitely cleaned up areas that I never could have fixed by hand. I have an entire shelf of products I've tried by hand and never got the results I did with the PC and TropiCare products. Thanks Steve!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by shudog
Finally got around to breaking out my kit which I ordered from Steve on the last offer. The PC buffer did take a bit of getting used to but all I can recommend is to go slowly. The slower you go, the better the results, to let the machine and polish do it's job. I started with TC-8 which is swirl cutter, not because my car was really bad, but there were some areas that needed it and the car has never been "buffed", only waxed by hand. Anyhow, it really cleaned up most of the scratches, and in some areas left a haze or "micro-marring" which had me somewhat concerned at first. Then I switched to the TC-3 polish/sealant, and made a pass or two with that and the areas really cleaned up nicely. I'll probably hit the entire car again with the TC-3 and then top it off with some carnauba wax to really make it gleam since the Hot Rod Power Tour is coming up in less than 2 weeks now. Overall, I'm very pleased with the TropiCare products and the Porter Cable buffer. I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who is interested in making their car look the best it can, as using the buffer definitely cleaned up areas that I never could have fixed by hand. I have an entire shelf of products I've tried by hand and never got the results I did with the PC and TropiCare products. Thanks Steve!!!
Shudog:

We appreciate the sentiments.

It is our goal to accommodate everyone who is interested in obtaining the results that the pros see everyday. For less than $175 delivered, our TCPC-10 kit is ready for the job.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

This offer is still available, the time is now to step up and get your Porter Cable kit.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a good deal...once I find a job, I will be ordering for sure. I am using a B&D right now with only one speed and it's hard to take wax off.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Just received my kit yesterday. Hopefully it will stop raining soon so I can try it out.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Steve or Chris- I got my buffer last week, which I love, but I was wondering, mine makes alot of noise and chatters a bit. I see you taped a counter weight to the box, but when I looked at the PC it looks like there is a weight already up in there. Do I need to replace it or whatt? The PC has some shake to it but I figured it would, I wouldn't call it a horrible shake but the sound is kinda of annoying and the faster you kick that puppy up in the speed the louder it gets.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PopaPork
Hey Steve or Chris- I got my buffer last week, which I love, but I was wondering, mine makes alot of noise and chatters a bit. I see you taped a counter weight to the box, but when I looked at the PC it looks like there is a weight already up in there. Do I need to replace it or whatt? The PC has some shake to it but I figured it would, I wouldn't call it a horrible shake but the sound is kinda of annoying and the faster you kick that puppy up in the speed the louder it gets.
The PC does sound a little odd, but it is normal. My personal machine quieted down after a few uses. The counter weight that is on the machine is a 5 inch weight it will work fine, but we attached a 6 inch weight as a convience to make the machine slightly smoother. It is a pure preference item.

Chris
Old 05-31-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good to know, thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much is just the porter cable by its self??
Old 06-03-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by 99zman
Should have asked me while we were on the phone today. I'll tell you where I got mine.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99zman
$119.00 + $9.95 shipping.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
$119.00 + $9.95 shipping.
wow that cheap.. i was just curious. thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

I really think im gonna order this. Few questions though; I went on your website and you have the package on there and i didnt see the free 8 ounce bottle on there (or is that just an LS1tech special??).

Also, i know the sample sizes are just that...samples...but would i be able to atleast finish my car with them or are they not even enough to do a car with?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by AMack
I really think im gonna order this. Few questions though; I went on your website and you have the package on there and i didnt see the free 8 ounce bottle on there (or is that just an LS1tech special??).

Also, i know the sample sizes are just that...samples...but would i be able to atleast finish my car with them or are they not even enough to do a car with?
We will include the free 8 ounce TC-8 Swirl Cutter as part of the kit. This will continue for the balance of the detail season.

You should be able to get at least 1-2 applications with each 2 ounce sample bottle.

Quick Reply: Porter Cable buffer kit special-the second coming