Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im suprised the cops took prints.. when my buddies stereo was stolen the guy somberly took down some notes, and then said thanks for the info and left...
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
Im suprised the cops took prints.. when my buddies stereo was stolen the guy somberly took down some notes, and then said thanks for the info and left...
I didn't even report when I had my car stereo stolen... but then again it was a Jensen... so I took it as a sign to stop having a crappy stereo
Old 05-02-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks man, hopefully your insurace will cover it. Il tell ya what to do tho. Start asking around and see if you can come up with any info on who may of snagged it and then get yourself a large blunt object to carry with you in route to a confrontation.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bandit4
That Is Why Tv's Belong In Your House And Not Your Car.
I guess gettin banned a couple times still didn't get the message across?? You still add nothin worth readin to this site.

Yea, that sucks. I would highly suggest a alarm if your gonna invest $850 in a deck though. Seein as how a good alarm is less than that deck alone.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Junkie

That sucks bad man, at least they didn't f the rest of your car up.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:51 AM
On the tree

Your insurance company will cover it as long as you have full covereage. They will charge you for the deductabli from the damage estimate.

They have to cover any steroe or speaker that is installed into a factory location. So the head unit and front, middle, and rear speakers would be covered. TEchinically if you mounted the amp in the spare tire well they would have to cover that as well seeing as it is in the factory location.

They will only covers things related to the car. If personal possessions get stolen out of the car they dont cover them, you have to file that under your home owners or renters policy if you one.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

They should cover it if you told them before hand that you had it. Thats what i did when i put my system in(indash touch screen 7.5" kenwoodkvt915 flip out/and mysubsampboxcap door speakers speaker amp) i have about 4kin audio equip insured by my policy basicly you tell them the dollar amount that you have invested in your audio equipment and tell them you want to have it insured for theft.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Resident

We know, you're still a tool... you don't have to continuously point it out. I find it funny that after being banned and having people actually post threads about how happy they were that you were gone you found the need to come back and clutter the forum up with more of your stupid ****.

Originally Posted by camaro
I was about to go to work this morning and saw that my door was popped open a little bit. When I got closer I saw that someone stole my $850 DVD/CD in dash 7" touch screen Clarion. Ahhhhh this **** makes me so mad. The only good thing about this whole thing is they didnt rip up my interior getting it out or break anything getting in. I called the cops and filed a report and they lifted some good prints off the window so I guess we'll see what happens. Im hoping that I can get my insurance company to pay for it. Does anyone know if the deductable applys to stolen items or is that just for damage?
This SUCKS. Just be thankful they didn't destroy half of your car in the process and hope to hell the insurance company will work with you. Keep an eye out on ebay... search for it for the next few days and you might find one local that the seller "lost the box for."
Old 05-02-2007, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

yea as long as whatever gets stolen was bolted down to the car its covered by insurance, at least thats what i was told....could be wrong i guess
Old 05-02-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

that sucks sorry to hear.

Same thing happened to me, came out one morning headin to work and my trunk was open a little. Thought that was very strange, got to the car opened the trunk looked
in and I'll be damned if my cd player was gone. I was pissed.

neways didnt file a police report, it was a halfway cheap stereo. But I still didn't figure out how they got in my car!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im with this guy. You're on the road to drive from point A to point B. You're not on the road so you can pick up watching SUPER TROOPERS, where you left off watching it in your house. It's just another distraction while you're on the road, IMO...

also sounds like someone must have been watching you for sometime and noticed you didnt have an alarm. sucks regardless of the circumstances and hope your insurance gives you a good break...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

I might have just gotten very lucky. I actually got a letter from my insurance company 4 days ago that I never really looked over since my insurance was just renewed. This is what one of the paragraphs says.

Your new personal auto policy has been broadened coverages and benefits to include:

An aditional equiptment coverage provision under part D - Coverage for damage to your auto has been added so that we will pay for loss to additional equiptment that is permanentley installed, but not originally installed by the manufacturer or factory, limited to $1,000, at no aditional cost to you. In addition to the base coverage of $1,000 provided, you have the option to purchase additional equiptment coverage in excess of the limit at an aditional premium.

Lol what are the chances of my policy changing 2 days before my car gets violated so that I am now covered. We called them today and they told us to call back tommorrow and they will look up our policy and let us know what exactly will happen. Im hoping for the best, ill let everyone know when I find out.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the only way you'll get $ for it is if the robber pays, insurance wont cover it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robbers, rob people not houses or cars. Those are burglars or thieves. Lets get with the program people...
Old 05-02-2007, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
Im with this guy. You're on the road to drive from point A to point B. You're not on the road so you can pick up watching SUPER TROOPERS, where you left off watching it in your house. It's just another distraction while you're on the road, IMO...
Despite anyones opinion on if its right or wrong to watch a DVD in your car (which personally I believe is okay so long as your responsible about it and a good driver, some people can do this just fine and some can't drive WITHOUT distractions) ... it is still wrong that he had his stolen. Some people might be against you having **** on your computer too but if someone breaks into your house and steals your computer that still sucks! Maybe you don't like custom wheels but that still doesn't make it right when your neighbors car is on blocks in the morning.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jeresous
Despite anyones opinion on if its right or wrong to watch a DVD in your car (which personally I believe is okay so long as your responsible about it and a good driver, some people can do this just fine and some can't drive WITHOUT distractions) ... it is still wrong that he had his stolen. Some people might be against you having **** on your computer too but if someone breaks into your house and steals your computer that still sucks! Maybe you don't like custom wheels but that still doesn't make it right when your neighbors car is on blocks in the morning.
Thank you, couldnt have said it better myself.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cahill93Z28
the only way you'll get $ for it is if the robber pays, insurance wont cover it.

Are you the adjuster working his claim? If not, you can't say that. I have written many checks for stolen stereos for the company I adjust for & I didn't "rob" one single car...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

im not disagreeing with you on your rant, however you failed to purposely quote all of what i wrote, which included that regardless of if it's right or not to watch a DVD while driving, the fact his car was buglarized STILL SUCKED, and that hopefully his insurance would give him a break...

ill give you a few seconds to go back and re-read my original response...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSwt00SS
im not disagreeing with you on your rant, however you failed to purposely quote all of what i wrote, which included that regardless of if it's right or not to watch a DVD while driving, the fact his car was buglarized STILL SUCKED, and that hopefully his insurance would give him a break...

ill give you a few seconds to go back and re-read my original response...
I read what you posted the first time. I was more or less commenting on you saying "I'm with this guy" .. "this guy" being the jerk that implies with his short comment that it's Maros own fault for owning a DVD player in his car.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 PM
12 Second Club

I read what you posted the first time. I was more or less commenting on you saying "I'm with this guy" .. "this guy" being the jerk that implies with his short comment that it's Maros own fault for owning a DVD player in his car.
J, follow you now...

Quick Reply: My Car Was Robbed!!!!!!