Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New 15% Tint!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by farnoush
His "secret" method is sanding down the dot matrix.
I wonder who the "expert" at GM was who designed the dot-matrix. Whoever that was, they probably never heard of the word tint before or did absolutely no testing to determine how a tint on back glass would look. In other words, they probably never gave a **** despite the fact that a tint is one of the most popular after market purchases. Just what purpose does the dot-matrix serve anyway?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alot of guys get the matrix spray painted black, to fill in the gaps then tinted over to blend properly. You can also use clear glue to smooth out the dots.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

The tint looks awesome, especially the rear hatch (it looks perfect). I think you have persuaded me to finally get mine done (Right after I get my new tires mounted, balanced and installed as well as get an alignment done; oh yeah, got to install my new pro 5.0 power tower shifter, too ). I've been wanting to have tint done on my driver's and passenger's side windows for some time now (The hatch was already done when I got the car, but it's not as nice as yours). Maybe I'll get the hatch re-done while I'm at it. How much did this run you, if I may ask? Thanks.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

at my shop we use a black vinyl that is made specially for the dot matrix. so you pretty much cant see the dot matrix anymore. that is the correct way to do it. Llumar sells it by the roll. Llumar by the way is the best brand of tint on the market. we do it in one piece also.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Car looks great man, how much did that cost? I understand about the snowflakes and the side molding man. Gotta work with what you have! My car payment eats at my play money but it's what I wanted and i feel lucky to own a Z28. Snowflakes rule!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Regular

everyone still worried about the matrix, time to take the blue pill. The guy at my tint place said he could tint my windsheild in one peice, but there are liability issues that I'm concerned about in case I was in an accident.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How soon till you think you get pulled over by the Troopers or some small town dick cop on the way to the beach(cause you know you will)? I lived in Trenton and had 35% on my front to and I got busted once a month by troopers, the dick cops in Allenton, Egg Habor, Toms River, Cherry Hill, everywhere.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Default watch the local troopers

Watch out in Jersey. I had my sides on my 92 done years ago with the lightest tint. Took all of 4 days to get pulled over and ticketed. Even after that with 5% on the hatch they still pulled me over and asked me to roll up the sides to check for tint. Jersey is tough for that!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks again for the comments. Oh and sorry for the really late response lol. For those that wanted to know the price, it cost me a little over $200. If anyone wants to know where in Jersey I went, just send me a PM and I'll let you know.

As far as tickets go, so far so good. *knock on wood*

Quick Reply: New 15% Tint!