Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

PC 7424 question about pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC 7424 question about pads

I was looking up the tropic care site and checking out their PC package. Then in the instructions it mentions using a black foam pad to use the PC to apply wax/polish. Their pckage doesnt include a blck foam pad and intheir accessories they only list a white foam pad..

I know I use the orange pad witht he bonnets to remove the residue..

where do i get this black foam pad or is it ok to use the white pad, and i will just have to order that as well as the package deal.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Use the blue one they sell. I've been using it with their TC-3 and it works great.

-Mike
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

Does their tc3 replace the need for the tc2? Sent them an email with questiosn and never got a reply gah!
Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Junkie

That I don't know. If it's like a traditional wax, TC-2 can be applied over TC-3 for extra shine. The Tropi-Care people will have to answer that for sure, though.

-Mike
Old 05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can top the TC-3 with the TC-2 .. by machine or hand ..

the TC-3 stands alone just fine .. but you will see a little deepening of darker colors (and pick up a little extra protection) if you top it with the TC-2, or with the paste wax.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

so TC3 goes on after the clay bar, then you apply TC2 over it? not vice versa?

You wouldnt clay bar, then TC2 a few coats with say detail spray btw coats.. then apply coats of TC3 with detail sprays etc btw coats?

Just want to know the best way to use their products

Their instructions arent entirely crystal clear.. and awaiting their email about this They did respond to my previous one, but alas I imagine they are quite busy
Old 05-23-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The blue pad replaced the black pad. The white pad is new and I have not used that one yet. You are correct in using the orange pad with the bonnet to remove the polish and wax. TC3 is a polish and the TC2 is a wax. You use the polish first and then the wax if you want. The TC2 (wax) will help protect the TC3 (polish). Most of "us" are **** about our vehicles finish and polish more than the average joe. I personally do not use the wax very often. These are the steps I use:

wash
claybar
wash
polish (TC3)

You can also stack a couple coats of the polish then apply the TC2 (wax)

When the wax first came out I used it on a old Tahoe I had. It was dak blue and sat outside 24/7. The paint was okay, but showing its age. I washed, claybar, washed, polished (2 coats) and then applied the wax. Like stated above the shine was very deep and rich. Everyone thought it was a re-paint.
I think I got all your questions. If I missed any just repost or PM and I can help you out. I have been selling the products for a couple years and have been very pleased. My customers have also been pleased with the way their vehicles turn out.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

sealant, then wax .. so TC-3, then TC-2 or any pure carnauba you choose.

just make sure it isn't a "cleaner wax" type product .. don't want to strip off any of the TC-3
Old 05-24-2007, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Just wanted to post the reply I got from Tropic-Care. It was a really awesome reply and Steve as you can tell is very willing and very clear about answering any questions you might have:

"No need to apologize for your questions. That’s why we’re here to help you understand the characteristics of the products you interested in using.

TC-3 is our durable water-based paint sealant. It is longer lasting than the TC-2 wax and provides for crystal clear protection. It can be a stand alone product and layered to maintain constant durability.

The TC-2 wax can also be used a stand alone product or it can be layered over top of the TC-3 sealant as an extra measure of protection to the sealant. Excellent for use on darker colors, it helps to create additional depth. To get the best finish on metallic, we suggest the TC-3.

After using the TC-1 Clay Bar, assess your paint surface for the next round of treatment. You can use the TC-8 Swirl Cutter on the orange foam pad with the PC as needed for removal of the ultra fine lines from repetitive washing and drying. After you’re satisfied with the TC-8 performance, you can apply the TC-3 with the blue foam pad on the PC. Use the TC-5 Detail Spray for removing any light product residue after using the gray polishing bonnets on the PC to remove the TC-3 sealant from the surface. The TC-5 can be used any time to remove light dust and dirt from the surface while providing an anti-static surface resulting in less dust attraction.

The TC-3 can be layered on each other or TC-2 over the TC-3. Typically we don’t layer the TC-3 over the TC-2 due to potential streaking issues. If you’re looking for longer term results, I would continue with the TC-3 applications. If I ‘m looking for dramatic presentation for a car show on darker colors, I would apply a layer of the TC-2 wax.

Don’t hesitate to contact me anytime either here or on our toll-free line.

Regards,

Tropi-Care Car Care Products

Steve Pasztor"

Quick Reply: PC 7424 question about pads