Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New Sponsor - Arizen Racing Sports - Custom Racing Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kind of prices are your seats? i.e.) that Impala seat?
Old 05-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SpdFrk1990
Very nice looks like you guys have a lot of options on the style. The 69 camaro style is cool I also like how you can make the spot for the factory seat belt loop. What about the brackets do you make some that fit a f-body well?
We have the f-body brackets shown below. Not a lot of feedback on them and I only installed them in a late 80's car. If we hear we need to tweek anything in the future we'll do what we can.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/pa...BR/BR-82CAM-DR
Old 05-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrianB
What kind of prices are your seats? i.e.) that Impala seat?
The Impala seats were $747 for the set. They were 2-tone vinyl and had the standard back bolsters. We've added options since those were made so pricing could be higher depending on options chosen.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bracket looks good if you are able to bolt some sliders strait to that it looks like it would work out well. I had some brackets and there was a piece to bolt the sliders to the bracket and that made the seat sit way too high. I ended up welding the sliders to the bracket.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SpdFrk1990
Bracket looks good if you are able to bolt some sliders strait to that it looks like it would work out well. I had some brackets and there was a piece to bolt the sliders to the bracket and that made the seat sit way too high. I ended up welding the sliders to the bracket.
You may of had Wedge Engineerings "tab slider" brackets. We always prefer our sliders bolt to the bracket directly. Our thinking is - you can always go up easily but not down if you're already starting too high.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
FormerVendor

Finally, haha. I've enjoyed my Arizen seats for a while now, I love them.

The only thing I have a question about is the seat brackets. I made my own so I didn't have this problem. But everyone who has boughten seat brackets from you, when they install them they don't center the seat. So it either rubs on the center console or the door. Then you're company just told them to re-drill the holes to make them fit correctly. So he re-drilled them and ended up the holes were about 1/2" off and that left little material from the edge of the braket (not very safe, huh?). And I know this for a fact because he did it at my house.

So my question is, have you improved on your seat bracket design at all?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arizen
You may of had Wedge Engineerings "tab slider" brackets. We always prefer our sliders bolt to the bracket directly. Our thinking is - you can always go up easily but not down if you're already starting too high.
Yup those were the ones!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:18 PM
Banned

one issue i have with ebay seats is that they dont feel sturdy and they dont hold me in . how are comparable are yours ?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by toofazt
Finally, haha. I've enjoyed my Arizen seats for a while now, I love them.

The only thing I have a question about is the seat brackets. I made my own so I didn't have this problem. But everyone who has boughten seat brackets from you, when they install them they don't center the seat. So it either rubs on the center console or the door. Then you're company just told them to re-drill the holes to make them fit correctly. So he re-drilled them and ended up the holes were about 1/2" off and that left little material from the edge of the braket (not very safe, huh?). And I know this for a fact because he did it at my house.

So my question is, have you improved on your seat bracket design at all?
We have not changed anything yet. We need more feedback like this and pictures are helpful too. Is the problem always one side (driver or passenger) or both? Is it the same problem on each side - both too close to door or center or different on each side? Is this only late model years? If the bars under the sliders were wider and had a slotted hole would this fix the problem or would there be interference installing the bracket then?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have not changed anything yet. We need more feedback like this and pictures are helpful too. Is the problem always one side (driver or passenger) or both? Is it the same problem on each side - both too close to door or center or different on each side? Is this only late model years? If the bars under the sliders were wider and had a slotted hole would this fix the problem or would there be interference installing the bracket then?

It was my car Steve is talking about... Happened on KANDY's as well. It is just the driver side, the passenger was fine.

The driver seat needs to sit half an inch closer to the center of the car so it doesn't get hit by the door. We compensated by driling the holes for where the seat bolts to the bracket 1/2" towards the car center.

It would be better if the bracket was shifted more that way though so that there is still plenty of material left for the seat to securely bolt on.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Project Dc2
one issue i have with ebay seats is that they dont feel sturdy and they dont hold me in . how are comparable are yours ?
Can't imagine anyone not being held in our bottom. The standard back bolsters do let you slide around, especially in leather or vinyl. The deeper back bolstered seats do a better job of keeping you centered.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

Here's a photoshop... The white dots are basically where we had to drill (assuming we are looking at the top side of the driver side in the pic):

I finally just had a local guy fab up a better set. I know you outsource your brackets so if you ever need another guy let me know, he did good work and you would still have a profit margin for his price.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
It was my car Steve is talking about... Happened on KANDY's as well. It is just the driver side, the passenger was fine.

The driver seat needs to sit half an inch closer to the center of the car so it doesn't get hit by the door. We compensated by driling the holes for where the seat bolts to the bracket 1/2" towards the car center.

It would be better if the bracket was shifted more that way though so that there is still plenty of material left for the seat to securely bolt on.
Is there enough room in the car to make the bars under the sliders wider so the holes can be shifted toward the middle?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Here's a photoshop... The white dots are basically where we had to drill (assuming we are looking at the top side of the driver side in the pic):

I finally just had a local guy fab up a better set. I know you outsource your brackets so if you ever need another guy let me know, he did good work and you would still have a profit margin for his price.
Easy enough to change. I will let the fab shop we use know the driver side only needs this adjustment.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
FormerVendor

You don't need to make the material wider, just weld the bars over a little more to compensate for moving the holes...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Is there enough room in the car to make the bars under the sliders wider so the holes can be shifted toward the middle?
Honestly, I would leave the top holes and just shift the bottom holes accordingly... Probably the best fix.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Honestly, I would leave the top holes and just shift the bottom holes accordingly... Probably the best fix.
Why? Are we trying to move the back but keep the front where it is? How does the seat sit compared to the steering wheel with our current holes compared to shifting 1/2" toward center?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
FormerVendor

Really the easiest and most accurate way to get these right is post in the regional forums where ever you guys are located saying you need a test car. Someone will be glad to help out. That way you can get it right on the money the first time
Old 05-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Banned

Why? Are we trying to move the back but keep the front where it is? How does the seat sit compared to the steering wheel with our current holes compared to shifting 1/2" toward center?
No, it's just if you shifted the bracket itself towards the center (towards the tranny) of the car the seat (once mounted to the bracket where the holes are now) would be centered on the bracket and would not hit the door or console...

It sits perfect between the steering wheel and back seats... MUCH more adjustment (up and back) than stock as well !

Quick Reply: New Sponsor - Arizen Racing Sports - Custom Racing Seats!