Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Who thinks someone should make an aftermarket center mount exhaust for the Camaro??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a guy on ebay selling tips for $200 and theyre ******* nice, they even come in a 3in its the valence that we need. there is definately a demand out there. i sold a valence that wasnt even painted a while back for $600 plus shipping.if someone could produce them for $300 they would make a killing.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I believe if someone took the fab time with some pipes and a nice set of tips this could be done very, very cheap.... of course i understand about the valance though.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
To NightWindDrifter:
That is what a business is. There is never a guarantee that it will be successful and stick. If you are contemplating to mass-produce an item, you will have to think about the demand and the price of producing. If there is no demand, no profit. If price of producing will incur no profit, even if there is demand; no go. If it was guaranteed, we'd all be in "business."
CME is a very "specialized" product for an aging, obsolete platform. I know very well what compels a business to produce one thing and not the other, and I'm only saying why it hasn't happened in all this time, and why it might possibly never.

You have to face it, a lot of our guys are unrealistic about how much they're willing to pay for such a commodity.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

doesnt RKsport make a valance?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

thats for the quad tips...
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

right now on ebay the company i bought mine off of has another new set and starting bid is $1.50 . thats how it was when i bid on it then three days later i got them for $404.00 . price you pay if you want something bad enough.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There always to seems to be little expensive fads with F-bodys... before it was the export lights... 5 threads on each page in here about them, now? Where are they? When they still sold the CME, no one wanted it. Now you can't get it and everyone wants it.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tudds
There always to seems to be little expensive fads with F-bodys... before it was the export lights... 5 threads on each page in here about them, now? Where are they? When they still sold the CME, no one wanted it. Now you can't get it and everyone wants it.
+1 perfectly said
Old 06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
CME is a very "specialized" product for an aging, obsolete platform.
If that were true they'd have stopped making aftermarket products for 87-93 5.0 Mustangs...the newest one is 14 years old! They may not be current, but the market for custom F-body parts will not die because we all still love them. Just because they're no longer made doesn't mean the thousands sold from 98-02 are in the junkyard. If you consider age and production to be a basis for making parts then maybe they should stop producing parts for classic cars...lord knows those 69 Camaro's and 67 Mustang fastbacks are "aging".

If they were aging and "obsolete"...we wouldn't be on this site because it wouldn't exist. Good cars never die. And neither does the market for parts for those cars.

Plus...the price idea was a guestimate, I'd pay more than $500 for it, but I'm sure as hell not paying almost $1000 for a glorified exhaust tip and rear ground kit! That price is simply RIDICULOUS, that's my only gripe.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

CME's are nice but way over rated in my opionon.
I sold 25 brand new never installed, painted, etc... ones here last summer/fall. I get asked all the time why I didn't keep one for myself. To be honest I planned on it when I was selling them for $300 shipped. Then I started putting them on eBay and they were going for over $700. No offense to anyone here but there was no way I was going to keep one when I could sell it for $700. Yes they're nice but not THAT nice.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nighthawk355x
If that were true they'd have stopped making aftermarket products for 87-93 5.0 Mustangs...
Finding a cam for a 5.0 isn't the same as finding a valence for the 4th gen.

They may not be current, but the market for custom F-body parts will not die because we all still love them. Just because they're no longer made doesn't mean the thousands sold from 98-02 are in the junkyard. If you consider age and production to be a basis for making parts then maybe they should stop producing parts for classic cars...lord knows those 69 Camaro's and 67 Mustang fastbacks are "aging".
I think you're taking my words out of perspective! What I'm saying is that the part is a little too.. "particular" given that our cars aren't exactly in the same ricer-light that imports are in for aftermarket styling.

If they were aging and "obsolete"...we wouldn't be on this site because it wouldn't exist. Good cars never die. And neither does the market for parts for those cars.
I agree, but again, I'm talking specifically about CME, not the LSX community nor the aftermarket for cars we drive. Calm down.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Finding a cam for a 5.0 isn't the same as finding a valence for the 4th gen.

I think you're taking my words out of perspective! What I'm saying is that the part is a little too.. "particular" given that our cars aren't exactly in the same ricer-light that imports are in for aftermarket styling.

I agree, but again, I'm talking specifically about CME, not the LSX community nor the aftermarket for cars we drive. Calm down.
Understood, and I wasn't getting heated at all, but I still don't see what the difference is between the CME and say a Saleen wing or cowl hood for a Mustang...same general idea. So why should they continue to be produced and the CME not?? That's where you're losing me...

There IS a market for appearance mods on our cars...a fairly large one at that(though I agree it's not as big as the ricer market, as you said). There are too many examples of similar product lines seen all over this site...examples like the halo headlights, fixed T/A headlights, the Berger panel(though an easy mod), clear side markers, smoked light covers, Sunoco cowl hood, and numerous other hoods. Why should companies ignore a perfectly good market and lose out on more money they could have? It's painfully obvious that there are TONS of people who would buy the CME if it were produced, me being one of them.

Like I said, I hear what you're saying, I just don't see the logic in it...not even from a business perspective.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 AM
Launching!

such bullshit, everytime i think about how rkport makes that ugly center exhaust kit and why they cant just make the normal one
Old 06-26-2007, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

theres a company that sells that whole set up for roughly 500 bucks. but i cant tell you who though its a secret, sorry
Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

CME is nice but I'm not about to pay $1000 for it when my car is only worth $10,000 at most.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ Good point

Quick Reply: Who thinks someone should make an aftermarket center mount exhaust for the Camaro??