Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What should i do!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do!?

Hey I got my 99 trans am about 2 months ago and i have some money that is burning a hole in my pocket! I really want to do some exterior,interior, or performance mods to my car.. So does anyone got any ideas? and if u have an idea, maybe you could post a link to where i can get it. thanx!

Old 06-05-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on how much money you have,i would start with CETA mod,tints,take off side molding,CAI,exhaust,and maybe some wheels but i like the ones you have now,all those mods should satisfy you for now
Old 06-05-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx, and i was def thinking about to doing the CETA, maybe with semi gloss black? And i really want true dual exhaust, but most place either say they cant do true duals on our cars, or i would need headers? And could someone post a link, or tell me a good site for the CAI, thanks again!
Old 06-05-2007, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

flat black looks great on pewter but semi is nice
Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

You can work on your engine bay appearance with some stainless steel covers. Check out my site at: store.specializedstainless.com

Let me know if you have any questions
Old 06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by trey1010
thanx, and i was def thinking about to doing the CETA, maybe with semi gloss black? And i really want true dual exhaust, but most place either say they cant do true duals on our cars, or i would need headers? And could someone post a link, or tell me a good site for the CAI, thanks again!
texas speed has a true dual setup for our cars and i think you do need headers for that setup but i'm not sure.as far as CAI,check out one of the sponsors
Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

the bird stickers in black for the front and the black lettering for the doors trans am

also black bird stripes. the back trans am sticker. paint the calipers, SLP lid
Old 06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

stickers all over the car
Old 06-06-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can start with a free one by taking off the molding, and if you like it, take off the side badges as well.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

decals

________________--
2000 Ws6 A4
Old 06-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Teching In

I'm gonna take a slightly different approach to my advice;

IMO, first thing you should do is take a minute (or a month...) to look at all the different stuff that's out there and decide what your "dream" car looks like when it's done. Have a clear vision in mind, so you end up avoiding putting a bunch of random mods together that look great by themselves, but might end up clashing with one another. You've got a gorgeous color already, so pick an accent color that works and be consistent with it.

Checking out the ls1tech sponors is a good place to start, as are some of the stickied threads around here. As for actually doing something, I recommend pulling the side molding asap

At the end of the day, it's your car. Do what you want with it and have fun doing it!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Plan out what you want to do before you do it. Try to avoid the rookie mistakes.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks to everyone! And if i pull the side molding off, then what would be the chances of paint coming off, and discoloration?
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

thanks to everyone! And if i pull the side molding off, then what would be the chances of paint coming off, and discoloration?
has your car ever been wrecked? repainted? if it hasn't and you remove it correctly i would think it would look just fine, no problems .....

as far as mods go sure you want your t/a to look awsome but it has to back up its looks with performance .... i'd get full exhaust and what not ..... also do the ceta mod everyone's tellin you about ... looks killer. I'd also black out the rear filler panel in between your tailights, basically taking the bird and "trans am" off of it .... much cleaner, and last but not least tint dem' windows ... you'd be amazed how much better a car looks with tinted windows(black of course, none of that ghey colored crap) and later when you get more money to spend on it, get yourself a nice set of wheels/tires and springs

you can see some different ride heights here- https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/406330-those-who-want-see-ride-height-after-springs.html
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam_346
has your car ever been wrecked? repainted? if it hasn't and you remove it correctly i would think it would look just fine, no problems .....

as far as mods go sure you want your t/a to look awsome but it has to back up its looks with performance .... i'd get full exhaust and what not ..... also do the ceta mod everyone's tellin you about ... looks killer. I'd also black out the rear filler panel in between your tailights, basically taking the bird and "trans am" off of it .... much cleaner, and last but not least tint dem' windows ... you'd be amazed how much better a car looks with tinted windows(black of course, none of that ghey colored crap) and later when you get more money to spend on it, get yourself a nice set of wheels/tires and springs

you can see some different ride heights here- https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406330
I dont really know if it has, the carfax is clean, but i can tell the front bumper is a tad lighter then the rest of the car, so i have my doubts. And yes Full exhaust is what i need, say if i got some 350 dollar pacesetter headers and took my car to a shop and got them to install the headers with duals,xpipe, with 2 single chamber flowmasters, what would yall guess that may cost? thanx!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

pacesetter headers. pain to put on but well worth it.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

id say tint the windows first. then have you have the money get some wheels.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont really know if it has, the carfax is clean, but i can tell the front bumper is a tad lighter then the rest of the car, so i have my doubts. And yes Full exhaust is what i need, say if i got some 350 dollar pacesetter headers and took my car to a shop and got them to install the headers with duals,xpipe, with 2 single chamber flowmasters, what would yall guess that may cost? thanx!
It sounds like you're on the right track with that exhaust. I had my TD's custom made at a local shop for about $230 (I think). That was with supplying collectors, band clamps, and the mufflers. My headers were already on so I'm not sure what it would cost for labor on those. Definitely go with that exhaust though...you won't be disappointed, especially if you get a cam in the future.

By the way, know that you may need a tune for some of the performance mods that you do. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Try to make it your own style man. We will all give you some great options but in the end its up to you.

What I would do:

Tint, CETA mod, lower the car (meaning new shocks as well), long tube headers, aftermarket lid, different exhuast (GMMG is having a group buy right now), paint your calipers, new vinyls for the door panels, front bird plate, and calipers.

That should hold you over for a little while
Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

Fisrt off: schtick that sounds real nice!

Second: If that was my T/A...Lower it, tint it, blackbird stripes, do the back bumper, remove the molding, and throw some 18"s on it (I'm partial to TTII's but iForged makes some nice lookin' wheels for these cars) just my $.02

Quick Reply: What should i do!?