Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

New SLP grill install tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kerryt1
Agreed, it is extra work. I'm pretty sure the SLP instructions say the same thing, not that you can't do it with it on the car. I've done that, too. I got better results taking it off....just my personal experience. Good luck with your install. Post some pictures when you're done!
Actually, the SLP instructions only say to remove the stock grille with the fascia off. To install, says to put the fascia back on and then mark and drill your holes. But Im sure people view it as "Well, its already off - why not install it like this".

And dont use a bit smaller then 1/4". If you do, I cant see how in the hell you're going to get those fasteners to fit w/o some pounding. I tried using a 3/16" first and even with some motivation they wouldnt fit. Grabbed the 1/4" and while it was still tight, they went in much smoother.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Actually, the SLP instructions only say to remove the stock grille with the fascia off. To install, says to put the fascia back on and then mark and drill your holes. But Im sure people view it as "Well, its already off - why not install it like this".
I stand corrected....
Old 06-07-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, the grill's on. Took about 2 hours from start to finish. I'll post pictures and a write up as soon as I get the pictures transferred and edited.

Quick Reply: New SLP grill install tomorrow.