Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

door molding & badges

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WFW_maro how did you put that pic of my car up like that? I can't seam to figure out how to post pics the same way all of you do. If I knew how I did a whole write up on molding removal. If you explain it to me in a private message I'll post a write up for this guy to remove his molding.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got the Goo Gone to clean up after I remove them, anyone have any tips for taking the actual strips off. Ill wait a few min to see if anyone responds, I dont know if someone has a trick to offer, mine is gone in 10 min. I cant wait, ive seen alot of you guys' pictures lately with these strips gone and I love it.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Addict

just take fishing line and start it inbetween the body and molding and then pull lightly outwards to keep from scratching or anything and pull direction you're moving to take molding off, cuts right threw the adhesive
Old 07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
just take fishing line and start it inbetween the body and molding and then pull lightly outwards to keep from scratching or anything and pull direction you're moving to take molding off, cuts right threw the adhesive

Excellant, thanks man. I cant wait to see how it looks. Ive seen so many lately, and I love it. Mine is starting to look like faded red anyways. You the man.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

lol, i did it on a friends not mine but it worked great. i will one day when they start to get a little beat up. good luck man
Old 07-14-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Son of a bitch, I did it, passanger side turned out great, driver side, for some reason left freakin a scratched up look, kida like if you took somehting rough and rubbed it on the paint. Grrrrrrr. Its not too noticable, but to me I know its there, I dont know why one side came off good and the other didnt, even used the same method. Goo gone got the crap off, but its like the adheasive pulled some of the paint off. Do you think I can clay bar this, or buff it out? Damn it, it looks so bad *** too, Im still happy I did this, and I recommend it to everyone.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Addict

little buffing should work fine, try a scratch remover or just s polisher.. should work just fine
Old 07-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

I did it and worked great accept my Trans Am badges turned blue-ish. The only thing i can think of is that I got goo-gone on them. It was only on the car for 2 min and then washed off. anyone know how i can fix that or should i just rip the badges off too?
Old 07-15-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Addict

i would probably end up ripping badges off to, unless i had blue accents all over the car there gone
Old 07-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

So I decided to jump on the bandwagon and take mine off, I just finished and I still gotta clean up a little but here are a few quick pics of mine..

I'm very happy with how it looks now especially since mine were turning a faded pink..
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
little buffing should work fine, try a scratch remover or just s polisher.. should work just fine
tried it, think of it this way, its like the paint bubbled or splotched in some places where I lifted it up. Passanger side looks great, but this is the drivers side. I think Im going to wip the buffer out, then if that doesnt work maybe clay bar it, then if that, wet sand the bitch. God it does look super sweet now that it is gone, my fiance noticed it gone right away without me even saying a word. Good eye.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Regular

i took my molding off my camaro.... looks good... where the tape was is the cleanes... but some spots the way the molding was shaped it rubbed the car so theres a light line... u barely notice it though.....
Old 07-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I took both off on mine, now I'm thinking of adding decals similar to what the Firehawks have but in the Trans Am script just like the lettering, just in a sleek decal instead of the bulky letters on the side. Going to do "Ram Air" on the hood and "Trans Am" on the doors of my LT1 WS6 in the same colors as the factory WS6 badge (a darker true red with a silver outline). The side molding and the bulky letters make the car look funky but with all that gone and a decal it keeps it sleek and still brings a little bit of color to the side of the car.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

well im glad to see i helped out a lil bit