Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

NEED IN DEPTH HELP: Finish My LT1 WS6's Appearance

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Car is VERY clean as is. I would do 98+ tails untinted, put the hood decal back on but maybe with the colors reversed?(maybe photoshop it to see), get stainless fill-ins for the back, untint the rear side markers, body color the handles/locks, and call it a day.

On a side note, photoshop the door lettering back on there but in both color combos(red lettering/charcoal outline, vice versa)

Hope that helps!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok i didnt read all the posts but heres my say. do a charcoal (to match the wheels) ceta, ls1 tail lights, i like the red/ grey decals on the sides of the hood a lot, but i think id do the dragon w56 emblems all around also. delete side molding/ side lettering if not already done. just my .02.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Junkie

i would do the ceta and the calipers the color of the wheels, change the tails and call it done
Old 07-11-2007, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I say since you are mentioning stainless you get muffinbusters rear inlays and front hood grills. Then instead of doing stripes of any kind-I used to like stripes when I was younger but now just see them as cluttering the car and advertising you are some kind of boy racer. And to have a color contrast on the car do the full ceta treatment as in roof and mirrors like myself or sgtspuds. Then the only emblem you should leave on is the red ws6 emblem or possibly the black ws6 emblem like on the ceta. Forget the ram air stainless script or regular decal it just takes away from the outline of the best looking hood for the lt1 bird. Then for light you can leave the front corners clear and the rear red. Then if you still feel you need more red you can put a red decal on the wheel center and leave the ls1 tails untinted and leave a smooth black rear center section. Then to finish it all put some corsa clones on it be happy leave it alone and then stare at a great looking ride.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Hey the car looks good like it is!

Go ahead and put the red emblems on that will look good.. The only other thing I would do to that car is lower it an inch or 2 and put 19' rims on it and I think it would look perfect.. But hey man it is your car. A car reflects our personality and tastes be unique that is why it is your car
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Thanks guys. Alot of really good advice and I do agree less is more.

Originally Posted by coldkillinTA
The Car is VERY clean as is. I would do 98+ tails untinted, put the hood decal back on but maybe with the colors reversed?(maybe photoshop it to see), get stainless fill-ins for the back, untint the rear side markers, body color the handles/locks, and call it a day.

On a side note, photoshop the door lettering back on there but in both color combos(red lettering/charcoal outline, vice versa)

Hope that helps!
I think that hit the nail on the head. I think I'll do everything coldkillin talked about and leave the door lettering off until the end, then play around and see if adding it would help or hurt the car (although I think its staying off). I'll be on the hunt for some 98+ tails locally as ebay and parts places want $300 for a set of taillights.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Great looking ride. With that said, I would

- return the rear markers to clear lights to keep with the white.
- Add the ram air decals to the hood silver/red outline..nothing more
- Paint the doorhandles black (as mentioned before)
- 98+ honeycomb taillights tinted but not blacked out
- Stainless Ram air grills - my car is the pic advertised for muffinbuster on ebay
- stainless inserts for the pontiac
- color match ceta to rims
- silver with red outlined firebird for center panel(just like the ram air on front)
- remove front bumper bird if still there
- paint calipers the rim color with darker silver/red outlined Trans Am.

I think that will finish things up. The looks fantastic as it sits but those are my suggestions. Good luck.

-Brian
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

PLEASE, i repeat PLEASE DO NOT put those hideous rivet wheels on the car, the polished wheels on there look great, rivets =
Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM

Rivets I can go either way on, they dont bother me. I'm not keeping up with two sets of polished wheels though and they dont make an 18" Argent Z06 with polished lips without the rivets so the rivets are going on.

Blackbird, very clean LT1 you have yourself. I think I like alot of the ideas you're talking about but I will not do a CETA valance in anything other than black because to me it just doesn't look right. Also the calipers are Z06 calipers and have the CORVETTE lettering built into them so I cant add any kind of other lettering. Aside from the calipers and CETA I'm basically with you all the way. I was looking at the stainless grille inserts already and I like your idea on the center tail piece to bring the theme full circle. From what I can tell in your signature picture the door lettering looks good on there too so that may be something I experiment with.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I take back the CETA color idea...it would look weird. Thanks for the compliments on my bird btw. I am partial on my side lettering and may go to a stainless set from muffinbuster. I think they stick out too far for my liking but do match the ram air decals on the hood. I think it will look great once you get everything going. Def keep us posted with the results.

-Brian
Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 PM

This car has me thinking otherwise. I thought stripes would make the front end look longer but it doesn't... at least in this picture. It also takes care of the added front color and side color, but there is no way I can do Blackbird stripes in red. Possibly argent colored blackbird stripes with a red pinstripe or just all argent with red Ram Air lettering and LS1 tails?

I guess its either that or go the route of getting polished stuff into the car with red Ram Air hood decals. I'm leaning towards the cleaner route but that black car above looks so good its ridiculous and has me second guessing myself.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

I love the clean look. Do not touch your car.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:19 AM

Got the 18" Z06 Motorsports in. They look alot better than I thought they were going to. I'm excited to get them on this weekend. Now I'm considering one of two routes...

Darker red/silver "Ram Air" and "Trans Am" hood and door lettering in the appropriate fonts in colors as close to the factory WS6 emblem as I can get

OR

No door lettering, Blackbird stripes on the hood, most likely silver

Leaning towards the Ram Air and Trans Am decals to bring a touch of red and silver into the car to compliment the calipers and the wheel lips which will also be complimented by the polished rear inserts and MAYBE polished hood grilles (thinking I'm going to leave them black though).
Old 07-28-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Check out my link and veiw my 95 T/A. I did the ceta and decals in charcoal metallic and my calipers I painted red. I also got the Macewen gauge faces in silver and painted my console, radio bezel, and door bezels and swithpanels in Charcoal metallic so the interior matched the exterior. I thought it looked sharp. Unfortunatly I don't have pics of it with the 02 taillights and clearcorners in front I put on after. If you want you can go to encoremotorcars.com where I traded it in for my 02 hawk and they got the pics of car I didn't. Hope this helps. That T/A of yours is sweet bro!!

Quick Reply: NEED IN DEPTH HELP: Finish My LT1 WS6's Appearance