Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Arizen Racing Sports Needs Your Opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
I can understand that it is a PITA with little to no profit margin(
The shop that has been making them claims they are not a very profitable item for them. They make items for other customers that are thousands of dollars and now they almost hide when they see us coming to ask for more. I think they are at the point they will not want to make them unless we have them make a large volume of them at a time. Unfortunately, it will not be worth it for us to spend considerable money to inventory brackets only to sell most of them to people who have other companies seats and at a price where we made next to nothing. I'd go back to wedge one set at a time before I'd do that.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i really like your seats, and i wouldnt hesitate spending 800 bucks on seats. I work on race porsches all day, and work on all of farnbacher-loles, and hairydogg garage cars, and ill tell you guys, cheap seats.. are well cheap. Ive sat in about every race seat you guys can think of, and you can realy tell, and feel the diffrence in the recaros, cobras, all the higher ends, and they are twice as much as your seats. Maybe its just me, but when you see a cheap race seat thats been broken in half from an accident,you realize how important a good seat is, if you want a cheap seat, get a kirkey, but i plan on driving my car around alot on every nice day i can, and the most annoying thing is having a shitty seat.

i will say however i think you guys need a little more options for the pontiac crowd, the SS seats look amazing, but im not too fond of the firebird logo, id love to see a ws6 or even ramair for the seats.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I would stock up on cheap black leather/vinyl seats and sell those. Charge more for the custom stuff, people are used to paying more to get custom work done.

You might also carry other brands, that way you become THE source for online seat purchases.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:34 AM

1. Your seate weigh too much.
2. Pricing is right there with a Corbeau seat. (Why would I buy yours) Corbeau weighs less. Corbeau is a known name in the market.
3. Your seats look kind of RICE (race inspired cometic enhancement) to me. A race seat should weigh a lot less.

4. If you need a seat for a harness, you need a cage. If you are into racing..........Weight matters.
5. Again Pricing.

Just my opinion, but you did ask for it.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by davered00ss
2. Pricing is right there with a Corbeau seat. (Why would I buy yours) Corbeau weighs less. Corbeau is a known name in the market.
3. Your seats look kind of RICE (race inspired cometic enhancement) to me. A race seat should weigh a lot less.

4. If you need a seat for a harness, you need a cage. If you are into racing..........Weight matters.
5. Again Pricing.

Yes, we did and appreciate the feedback. The truth is we are a small family run business and have no desire to be a large size business to compete with the major brands. Although everybody sells these as "racing seats" we realize many people buying them are putting them in daily drivers where comfort and reclineability is more important. We are speaking with a US manufacturer of custom fiberglass body components currently to team up and make lighter seats here in the states but these will be a fixed seat. If I had a "race car" with a cage I would not have a reclineable seat. There is a reason no reclineable seat meets FIA standards. But our current seat is fine for light track/autocross use.

Since your in Plainfield CT we should meet up sometimes. I know you wouldn't buy anything but at least you could give your opinion again to members after having sat in the seats yourself. I'm within a half hour.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:35 AM

Where are you located? A couple friends and I are looking. 2 Stang guys do Autocross, so I don't think weight is a big deal to them. For me I'm looking at the CR1 corbeau's.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Where are you located? A couple friends and I are looking. 2 Stang guys do Autocross, so I don't think weight is a big deal to them. For me I'm looking at the CR1 corbeau's.
I live in Uncasville and always have seats at my home office. I will post in the local forum to see if anyone local would like to see a seat late today. I have a custom Ebony factory style insert seat that will be shipped out soon.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:49 AM

There is an Autocross event once a month at the old Plainfield Grayhound park parking lot. That would be a good place to show off the seats. I will say my stock SS leather seats are like a slip & slide.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Ocean beach cruis nite on Monday's. Also a great place.

Berlin TPKE on a saturday nite.

Hooters car show on friday nites.

Dyno days at Dez Racing or Eastside performance.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Launching!

I will say my stock SS leather seats are like a slip & slide.
I'd like to see you slide in my leather seats! If you have ebony leather I'd drive to Plainfield if you'd be around late today to show you a seat before I ship it.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:23 AM

sent pm. I can come look at them now. I have a friend who also wants to see them. He is looking for seats for his stang & autocross. He is big into the auto-X sceen locally. Car has a $7500 Maxium motorsports suspention.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how about a suede option and a more user friendly site?

what i like about your seats is the seatbelt guides. thats what stopped me from buying seats long ago, but now i have no excuse
Old 07-22-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

5. Again Pricing.

Have you ever sat in a Corbeau seat? They are the biggest pieces of **** ever, I am ashamed that I was looking into getting one. I am clueless as to how they are still on the market. I currently have a Sparco, it would be hard to pry me out of that but I have never sat in an Arizen seat.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Launching!

I can vouch for the quality of Arizen's seats. They are really top notch. Not at all what you'd expect from a "budget seat" as far as quality is concerend. The stitching and leather work is excellent--everything is tight and nice, no sagging or loose leather, no sloppy stitching, etc.. They are also suprisingly comfortable. I'm a 32" waist, and their 21" wide seat is very comfortable for me; the bolsters aren't too tight or constricting--in fact, they may be about 1" too wide for me, but that's just personal fitment. Anyways, as someone who owns a set of Arizen seats, I just wanted to drop in here and give my impression on them.

I've sat in Corbeaus, and got a feel for their quality. From what I can see, the Arizen seat is clearly superior. Not to mention that for around the same price, you're getting leather seats, and not a really cheap cloth material.

As for those that mentioned weight, the seats are on the heavy side, but lets put things into perspective. These are full recline, tilt back, comfortable leather seats. If one is concerned about weight, they should be looking at fixed back, cloth seats with either a carbon fiber or fiberglass shell. And honestly, a seat such as that only weighs 10 or 15lbs less than the Arizen seat. When talking about 3500lb 4th gen F-bodies, is 20 or 30lbs on seats, really going to make that much of a difference? Yes, every little bit counts, but these seats aren't hardly any heavier than the stockers, if at all (I'm not sure on the stock seat weights).

As for my opinion, Mark:

I think you should continue to do the custom work for those that desire it, but also stock some plain jane black leather, cloth, and vinyl seats for the budget oriented.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Resident

Wow. Didn't realize Arizen was in CT. Id love to actually come sit in a seat if I were to purchase it. I would not like having to order something to have to sit in EVERY time I drive my car without previously having felt it (and know its going to be comfy). Me personally would love to have an all cloth seat- I kinda hate leather unless its a big truck seat.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Specialized
Wow. Didn't realize Arizen was in CT. Id love to actually come sit in a seat if I were to purchase it. I would not like having to order something to have to sit in EVERY time I drive my car without previously having felt it (and know its going to be comfy). Me personally would love to have an all cloth seat- I kinda hate leather unless its a big truck seat.
Let's pick a time for you to come by and see for yourself. Davered00ss just left and you may be able to get an opinion from him now that he's seen them and sat in them in person
Old 07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by arizen
I have a custom Ebony factory style insert seat that will be shipped out soon.
Here are a few picks of our latest custom Camaro seat. We will be adding seat belt guides to it tomorrow and taking more pictures. This is o/e Ebony leather with factory style inserts. We have a couple of people that have inquired about these already and will honor any quotes we've given but our prices are going up on custom stuff like this. We will entertain group purchases in o/e Ebony, Med. Neutral, Lt. Grey, etc leather from members ready to purchase at the same time.

We will start a new thread on these as well before we hijack our own thread.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Looks amazing
Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats an amazing idea guys. i think i might have to get a set of those instead of the solid ones

edit: i'm already in for a GP
Old 07-22-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Grifter
Have you ever sat in a Corbeau seat? They are the biggest pieces of **** ever, I am ashamed that I was looking into getting one. I am clueless as to how they are still on the market. I currently have a Sparco, it would be hard to pry me out of that but I have never sat in an Arizen seat.

Yes I have sat in a few corbeau seats, as well as racaro, sparco and a few others. I really like the CR1 and it weighs 23#'s.

Quick Reply: Arizen Racing Sports Needs Your Opinions!