Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Finalizing the GTO :: A Few Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 17's look sic like that. post pics once your done!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

I will for sure. Here are some more pictures of the idea.

First picture in this thread shows the exact lines I'll be going with but in black instead of charcoal:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=12

This is the original car that gave me the idea with more pictures and a few close-up shots:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=14

It definitely doesn't turn them into an super nice, but it does enhance the look of the 17s for sure. I think the 17s are just too chunky and busy looking and it makes them look a little thinner and larger without looking so bulky and busy.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Ducktail spoiler (thinking it'll be too big but if it isn't I think it might compliment my front splitter very nicely):

Tint the tails like this.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by josh99ta
I will for sure. Here are some more pictures of the idea.

First picture in this thread shows the exact lines I'll be going with but in black instead of charcoal:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=12

This is the original car that gave me the idea with more pictures and a few close-up shots:

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=14

It definitely doesn't turn them into an super nice, but it does enhance the look of the 17s for sure. I think the 17s are just too chunky and busy looking and it makes them look a little thinner and larger without looking so bulky and busy.
I didn't think it looked to good in your photoshop but I figured I had been negative enough so I kept my mouth shut

These new pics it looks a LOT better BUT I still would do this instead:

I plan to do this to my lady's Goat
Old 08-02-2007, 07:12 AM

Seem, thats not my style. I'm trying to get away from the flower petal look of the stock wheels and as they're only temporary for a few winter months the other option is a far better choice IMO. Although I am thinking of doing it in charcoal now as a throwback to the Rallye II wheels on the old Pontiacs instead of black.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

that 17" wheel paint mod looks nice. By getting rid of the inner stepped lip, it also makes them appear larger than 17". I'd go with black, so they hide the unwanted areas better.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by f50nut
Tony I usually agree with your suggestions, but I have to disagree on that nose. The GTO nose just works better with the two hood scoops..

As far as the spoiler, your car pulls off the stock one very well so I would leave it alone. If you have to change it for the sake of changing it, the smaller lip looks better with your modest chin spoiler.

Your GTO is damn near perfect the way it sits.
I think the Monaro front clip resembles that of the Malibu (the front wheel drive model when they were re-introduced) minus the fog lamp "cuts".

And the smaller spoiler would be a better addition and pair-up for your chin spoiler.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

i would say that your car is a contributing factor in my decision of getting one too. but as far as what you need to do, lipspoiler and thats it.....

......well....maybe.....a.......few nitrous bottles painted to match, with billit mounts.

people arent going to see much of your car from the rear, lol, so no need to worry what it looks like from the side, right?

brody
Old 08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

josh, i think your car looks perfect as is...just a thought. I know its hard to maintain but it is the best looking Goat I've seen. Please don't repaint it, at least. I say it looks great now, its your car, so do whatever you want and love it but I just wanted to say the Goat is dead sexy now.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks great dont change it
Old 08-05-2007, 11:15 PM

Well for now it'll be unchanged. I know I'm just getting restless with it on the stock 17s. I think probably the only change that might really go down is the JHP lip spoiler. The more I look at it the more I like how it would match my front splitter. I'm going to have to see another one in person though to be sure as I didn't like the first one I saw in person enough to warrant the cost but we'll see.

Quick Reply: Finalizing the GTO :: A Few Ideas