Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Three of the most Badass pics I have of my Camaro!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

perfect pictures!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the pictures look Damn good! The last one, the tires look Meaty. One great looking car Steve
Old 10-12-2007, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

3rd pic rules!!!

Steve how wide are your rear wheels? 18x11 or 18x12?

What offset?
Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
3rd pic rules!!!

What offset?
dang someone bumped steve's ugly car pics,noooo
Old 10-13-2007, 10:02 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
3rd pic rules!!!

What offset?
17 x 11" with 335's. 50mm

Last edited by SPECIALIZED STAINLESS; 10-13-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 on the billit grill here
Old 10-13-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome car, I love the CME
Old 10-13-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great pictures, but an ordinary looking black Camaro IMO.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:53 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Y2K Pewter SS
Great pictures, but an ordinary looking black Camaro IMO.
Have you seen my orange peel free black paint or engine bay? Just curious what you think is ordinary about my Camaro?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by toofazt
Have you seen my orange peel free black paint or engine bay? Just curious what you think is ordinary about my Camaro?
Yes, to answer your first question.

I know the story behind your Camaro and I am not trying to be a jerk here, its clean and well cared for. Looking at the pictures of your Camaro, nothing stands out to me as giving it personality. There are a lot of little things I would personally change, but we all have our own preferences. There is just nothing that reaches out and grabs me about your Camaro. The engine bay is dressed nicely, but its lacking that WOW! factor IMO.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:15 PM
FormerVendor

Yes, to answer your first question.

I know the story behind your Camaro and I am not trying to be a jerk here, its clean and well cared for. Looking at the pictures of your Camaro, nothing stands out to me as giving it personality. There are a lot of little things I would personally change, but we all have our own preferences. There is just nothing that reaches out and grabs me about your Camaro. The engine bay is dressed nicely, but its lacking that WOW! factor IMO.
Ok... I'm not saying your wrong in any way, thanks for your opinions.

What would you do differently to make it stand out more? One thing I'm doing is getting rid of the billet grill (I already made a post about it) and I'm in the process of wrapping the plastic interior panels in leather, although that doesn't stand out much either... I guess the whole theme of my car is subtle, but unmistakably stands out from the rest
Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok... I'm not saying your wrong in any way, thanks for your opinions.

What would you do differently to make it stand out more? One thing I'm doing is getting rid of the billet grill (I already made a post about it) and I'm in the process of wrapping the plastic interior panels in leather, although that doesn't stand out much either... I guess the whole theme of my car is subtle, but unmistakably stands out from the rest
The most important thing I would change would be the wheels, some unique wheels would really help your Camaro's look. The grille would be on my list to change and the turnsignals and sidemarkers. I would shop for some smoked sidemarkers and turnsignals, that would look much better on the black than the red and amber IMO. What grille do you have in mind?
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 PM
FormerVendor

The most important thing I would change would be the wheels, some unique wheels would really help your Camaro's look. The grille would be on my list to change and the turnsignals and sidemarkers. I would shop for some smoked sidemarkers and turnsignals, that would look much better on the black than the red and amber IMO. What grille do you have in mind?
I would love some rims, but they are just too damn expensive! The only thing I have in the wheel department is the 335's...

I got some clear smoked turn signals but the quality was **** compared to the stockers. I'm real picky about after market parts, so that's why most of the time I stick w/ OEM. Maybe I'll give them a coat of VHT?

Take a look here for the grills: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/798207-time-change-grills-opinions.html
Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your car is one of the few cars around here that can pull off those painted rims! Love the pics and love the car!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would love some rims, but they are just too damn expensive! The only thing I have in the wheel department is the 335's...

I got some clear smoked turn signals but the quality was **** compared to the stockers. I'm real picky about after market parts, so that's why most of the time I stick w/ OEM. Maybe I'll give them a coat of VHT?

Take a look here for the grills: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798207
Wheels are expensive, but they are probably the single most important appearance mod to any car. They set the tone for the appearance and I think thats what your Camaro is missing. You have a great paint job, nicely done engine bay, the stripes are a nice touch and CME but the wheels are nothing special. Its like having a hot girlfriend with a great body, beautiful face but she is a redhead instead of being brunette etc.

That colormatched bowtie grille would look great IMO, huge improvement over the billet

The VHT idea would be a good alternative, and if you didn't like it, you can always pick up another set of OEM ones dirt cheap.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:40 PM
FormerVendor

Wheels are expensive, but they are probably the single most important appearance mod to any car. They set the tone for the appearance and I think thats what your Camaro is missing. You have a great paint job, nicely done engine bay, the stripes are a nice touch and CME but the wheels are nothing special. Its like having a hot girlfriend with a great body, beautiful face but she is a redhead instead of being brunette etc.

That colormatched bowtie grille would look great IMO, huge improvement over the billet

The VHT idea would be a good alternative, and if you didn't like it, you can always pick up another set of OEM ones dirt cheap.
Yeah, I honestly really like my ZR1's though I'd love to pick up some cleared polished iforged or fikse rims but can't bring myself to drop $3K down on some used rims, lol. We'll see though. I'm going to continue to make the car how I want until I sell or trade it I'd like to work on the suspension, maybe lower it an inch... Mini tub or flared fenders anyone
Old 10-13-2007, 08:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by c0ncEpT
Your car is one of the few cars around here that can pull off those painted rims! Love the pics and love the car!
Thanks man.

Quick Reply: Three of the most Badass pics I have of my Camaro!