Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

T84 headlight part numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default T84 headlight part numbers?

Does anybody have the part numbers for T84 export headlights for LS1 Camaro's? I've been searching and all I keep finding are different threads saying T84's are the export for RH rule of road cars (like Germany). I know they're a way better light pattern than stock...but I can't find part numbers anywhere...if they're even still available from GM.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Back up to the top
Old 08-27-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Nobody knows?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Aren't dealer parts only available through the market where such models were offerred? If thats the case, those lights would only be available in Europe, even if you get a part number, it might not be available in the US, I know that since I did work for two years at a dealership on the parts department.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

No, I know a LOT of guys running T84 headlights on Impala SS's...bought them in America.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I found the part numbers, and they still show up in GM inventory...I think if I get them I'll need to do some custom work though as they apparently include leveling actuators that would hook up to a switch on the console in a car that came with them...I'd rather just aim them normally...not sure if I'll buy them, I need to see a picture of a Camaro from Germany that has them in it.

Part numbers are 16525315 and 16525316
Old 08-29-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't really know what exactly you were refering to.... got any pics?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

No, I wish I did. T84's for Impala's put out light that is comparable to what BMW's and other "fancy" cars put out...nice flat even light pattern rather than 2 beams, really sharp light cutoff (so as not to blind other drivers) and then on the right hand side of the road the pattern angles upward to light up signs. There's also a left hand rule of road light that is otherwise the same, but we obviously need right hand rule of road lights in America. This is due to some stricter laws for lighting in Germany, so all "T84" spec lights for all GM cars should be a very similar/comparable light pattern.

I know at least for Impala's, the lenses are glass not plastic, but I've got a few friends who've had them for over 10 years and haven't had any damge to them. They change the look of the front end of an Impala a lot...I'm actually hoping that is not the case with the Camaro T84's.

If anyone has a picture of a Camaro with T84 lights (someone from Germany, or someone who's bought them from GM), please post it up. Maybe a pic of the "level adjuster" switch off the console too if you have one.

I'll probably buy a set in a few weeks, I'd just like to make sure of what they look like and if I can make them fit into the stock aiming bracketry before I drop $500 on them. Reason I'd rather get them than some aftermarket stuff is I really hate how Halo's look, and I don't trust aftermarket made projectors to be an OEM quality light. The stock light output really isn't that bad...but every time I ride in my roomates BMW (which isn't a car with HID's or projectors, halogens with WAY better reflectors than our cars) I wish I had that light output from my Camaro.

Quick Reply: T84 headlight part numbers?