5.50%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

One Picture Of my car! Oh Yeah New SS hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver UltraZ
Ur car is plain bro. Ur trans am was Plain. Ur probally plain. But it's ok. Its ur style.
hmmm ... those cars are pretty nice to be so damn plain

Last edited by Adam_346; 09-14-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

not my "styyyle"..rims are too phat..
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

I like the 19's They look nice 9.5 all the way around
Old 09-14-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

...looks great, keep the GFX too
Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Hmm lets see... Our cars are not corvettes leave that staggered **** for corvettes. And the smaller lip in the front is ok, but the deep lip all the way around looks sick.. U havent seen it before have you? Nope I bet you havent. Ur afraid to get away from the crowd. Never have I ever dawged you plain *** style. Ur car is plain bro. Ur trans am was Plain. Ur probally plain. But it's ok. Its ur style.

Haha, damn you get butthurt quick. Dont get pissed at me because I speak up and tell you you're running SUV/truck style wheels on your "sports car." Opinions are like... well you know the rest. You posted up, you asked for it, and I stated my opinion. Deal with it man. I've seen deep lips up front on plenty of cars and every time I see it I think of how much better it would look with a staggered setup. I dont speak about things I dont know and I certainly dont talk out of my ***.

Staggered = staggered in width, front wheels skinnier than rears (my front wheels are 19x8.5, rear are 19x10, thats what I'm talking about, not 19/20 or 18/19 setups, although on your car or any other F-Body 20s up front just dont look right IMO, but a 19/20 setup looks nice when done right and some 19s up front with an inch less lip would make that car of yours look killer IMO).

Camaros, Firebirds, Corvettes, Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Mustangs, Supras, 240s, and any other RWD high horsepower sports car. Look at any of them. What do you see in anywhere from street to drag to road racing applications? What do you see in any higher quality wheel setup? On any of those setups that have lips on the wheels you'll see a staggered wheel setup with wider wheels with deeper lips in the rear and shallower lips up front 99% of the time (the exception is autocross and road racing apps that put as much meat all around as possible or guys like you who prefer the look, who are in the vast minority).

Now go look at trucks and SUVs with nice wheels, what do you see? Wheels the same front and back with deep lips all around. I see a dozen of them everyday. I live in Tennessee man, its truck and SUV nation out here. And I see that stuff everyday. I dont see well setup staggered setups everyday though. So from where I'm from what you're running is the norm. What you're running is following the crowd. So way to be different there man. You sure did a great job.

I'll keep my plain *** style that gets compliments across the board and you can keep that G'd out SUV **** and your pimple faced fanboys with their sideways hats for yourself buddy.

Looking forward to a retort. The last one has me in stitches.

Last edited by josh99ta; 09-14-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 PM
TECH Resident

I always like how it comes down to Im just a kid, Do you think I mod my car to make you happy? Hmm Must be nice, I believe u owe money on your car, U park you **** out side.... Hmmm Stop spending money on a car... Get a job bro... maybe that payment on that GTO is worth parking it outside... weird. But you right, Im just a pimle faced kid.. Right... Ok.. Ur right Im 23 years old... but my 4 year degree doesnt prove to you that just becuase people like big wheels means they are thugs. Whatever man. Have a good one. Im a finance Manager for a lending institution. Let me know when you need another loan to get wheels or another car (We offer credit cars to).
Most things people post on here doesnt bother me. But for some odd reason ur comments always **** me off. Have a good day. Or as you think I would say... Word to your mother dawg.. Or something to the extent of that. F*ck off.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

But anyway, Sorry about that everyone. Anyone else? Ha Ha
Old 09-15-2007, 12:38 AM

I always like how it comes down to Im just a kid, Do you think I mod my car to make you happy? Hmm Must be nice, I believe u owe money on your car, U park you **** out side.... Hmmm Stop spending money on a car... Get a job bro... maybe that payment on that GTO is worth parking it outside... weird. But you right, Im just a pimle faced kid.. Right... Ok.. Ur right Im 23 years old... but my 4 year degree doesnt prove to you that just becuase people like big wheels means they are thugs. Whatever man. Have a good one. Im a finance Manager for a lending institution. Let me know when you need another loan to get wheels or another car (We offer credit cars to).
Most things people post on here doesnt bother me. But for some odd reason ur comments always **** me off. Have a good day. Or as you think I would say... Word to your mother dawg.. Or something to the extent of that. F*ck off.
Classic as usual.

If thats the best you can do to reply to a comment of mine I'm glad my comments **** you off. You obviously cant handle constructive criticism. Every post in this thread and especially in past threads that has said something negative about your wheels or your ground effects or anything else you've replied back by brushing it off or making a backhanded comment towards the poster and their opinion. If you cant handle people not liking your style then dont post your style on a board full of people with opinions. As for me, in your eyes my car and style may be plain jane. Thats fine. I'm not loosing any sleep over it. When people like the things you do and compliment you on them its a great feeling (I even complimented you on your hood in this thread) but everyone isn't always going to agree with everything you do... and thats ok. Because I mod for myself. And I'm certainly not getting bent out of shape and telling people to "f*** off" on an internet board where I posted pictures of my car asking for opinions.

You assume I dont have a job? You assume I took out a loan or charged my mods on credit? You assume I have problems with my living conditions? I guess you assume you know everything about where I've been, the things I've been through, the opportunities I've had, and a whole slew of other things that you've pinned on me without knowing one thing about me.

And honestly none of that matters, because this post isn't about me or my life (#1 because its about your car and #2 because I'm where I'm at because I want to be here and I couldn't care less what you think about it). I've got a great job, pay cash for the things I have, and live where I want to live. I'm where I want to be, I'm headed to where I want to go, and I certainly dont have to justify that to anyone (including you).

But ultimately you can think whatever you want. Thats your right just like your car reflects your opinion. And I've got my rights and my opinions and the things I do reflect those as well. I guess the difference is that I respect others opinions whereas you attempt to dismiss, diminish, and disrespect them.

For what its worth I'm sitting here on my couch watching Sportscenter and replying to this post in as cool and calm a manner as I would be if I wasn't on the computer at all. I'm just playing devil's advocate, poking some fun, and making a little point on the side. I'm not that much older than you, "kid." I've got you by a year but turning 24 isn't going to magically make you start respecting other people's opinions or give you the ability to handle constructive criticism. Thats all on you my man. Keep it coming if you want. I know I'm basically talking to a brick wall but its amusing late night entertainment. You certainly aren't going to change my opinion and I know you're not going to read one of my posts and all of the sudden pull your head out of your *** but it'll come with time.

And here's a little tip for the night. Dont take life (or yourself) so seriously "kid," its too short.

Last edited by josh99ta; 09-15-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:53 AM

I also think its funny that my GTO is plain jane to you.

Your car = stock "ram air" hood, aftermarket headlights, ground effects, grille, big wheels

My GTO = stock "ram air" hood, aftermarket headlights, grille, big wheels

Pretty similar scheme actually, and I've actually got a non-boring colored car (but I suppose I get dinged on the lazy body lines huh). Oh I know, if I threw some ground effects on my junk it would be ridin' big, yo!? Right?

Look, obviously our opinions on cars differ, and thats ok, but since you dont want my opinion on car stuff at least let me help you outside the garage.

Last edited by josh99ta; 09-15-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Let me go on record saying, Im an idiot. Josh99ta, Very respectful, I retract my statements. Im hot headed. Kind of dumb to be like that over the internet... Just seems like I have to come into this forum with my gloves up, all the time. I dont post much. I am more of an outsider looking in. I look at everything on this forum. Everything. A lot of you have complimented my car. I apreciate it. A lot of you hate my car. I realize I apreciate it also. I guess if you were all like me, my car wouldnt be original. Thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

The funny thing is... The picture I've posted was actually inspired by Josh99ta... Take the picture of his Trans Am and a picture of the GTO mixed together... Hmm Weird
Old 09-15-2007, 02:21 AM

Its all good man. I was actually going to comment on your picture too but we got sidetracked.

Good background, good lighting, and good exposure. A few inches higher angle, the car slightly up in the frame, and somehow altering the angle of the car to get rid of that door in front of the car and you've got a really, really nice picture.

And nice pup in your avatar too. Great looking dog. Shouldn't have cropped those ears though.

Are we seeing a pattern yet? I may play devil's advocate, pick out nitpicky stuff, or bust ***** from time to time, but its only when there is potential there... plenty of posts slide by that I dont say a word about for one reason or another, but if there is a car that is really nice but could use a change or two IMO, a picture that is almost spot on and has potential but could use a few tweaks, or a good looking dog that I wish could be de-modded so to speak I'll throw my 2 cents in if I feel the need.

Its all in good fun though. I never take anything too seriously. If you cant laugh, especially at yourself, who can you laugh at? Oh yeah, Silver Ultra Z with his big wheels.

OK, I'm putting down my pot-stirring stick and hitting the hay for tonight. Take it easy guys.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any other pics of the car from a not so low angle? I'd like to see some more pics please .
Old 09-15-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, Im working on it, I lost the cable that plugs into my computer....
Old 09-17-2007, 06:24 AM
TECH Regular

This car looks great guy, especially in person! People arent going to like them because they are 20s on a camaro, and thats not "traditional" i guess. Now if that same car had z06's, TTII's, zr1's, y2k's, or c6's, well EVERYONE on here would love it.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'd keep the GFX but get a one peice Chin section. I hate the choppy look of the stock front peices otherwise that's a SEXY ride
Old 09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

I liek the front ground effect, And Thanks Kyle
Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Love the headlights but.......

Get rid of the wheels unless you are scheduled to be in the next Ice Cube video

Last edited by waldershrek; 01-14-2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Teching In

that is one sexy mofuckin car rite there i like the 20's and idk why people are knockin ur car trying to be funny its pretty dumb its a fcukin f-body whats not to like?
Old 09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

ouchhh that ride looks crisp!!! NICEE