Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do you guys clay bar every time before waxing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you guys clay bar every time before waxing?

I am planning on waxing my car pretty soon and was wondering if you guys use a clay bar everytime or not b4 waxing...my car just sits in the garage with a car cover over it so I dont know if its really needed or not but just wondering how most of you do it? Theres also some small black specks here and there on it...i think its spider crap and its hard as hell to get off....any suggestions on what to use? I'm afraid to scratch the car.
One other thing, I just got my TTII's in....any recommendations on what wheel polish to use?? (sorry if this is off topic) I have some polish from TOMZ on the way....is that good enough to use or should i go with Meguiars, etc?? Thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I only claybar a couple times a year, I usually wax about every month or month and a half.

Although if you have contaminents in the paint(like spider crap), then you probably should clay bar it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

every three to six months, depending on use, and environment should be adequate.

If you have a specific issue to resolve, there is nothing wrong with using the clay bar to treat trouble spots, rmove stubborn bugs, etc.

Just make sure you re wax the section when you are done ..
Old 09-17-2007, 10:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

A quick way to check the condition of your paint is to place a plastic baggy over your hand and gently slide it over the surface. You will be able to feel and hear how contaminant-free your paint may be.

The use of the clay bar will give you direct and greater bonding to the paint surface not to the contaminants. This will result in easier application and removal and longer lasting protection.

We offer the 100 gram cool gray mild composition clay bar (TC-1) by Auto Wax Company, the makers of Clay Magic. You can make your own clay lube using a dedicated car wash concentrate. Use plenty of lube for contaminant removal and you'll be fine.

Feel free to contact us with any questions at steve@tropi-care.com.

Quick Reply: Do you guys clay bar every time before waxing?