TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
***** ****** Ugly Thats Embarrasing
lol
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Kenny, you ever worked with Nitrogen? I'm considering a 10-20lb aluminum NO2 bottle and regulator as opposed to compressors and tanks. Something about the compressor sound and the wait for more air just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm wondering how many lifts I could get with a 10lb bottle and what it would cost to refill it. Do you know any websites or such to find that info?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slammed1500
lol
lol ^^^ well dude i cant stop watching the video, its awesome.

i must say the car might look better with rims, like some 19 inch c6 zo6s, i know alot of people have them, but they would look good. its not my car, just figured id throw that out, you probably spent a fourtune on those already. all in all the car is awesome. all the guys saying its gay and whatever, they suck. lol. beast motor too. im jealous.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Hey Kenny, you ever worked with Nitrogen? I'm considering a 10-20lb aluminum NO2 bottle and regulator as opposed to compressors and tanks. Something about the compressor sound and the wait for more air just doesn't sit right with me.

I'm wondering how many lifts I could get with a 10lb bottle and what it would cost to refill it. Do you know any websites or such to find that info?
and i could see that being aweful. i odnt know much about this, but what if u get stuck low and there like bumps and **** lol. thatd be aweful. id rather wait a few secs for air, then be standed a half inch from the ground lol. then again i may be missing something. i dont know much about this. im probably wrong
Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe the typical "ricer" comments are coming in again. Those are the most immature comments, don't let those guys get to you. Your putting alot of nice work and time into this car.. Mods are nice and all, but you can't sell your blood sweat and tears. Good job so far man, good luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, no more flak alright? leave the negative comments out of this thread. Seriously.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

x2^^^
Old 09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh and on that nitrous bottle drop subject, i guess if you had an emegency bottle somewhere? i dunno.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bricez28
and i could see that being aweful. i odnt know much about this, but what if u get stuck low and there like bumps and **** lol. thatd be aweful. id rather wait a few secs for air, then be standed a half inch from the ground lol. then again i may be missing something. i dont know much about this. im probably wrong
I suppose if you use it a lot and don't keep track of the bottle pressure you could get stuck in the low position. Walmart has a small 200psi 12v compressor for $30 you could use in a pinch.

If I remember right, the lift will start to slow down when the bottle pressure drops. Just don't lower the car any more until you get the bottle refilled.

With a regular tank at 200 psi. the pressure will start dropping as soon as you open the valves. That's why a bigger tank is recommended. With a bottle of nitrogen at 2,000psi and a regulator set at 200, you maintain that 200 psi thoughout the whole lift. Since my bags are going to be fighting some firm shocks and I may only lower it on special occasions, I think the nitrogen may be the way for me to go. I'll decide later on.

Last edited by JasonWW; 09-03-2008 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

sorry been away 4 a lil while damn hurricanes
did i miss anything
Old 09-23-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

sorry been away 4 a lil while damn hurricanes
did i miss anything
sorry been away 4 a lil while damn hurricane
did i miss anything?

My power is still out, but I can get online a little here and there.

Anyway, I was thinking more about a 2" body drop and I figured you (Kenny) are pretty familiar with these types of mods.

First of all, I think the best procedure would be to get an extra k-member, lower the front 4 bolt mounts by cutting and welding. Leave the back 2 mounts alone and raise the frame mount for it.

Then to clear the intake, cut out a notch above the intake and then make a simple curved fiberglass tub and bond it into place sealing up the cowl again.

Then for the raised trans tunnel, cut out the tunnel from a junk car, place it over the top of the stock one 2" higher and then trace a line around the cut. Then cut mine out and weld the new on in. That should reduce the welding by half compared to welding in a long 2" strip.

An extra bonus of raising the engine is that full length headers will be higher. Plus more ground clearance. I can fab up a new trans crossmember that is higher as well.

Think that is the best way to do it?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonWW
sorry been away 4 a lil while damn hurricane
did i miss anything?

My power is still out, but I can get online a little here and there.

Anyway, I was thinking more about a 2" body drop and I figured you (Kenny) are pretty familiar with these types of mods.

First of all, I think the best procedure would be to get an extra k-member, lower the front 4 bolt mounts by cutting and welding. Leave the back 2 mounts alone and raise the frame mount for it.

Then to clear the intake, cut out a notch above the intake and then make a simple curved fiberglass tub and bond it into place sealing up the cowl again.

Then for the raised trans tunnel, cut out the tunnel from a junk car, place it over the top of the stock one 2" higher and then trace a line around the cut. Then cut mine out and weld the new on in. That should reduce the welding by half compared to welding in a long 2" strip.

An extra bonus of raising the engine is that full length headers will be higher. Plus more ground clearance. I can fab up a new trans crossmember that is higher as well.

Think that is the best way to do it?
lot of work
but it not like i didnt do a lot of work for only 2" so

u will be cutting most of the floor out that way because of the tunnel and the headers

and u will also have 2 worry about the steering linkage

how did u make out for the hurricane
Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

lot of work
but it not like i didnt do a lot of work for only 2" so

u will be cutting most of the floor out that way because of the tunnel and the headers

and u will also have 2 worry about the steering linkage
I have lots of time to mess with it, plus I want to raise the front k-member and such so I can go lower than you.
I'd like to put the stock side skirts on the ground and have an unusually low looking ride height.

how did u make out for the hurricane
Mostly just trees and limbs down. We got those cleared the next day. The electricity, internet and phones are still out. There were quite a few days I had to eat can goods like soup and such. We have gas and it stayed working so we could cook stuff and boil water. I've spent most of my time over at a friends house who have a generator. Gas was tough to get for a while, but it's easy now and most places are back open. There's still a 12-6 curfew so everything shuts down around 10 or so. That's so freakin wierd.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe after its all painted it will look good.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think this is possible.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

alot of work done to this
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Kenny, how much suspension travel do you have front and rear?

What is your ride height set at?

Is it enough?

In case your wondering what I've been up to, I've gone off the deep end. I'm trying to work out a mid engine design. Maybe you have some suggestions for me.

Last edited by JasonWW; 07-01-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Teching In

I tried to read through the whole thread but couldnt. Dont let the haters mess with you. You are doing work most of them could never dream of doing. It's actual customization, not putting on rims and a cold air kit and calling that a customized car. And I actually think you did it with a fair amount of taste. Nice work, I'd like to see it when its all done.

Quick Reply: Project "ObseSSed"