TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eewww
Old 10-05-2007, 06:43 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMAROZ28SS
why isnt "GF's underwear" on the list??
Because there's not enough material in a g-string to be effective.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

after a 5hr detail, i put the new towel to the test. i used Meguiars #9 swirl remover, applying with a terry pad, then rubbing off with a cheapy MF. after almost 2hrs of that, i used #26 hi-tech wax, applied with another washable terry pad. i used my new Meguiars terry towel to take the wax off.....and what a differance it made. the wax cam off MUCH easier and faster with the terry then my MF, including my very high quality Meguiars MF. this wasnt just a dollar store towel, it was the one the Meguiars rep himself suggested, so i tried it. i must say, im more impressed with the towel then the MF. thick, heavy nap, very soft, very absorbent. i used the MF for the final touch ups and buffing. brilliant shine, like a black mirror. i think this has switched me from MF to quality terry for my Trans Ams. my truck and other vehicles i do, ill keep with cheap MF for wax removal.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 AM
On The Tree

microfiber IMO
Old 10-07-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
ive also heard good things about cloth baby diapers, but never got around to finding/buying them. anyone else use them?
I would not recommend them. The biggest key to protecting from scratches and swirls is Nap. High quality MF and high quality Terry have tons of nap. Baby diapers do not .. so while they are soft enough to not cause scratching by themselves, if there is any dust, dirt or other abrasive material on the finish, the risk of causing scratches and swirls with the diapers is higher than if you are using a towel that has a lot of nap.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Microfiber!!!

Just make sure if you use anything else it has to be 100% cotton and made in the USA.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Not all microfibers are create equal or designed to do every task in front of you. Ordinarily unprocessed, unsplit microfiber is used for water repellent clothing. Try and dry your car off using that microfiber.

Take a close look at our microfiber selection at www.tropi-care.com. These microfibers towels are finished in a number of ways depending upon their intended job. For drying, you have waffle weave(TC-M3) which are thick, thirsty and super absorbent to hold as much as 9 times their weight in water.

For product residue removal, our TC-M4 Super Plush towel features a long fibers and super soft texture to quickly grab and hold wax or sealants without loading up the fabric or spreading it around on the surface.

On one side of our detail towel (TC-M5), the shorter sheared side fiber allows you to glide across the surface with detail spray. In comparison, the reverse side exhibits a longer fiber to safely grab light dust and pull it away from the surface while buffing to a brilliant shine.

Cleaning glass? A specific task towel (TC-W9) that has a tightly compressed and weave texture to clean glass streak and lint-free. A dirty or excessive moisture in the towel are major contributors to streaking glass. We use one damp glass towel and a dry one for best results.

Feel free to contact us with any questions about any of our towels or other Tropi-Care products at toll-free (866)341-0050 or steve@tropi-care.com.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
For drying, you have waffle weave(TC-M3) which are thick, thirsty and super absorbent to hold as much as 9 times their weight in water.

Cleaning glass? A specific task towel (TC-W9) that has a tightly compressed and weave texture to clean glass streak and lint-free. A dirty or excessive moisture in the towel are major contributors to streaking glass. We use one damp glass towel and a dry one for best results.

Feel free to contact us with any questions about any of our towels or other Tropi-Care products at toll-free (866)341-0050 or steve@tropi-care.com.
I can speak from first hand experience with both of these products. I picked up a couple of the TC-W9 and one of the glass towels a few weeks ago .. I just got around to using them last weekend. Both are very nice products, and well worth the $$

I love the waffle weaves. I will be ordering more shortly, and will probably replace the pak shak WW's I have been using with them as I retire towels.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am going to have to try the MF towels.. What brand are you guys using and where you getting them from?

Quick Reply: Microfiber vs. Terrycloth