Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Used TROPI CARE FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tropi-care sealant looks good on your black ws6. I didn't car for it much on my pewter paint.

Did the swirl cutter get rid of any of the swirls that you can see when you look at the reflection of the sun in the paint? It didn't for me, after 2 attempts with multiple passes. I had to step up to something stronger.

Why on Earth did it take you 2 hours to apply sealant??!!! Wipe on, wait 10 min, wipe off.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Great results. As you can see, the Porter Cable buffer makes that much difference as compared to hand applications.

If you decide to do a future car show display, apply a layer of liquid or paste carnauba wax to give your black paint even greater depth. Let me know on your next order and we'll send you a sample to try for yourself.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by vMaster0fPuppets
The tropi-care sealant looks good on your black ws6. I didn't car for it much on my pewter paint.

Did the swirl cutter get rid of any of the swirls that you can see when you look at the reflection of the sun in the paint? It didn't for me, after 2 attempts with multiple passes. I had to step up to something stronger.

Why on Earth did it take you 2 hours to apply sealant??!!! Wipe on, wait 10 min, wipe off.
We're sorry your didn't achieve your desired results. Feel free to contact us regarding any questions you have about our products.

Darker colors will present with more noticeable results as compared to silver/pewters and mid-range colors. Paint depth will also be more intense. All colors can achieve great reflective properties using a sound detailing process which includes clay bar, swirl/scratch removal and final protectant to name a few steps.

Swirl Cutter is a micro-abrasive that was designed to remove ultra-fine scratches 2000 grit and finer from the surface when using a PC equipped with an orange "cutting/polishing foam" pad. Deeper and more stubborn blemishes may require the use of a yellow foam pad and more aggressive product for removal of these.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not bashing your product at all. It definitely made the car look better than it did before. It just didn't make my paint "like new" and I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

I found I needed to step up to a more aggressive polish and pad. Namely Poorboy's SSR2.5 on a 4" yellow pad. Still didn't make my paint perfect. Apparently, a rotary is needed to really work on hard GM clearcoat. I did use your polish on an orange pad to remove the marring left by the SSR2.5, followed by Optimum Polish on a white pad to bring out an even higher gloss.
As for the sealent, I just wanted a sealant that had more reflections for my pewter car. I found it in Poorboy's EX-P. I topped that with DP Maxwax afterwards, and am very sorry I did. I am impressed with its results on the black car. I don't feel its the best for lighter colors.

I am happy I bought your kit however. I love my PC, you car wash is good, and the little bottles of Quick Detailer are awesome.

I was just shocked by the 2 hours the OP spent of sealant.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Thats clean. I could realy use a PC.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by irbs
Thats clean. I could realy use a PC.
Our holiday specials just started this week. Our complete Porter Cable buffer kit (TCPC-10) is $169.99 shipped. Prices good until 12/31.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

The buffer kit and the complete detail package are my number ones on my christmas list! I can't wait to try tropicare out! I've heard nothing but good things about them. Can't beat the price either when compared to zaino.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm not bashing your product at all. It definitely made the car look better than it did before. It just didn't make my paint "like new" and I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

I found I needed to step up to a more aggressive polish and pad. Namely Poorboy's SSR2.5 on a 4" yellow pad. Still didn't make my paint perfect. Apparently, a rotary is needed to really work on hard GM clearcoat. I did use your polish on an orange pad to remove the marring left by the SSR2.5, followed by Optimum Polish on a white pad to bring out an even higher gloss.
As for the sealent, I just wanted a sealant that had more reflections for my pewter car. I found it in Poorboy's EX-P. I topped that with DP Maxwax afterwards, and am very sorry I did. I am impressed with its results on the black car. I don't feel its the best for lighter colors.

I am happy I bought your kit however. I love my PC, you car wash is good, and the little bottles of Quick Detailer are awesome.

I was just shocked by the 2 hours the OP spent of sealant.
vM:

No offense taken. All feedback is appreciated and very important to us. It is our goal to help our customers achieve their desired results when using our products.

The Swirl Cutter provides excellent results for what it was designed to do. It cuts like a micro-abrasive vs. a rubbing compound. Using an orange pad with the SC will only level the surface to a certain point.

You are correct about using the rotary to get even further refinement. It will provide fast, exceptional results and can also be very dangerous in the inexperienced user's hands.

For those deeper scratches, I have used the 3M PF II RC and yellow pad with satisfactory results. It will leaves the surface will very fine compound swirling. Then it can be readily restored with the orange/SC combo.

Here's an example where Swirl Cutter will have little effect in removing these spider scratches:

After using the 3M Perfect-It II Rubbing Compound and yellow cutting pad:

Old 11-16-2007, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

How many different cutting pads do you offer?

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

ha that looks like me haha...its awesome to have someone share working on cars with.. I have that too

oh and you car looks good
Old 11-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Yes the swirl cutter did take out alot of the swirl's in the sun, in the garage I was doing the rear quater panel with just enough sun shooting through the window to put some sun on the car, I could see the swirls leaving, keep in mind it is not perfect and there are still some deeper swirls and marks but I think i need just the compound and the yellow pad but there were many improvements. My car is always clean and I thought it was good before but now it looks even better, And on the sealant I only put 2 coats on, I put to much on the first time and it took awhile to dry and then get off,
Old 11-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Launching!

ha that looks like me haha...its awesome to have someone share working on cars with.. I have that too

oh and you car looks good [/QUOTE]

Yep she's awesome and shes the best thing that happend to me.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very sharp.I might have to try tropi-care.I use Zaino right now,but I wouldn't mind trying it once if it's cheaper.

Last edited by EVILWS6; 11-20-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks great!! I have some Tropi-care products and a porter cable and havent used them yet! And now its WAY too cold!! I will get around to it sometime..
Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 903 Likes on 644 Posts

Car looks great man. How did you do the parts like under the wing and the nose? Did you just do it by hand?

I have a red 00' Firehawk and have the really fine scratch marks. I used the NXT paste wax on it. The paint is smooth and you can see your reflection in it but under direct sunlight and under a light at night you can see them everywhere. It drives me crazy.

I assume a PC and some tropi care products would yield better results than the NXT and a micro fiber cloth.

I will have to go back and re read the long thread about PC and the different pads/polishes.

I know nothing at all about this kind of thing. The Hawk was my daily driver this year but is going into the barn pretty soon. I can't keep it as nice as I want to and drive it everyday.

I didn't mean to high jack your thread. Great looking car. My wife loves working on my car with me. It's nice having her around, I try to look down her shirt when she is working.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Striker
How many different cutting pads do you offer?

Thanks.
The Lake Country yellow "medium cutting" pad ($9.99) is the most aggressive we offer. This pad is used with compounds and polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls and scratches. It should not be used on new or like new paint finishes. Use the orange pad and finer polishes to remove micro-marring, and then lastly a white foam pad.

The orange pad ($10.99) is characterized as a "light cutting/heavy polishing" foam pad featuring firm, high density for light scratch and defect removal. For use with light abrasive polishes and swirl removal products.

A white "light polishing" pad ($9.99) features a high absorption foam formula for refining the paint until smooth. Very little cutting power is associated with this pad so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Black and blue "finishing" pads ($9.99 each) have no cutting ability and are used for applying last-step protection products.

Our holiday special features FREE shipping on product combinations valued over $30.00 through December 31, 2007. Stock up at www.tropi-care.com
Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Car looks great man. How did you do the parts like under the wing and the nose? Did you just do it by hand?

I have a red 00' Firehawk and have the really fine scratch marks. I used the NXT paste wax on it. The paint is smooth and you can see your reflection in it but under direct sunlight and under a light at night you can see them everywhere. It drives me crazy.

I assume a PC and some tropi care products would yield better results than the NXT and a micro fiber cloth.

I will have to go back and re read the long thread about PC and the different pads/polishes.

I know nothing at all about this kind of thing. The Hawk was my daily driver this year but is going into the barn pretty soon. I can't keep it as nice as I want to and drive it everyday.

I didn't mean to high jack your thread. Great looking car. My wife loves working on my car with me. It's nice having her around, I try to look down her shirt when she is working.
Yea i used hand applications on some of the car and but the pc and fit in most places just the places you cant reach do it by hand. its pretty easy to do.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

That hood pic really shows it off! looks like you could swim in that clear!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve@Tropi-Care
The Lake Country yellow "medium cutting" pad ($9.99) is the most aggressive we offer. This pad is used with compounds and polishes to remove severe oxidation, swirls and scratches. It should not be used on new or like new paint finishes. Use the orange pad and finer polishes to remove micro-marring, and then lastly a white foam pad.

The orange pad ($10.99) is characterized as a "light cutting/heavy polishing" foam pad featuring firm, high density for light scratch and defect removal. For use with light abrasive polishes and swirl removal products.

A white "light polishing" pad ($9.99) features a high absorption foam formula for refining the paint until smooth. Very little cutting power is associated with this pad so its perfect for pre-wax cleaners.

Black and blue "finishing" pads ($9.99 each) have no cutting ability and are used for applying last-step protection products.

Our holiday special features FREE shipping on product combinations valued over $30.00 through December 31, 2007. Stock up at www.tropi-care.com

Thanks for explaining that. Its gets a lil confusing to me sometimes with all these different types of pads, so i wouldnt even know which one to start with if i bought the porter cable combo from you. Is there any sort of explenations or directions that come with the goods, or just on the website only?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Striker
Thanks for explaining that. Its gets a lil confusing to me sometimes with all these different types of pads, so i wouldnt even know which one to start with if i bought the porter cable combo from you. Is there any sort of explenations or directions that come with the goods, or just on the website only?
There are like 4 pages of directions that come with it, believe it is fairly easy to use and catch on real quick you will get into and enjoy what your doing not just your car but others to your can see the results I can give you the procedure also if you want.

Quick Reply: Used TROPI CARE FINALLY!!