Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of a Camaro with a 2 on the left exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98LSI
wasn't that a factory option as well????
on SLP cars yes

and i think they meant it should be done on an LT1 and not an LS1 because it was never offered on LS1's from the factory (i don't think so at least, correct me if i'm wrong)

i personally like the look of it, and it sounds damn good. i think it'd look a long meaner with some 12" long, 3 or 3.5" chrome rolled tips
Old 11-25-2007, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Two on the left came as an option for 96-97 Camaro SS models. You can still buy the muffler through SLP but it is pricey.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
Two on the left came as an option for 96-97 Camaro SS models. You can still buy the muffler through SLP but it is pricey.
thats why i think it would look appropriate on a LT1 car but not a LS1....
Old 11-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with phantomzer0… the system sounds great! Here are a few pics of mine.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got it i love it sounds great and will do good till i get a cme
Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rabbit's97SS
I agree with phantomzer0… the system sounds great! Here are a few pics of mine.

Dude, where did you get that plate!? Its awesome!!! And what do the A and R mean?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Duals on both sides or no tips at all. Tips on just one side looks weird!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

I still have my original 1-on-the-left, but its been replaced with the loudmouth.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

It might sound pretty good, but it really does look outta place! Looks like the other side fell off or something. If I was going to go with this, I would end up getting a fake pipe to put on the other side and weld it in place so it looks better! But its your car....
Old 11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks pretty good IMO. Def a good mod to get your car to be unique.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My friends '98 SS was optioned with it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i had left exit on my 98 z28. it was only a cat back and it wasnt very loud at all, the loudmouth is alot louder. i hated it at the time but i think it looks good now, probably would look alot better on my firebird tho

Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think it makes the car look foreign. Not rice, i dont use that word, but it strays from the american muscle car image. For a long time i like it but i think if i had a camaro and i got this sytem that shirtly after it would bug me. It makes the car look off balance. Its different and not bad, but duals are better. I've seen a few camaro ss's with just one tip and it looked ok. I always wondered what muffler it was though. Obviously not dual unless it had a joining tip.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't really care about everyone's opinion...it's my car which is why I asked for pictures so I can decide. So thank you to everyone who posted pictures (I think it looks cool and I'm gonna do it)...as to the guy who said it'd put an extra turn in one pipe??? Both pipes are coming down the passenger side in an F-Body, then it goes over the rearend, turns to the drivers side, goes into a pair of Borla XR-1's, then turns out to the back of the car...least thats how mine will be. But as a mechanical engineer, I wouldn't know anything about airflow (both compressible and non-compressible)...I'll trust the people who can't spell and form complete sentences to tell me how to build my car.

Off the soap box...the whole point is, it's a Petwer Z28, it looks simple and clean and doesn't have an "I'm a fast car look to it"...I think it's more of a sleeper to do 2 on the left...whats the point in a set of tips on the other side that don't actually do anything...I think that'll look retarded myself...especially when the car just starts up on a cold day and you can clearly see all of the exhaust coming out of only one side and tips on the other side doing nothing (which happens with half of the single muffler dual tip catbacks anyways because of the way the muffler is built internally.

I see no point in "doing it on an LT1 and not an LS1" either...a 97 LT1 has the EXACT same back image as a 98-2002 LS1...same tailights...same stock spoiler...whats different? Can't see the front end when you're looking at the back.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

as ugly as it is it simply sounds amazing. i dont know why but it sounds the best out of anything ive ever heard duals or not.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

Dude, where did you get that plate!? Its awesome!!! And what do the A and R mean?
Yeah I have to agree… they are pretty sweet. They are the 9/11 commemorative plates. The AR stands for “America Remembers”, its right above the SS 97(just cant see it in the pic) and at the bottom of the plates it says September 11th 2001. You cant go wrong with supporting your country and I thought the red, white, and blue went well with the American muscle car from Chevy. Just go onto the Illinois SOS website and choose what type of plate you want, and you can check if your “phrase” is available.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
I don't really care about everyone's opinion...it's my car which is why I asked for pictures so I can decide. So thank you to everyone who posted pictures (I think it looks cool and I'm gonna do it)...as to the guy who said it'd put an extra turn in one pipe??? Both pipes are coming down the passenger side in an F-Body, then it goes over the rearend, turns to the drivers side, goes into a pair of Borla XR-1's, then turns out to the back of the car...least thats how mine will be. But as a mechanical engineer, I wouldn't know anything about airflow (both compressible and non-compressible)...I'll trust the people who can't spell and form complete sentences to tell me how to build my car.

Off the soap box...the whole point is, it's a Petwer Z28, it looks simple and clean and doesn't have an "I'm a fast car look to it"...I think it's more of a sleeper to do 2 on the left...whats the point in a set of tips on the other side that don't actually do anything...I think that'll look retarded myself...especially when the car just starts up on a cold day and you can clearly see all of the exhaust coming out of only one side and tips on the other side doing nothing (which happens with half of the single muffler dual tip catbacks anyways because of the way the muffler is built internally.

I see no point in "doing it on an LT1 and not an LS1" either...a 97 LT1 has the EXACT same back image as a 98-2002 LS1...same tailights...same stock spoiler...whats different? Can't see the front end when you're looking at the back.
Your making a good choice! Its an exhaust system you don’t see everyday, and it sounds great. Good luck!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

For the sleeper look go for it, while your at it put RS badges on there and you would fool every1 @ the stoplight.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't get you guys saying "It will look like a sleeper"

NO, do you even know what a sleeper is? A sleeper is a a rusty '97 Grand Am, that somebody threw a V8, an SC, tuned, open headers, all that ****. A Camaro with a "z28" on the back is not a sleeper, regardless of where the tips are.

BTW both tips to the left look cheap, a z28 is suppose to roar performance even with the engine off
Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Too bad it sounds like an 8. I have this exhaust and let me just say it sounds very very impressive for what it is.
i had that exhaust on my 96 ss and i think it was the best sounding stock catback setup ever

Quick Reply: Pics of a Camaro with a 2 on the left exhaust?