Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ferrari style interior!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The leather kit looks great so does the glass work bro.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Regular

actually svt the speaker goin in is only a 6.5", only .5" over stock. and i am apolstering everything and making it look like stock exotic/muscle. I am not painting anything glossy or nothin like that. I do not like the layout or look of the stock lt1 interior so i am redoing it. How is taking heavy parts off to go fast hipocritical? I am reshaping the door panel too look smoother and change the angle of the speakers. Rice would be filling the door panel with a **** load of speakers that are not placed properly or molded into the door correctly. I see nothing wrong with driving around on the street with a nicer interior and then shedding the extra weight to go faster. Rice = Noise with NO Performance or style. Also a new dash will let me incorporate all new better gauges into a stylish dash so i can monitor my 415rwhp camaro better. I wouldn't call that rice or hipocritical.

I have been doin the work myself, No i haven't done much yet cause of time issues but, it definetly is worth it if you have the determination and are not a quitter like some people.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 348 Likes on 261 Posts

why dont you just put a tv in there ah hahahaha jk, ok now to be serious i can seriously appreciate the time and effort and skill it takes to pull something off like that, but for your 6.5" speaker i think your speaker pod is a little disproportionate to the door, (which maybe why the term rice cameout) i think that kind of design especialy if you were attemtping to enhance the sound quality would have been better if incorperated into a kick panel type mock which would not look so bulky on the door course my opinon may change once the door is in, but i think if you had used a kick it would have left for more of a cleaner looking door design. with that being said i may eat my words when you have finished with your interior mods, i just personally think you went a little large on the speaker pod, other than that i think you have a great idea of makeing a one off type interior and when done tastefully i think they look incredible and you decideng to apohlster it rather than paint it is a huge step in that direction, and like you said there is nothing wrong with haveing a street car with a great interior, but unless you are shooting for sound quality i would reconcider your door speakr design (less is more) so to speak, but thats just my opinion coming from the guy that spray bombed his interior in spots and removed his rear seat for an ampwrack that is covered in leather

Last edited by blackbyrd; 11-28-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

ya i know what u mean it's is kinda trial and error. I was actually thinking the same thing but i am gonna see how it looks first. I can always change it. I just don't feel like changing it yet cause it is a fair bit of work. But i am also gonna make a custom grill over top that will clean it up nicely. Also that hole is not cut out all the way yet by a long shot so that is part of it. I will try to finish it this weekend and post a pic. I always like input on what people think of it.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 348 Likes on 261 Posts

i look forward to seeing it maybe you will get some time over christmas break from school to bust hump on it and get one in the car woudl like to see it
Old 11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Launching!

taking weight out to go faster is a ricer thing i mean look in any fart can honda and the inside isnt there when i got to the track i leave my **** in if you need to take weight off to go fast you might sould reconsider im not calling you a ricer just what you are planning on doing
Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

if u look around alot of domestics do it too. Thats not ricer. Actually i wouldn't call hondas who do that to go faster ricer. It serves the purpose of going faster which is not ricer in my opinion. Look at any race car they are stripped. Would you call a nascar a ricer? Maybe you should try taking weight out of your car next time you are at the track. They say for every 50 or 100lbs. you take off (i can't remember which) you can shave a tenth of a second of your et. Thats not ricer, thats smart. Just cause it is import doesn't mean it is ricer in my opinion. It is what you do with it.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

on my old lt1 TA i had smoothed out all the interior panels and painted them black with clear coat to be different. I loved it but it was a PITA to keep clean and got extremely hot. It was one off and awesome but not conventional for a college student who drove the car almost every day. Now on my 00 TA I've purchased a crap load of leather and I'm going to start wrapping everything with that. I'm not going to just do certain parts, I'm gonna do the dash and every little trim piece that is possible. Yes it will add weight but it's going to be a show/autox car! I've also got some carbon fiber that I may wrap some pieces in, but I'm just tired of the plastic and how it fades and cracks and looks like crap. I'll be starting on this in about two weeks when the school semester is over! It'll prolly be a while before it gets done though I've got this lined up: sending tranny out to get rebuilt, headers, true duals, custom front bumper, new hood, paint, and interior!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Lets keep this on topic. My lock finger is getting twitchy.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

My interior mods:
* Silver Vent Rings
* Silver cloth on door panels and center console arm rest
* Black/silver painted radio bezel
* Black painted TCS switch plate
* Black leather auto shift boot.
* Antenna switch in custom switch plate in ash tray

This is the only good pic I have of the interior:

Door panel and center console fabric was not yet changed in this pic.
You can see a hint of the red antenna switch under the ash tray lid.

My glove box door would droop a bit and not push in the switch far enough so the glove box light would stay on. I added a small round clear rubber drawer/cabinet-door bumper to the riser on the door that pushes in the switch. Now the switch gets pushed in far enough and the light stays off when the glove box door is closed.

Last edited by VIP1; 11-28-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SVT THIS
First of all, I tried wrapping my interior in CF, to much of a pain in the ***, so, I paid someone to finish it. Of course, it wasn't me doing the work so therefore there was not as much care taken with it and it did not turn out how I wanted. Now, I am going back to stock.
Second, to carbon fiber the interior like in the ferrari pic would take hundred of dollars in materials, many spare parts for the times you screw up or just get pissed off and break the part, and hundreds of hours in work. Then sanding, sanding, sanding. In the end, it will still have the Honda Civic aftermarket interior look.
Third, roadhog_113 I am not as hateful towards "rice" as you claim to be. I think modding a car is just that, modding a car. If you want to dress up a Honda, do it. BUT, to say you hate rice, then fiberglass your doorpanels with a bigger speaker hold AND to say since it will be so heavy you will take them out when you go to the track seems hippocritical. I'm just saying....
Last-more power to you interior modders, but, take it from me, NOT F'ING WORTH IT!

lol i had great success with what i did to my interior on my last car. It was totally worth going from the crappy gray stock interior to all black and red and I did 85% of the work myself. I had the seats reupholstered and that was it. But then again it all comes down to how much you love your own work and if what you do ends up being something that you like or hate.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

bump.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Addict

thats nice
Old 12-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Launching!

does anyone know who supplies ferrari with those seats at the top?
Old 12-02-2007, 10:35 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I miss my corvette interior! Call it rice if you want, but I loved the CF look. I am thinking about wrapping the center console in my T/A and molding in the front area so I can add some switches there.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

wow, all of that carbon fiber looks good, except for one thing...on every part the pattern goes in a different direction, it would look much better if they all went in the same direction.

as far as ferrari interiors go, its tough to pull off tan leather and then carbon fiber. if anyone attempted it, i doubt its someone who could afford to do it right, otherwise theyd already have a ferrari.

my best idea of updating a camaro interior is to use corvette parts for camaros, and GTO parts for trans ams. everything might nit fit right, but custom work should take care of that. I personally dont dig the arizen racing seats, they look like cheap knock offs to me. If i changed my seats theyd probably be corvette seats, but the leather would need to be brand new.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
The worst thing someone can do to real leather seats is jizz them all up
Wait, what?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Amoretti
Wait, what?
take armorall or soemthing to make it extremely shiney. i like to tell people that at work when i see tires that are so glossy its just ugly
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have your plastic interior done in leather with stiching
Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

the first part of my interior moding is underway! I just wrapped the upper back part of my 01 SS in Black Suede. My interior is all black so it looks pretty cool. Next is going to be tan italian leather that will cover the center console and the rest of the dash. then i will take out the carpet in the doors and replace it with black suede and last but not least will be my sparco milano seats wich are also tan.

Quick Reply: Ferrari style interior!