Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ferrari style interior!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Callaway only did wood veneers and German leather seats and door panels for their f-body program unfortunately.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please somebody, i need to know what adhesive to use on my door panel
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wish I could help, but I simply don't know. You might try PMing the guy who sells the leather kit for the 97-02 interior. He posted earlier.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

hmm what do u ya think. I wanna do the doors in black suede and black leather. But i am not sure which parts of the door panel to do in suede of leather. I was thinkin bottom one and top the other or a combination or all leather with a sued insert for the back of the pocket, and/or the top back part suede.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's some inspiration for you. I was invited to the local Ferrari 430 Scuderia launch party Tuesday, and I took some pics of the interior. It was really nice, but that's mostly due to it having a more attractively shaped interior, rather than the materials. I didn't spend too much time in the car, but I did get to sit in it while it was running. The LED lights embedded in the steering wheel that light up according to RPM were BADASS.

If you fabricated a gauge visor like this, that could look cool.

Entire door was carbon fiber and VERY simple.

The radio delete on this looked a lot better than anything I've seen f-body owners do. Very cool looking idea instead of ABS plastic. And why have a glove box when you can have a glove net?

Harness and carbon fiber seat parts. Unfortunately, I didn't explore this too much. The harness was comfortable though (because it wasn't 5-point haha).

Center console area.

Entire interior.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Here's some inspiration for you. I was invited to the local Ferrari 430 Scuderia launch party Tuesday, and I took some pics of the interior. It was really nice, but that's mostly due to it having a more attractively shaped interior, rather than the materials. I didn't spend too much time in the car, but I did get to sit in it while it was running. The LED lights embedded in the steering wheel that light up according to RPM were BADASS.

If you fabricated a gauge visor like this, that could look cool.

Entire door was carbon fiber and VERY simple.

The radio delete on this looked a lot better than anything I've seen f-body owners do. Very cool looking idea instead of ABS plastic. And why have a glove box when you can have a glove net?

Harness and carbon fiber seat parts. Unfortunately, I didn't explore this too much. The harness was comfortable though (because it wasn't 5-point haha).

Center console area.

Entire interior.
Awesome red X's
Old 12-14-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have a firewall or internet restrictions at work? They work just fine for me.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

the ferrari interior is to nice for me...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

awsome pics, that must have been a blast. thanx i think i am gonna do suede on top and a black vynil on the bottom
Old 12-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Banned

thats nice and all but it is a ferrari and we have f-bodies. I'm not wanting to burst your bubble but the money to spend to get our interiors like that wouldn't be worth it.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Addict

I would like to wrap my entire dash in a high quality leather. Any know the best place to buy large amounts of leather for this?
I know Steve sells a kit but my interior is so modified already half the parts wouldn't be used and I would need to buy more to finish it anyways.
Also how would I go about this to make it actually turn out looking good and not like a hack job? I konw taking my time to line everything up but should I have different parts sew together to show the stitching like all the high end cars have and if so what's the best way to go about it?

Originally Posted by bjamick
Awesome red X's
Awesome job quoting pictures.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProjectCamaro
I would like to wrap my entire dash in a high quality leather. Any know the best place to buy large amounts of leather for this?
I know Steve sells a kit but my interior is so modified already half the parts wouldn't be used and I would need to buy more to finish it anyways.
Also how would I go about this to make it actually turn out looking good and not like a hack job? I konw taking my time to line everything up but should I have different parts sew together to show the stitching like all the high end cars have and if so what's the best way to go about it?

Awesome job quoting pictures.
There are some sellers on ebay that sell synthetic leather and such, so you might try there for cheap stuff. I bought some naugahide (spelling?) at a local Jo Ann's Fabric place for very cheap and recovered my computer chair a few years ago. It was very cheap, and the material is really durable and thick. Looks a lot like leather. I'm not sure how it is different from vinyl, but I know my door panels are vinyl, and it seems thin and stretchy compared to this naugahide.

I think the problem people have who try wrapping interior parts with leather or suede is that the interior pieces in their cars weren't designed to be wrapped in leather or suede. I've seen some stuff get wrapped on some non-f-body cars, and the parts just don't fit back together right when they are wrapped. I think the parts would have to be sanded smaller or something to account for the thickness of the material. I really don't know though, I'm just guessing. I've been wondering some of this stuff myself.

I know some guys who own Callaways and live near the shop in Conneticut. I'll ask them if they have a pic of a C16 interior before the alcantara and leather is added. I'll let you know.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I actually like the Camaro interior better than that Ferrari. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice. Is that gray stuff suede? Too many big vents, they should be unobtrusive.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by patSS/00
I actually like the Camaro interior better than that Ferrari. Maybe the pictures don't do it justice. Is that gray stuff suede? Too many big vents, they should be unobtrusive.
Yep, it's suede or alcantara. I don't know the difference between the two.

I don't think suede photographs well, and not a huge fan of it myself. It feels nice, but it doesn't look that great compared to leather. It's a nice accent on the Callaway C16 interiors, but I think it's overkill on the Ferrari and Lamborghinis.

Here's a couple pictures I took of a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera's suede interior, compared to a regular Gallardo's leather interior. Gotta love living in a big city . I think the leather looks more refined than the suede/alcantara, both in pictures, and in person. I kind of believe the suede looks cheap and worn out when used all over. I'm not sure how Lamborghini is getting their leather to look like that though. It's as if it isn't sealed or something. It has an almost peach fuzz texture to it, and it isn't glossy.

Click the pics, and then click the magnifying glass to see high res.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Regular

i agree about the ferrari interior not the biggest fan actually. But i like the lamborghini and i seen an aston martin one i liked.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rember colored stiching
Old 12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ferrari and Lamborghini inteior is beautiful, but they just can't hold a candle to an Aston Martins simplicity and attention to every last final thread.

I took these at a car dealership when I was in Charlotte, the Rolls Royce Phantom was a ******* masterpiece as well.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brangeta
There are some sellers on ebay that sell synthetic leather and such, so you might try there for cheap stuff. I bought some naugahide (spelling?) at a local Jo Ann's Fabric place for very cheap and recovered my computer chair a few years ago. It was very cheap, and the material is really durable and thick. Looks a lot like leather. I'm not sure how it is different from vinyl, but I know my door panels are vinyl, and it seems thin and stretchy compared to this naugahide.

I think the problem people have who try wrapping interior parts with leather or suede is that the interior pieces in their cars weren't designed to be wrapped in leather or suede. I've seen some stuff get wrapped on some non-f-body cars, and the parts just don't fit back together right when they are wrapped. I think the parts would have to be sanded smaller or something to account for the thickness of the material. I really don't know though, I'm just guessing. I've been wondering some of this stuff myself.

I know some guys who own Callaways and live near the shop in Conneticut. I'll ask them if they have a pic of a C16 interior before the alcantara and leather is added. I'll let you know.
I really appreciate the post so thank you for that.
I want to go with real leather though, my seats have been recovered in leather so I don't have the cheap stock GM stuff anymore anyways. I'm actually thinking a mix of black leather and a dark grey suede would look pretty good but since I haven't seen it before I just don't know and like you said the car wasn't made for that look from the factory.
I'll do a search for Callaway interiors and see what I can come up with. Hopefully I'll find something that really helps.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tainted
The Ferrari and Lamborghini inteior is beautiful, but they just can't hold a candle to an Aston Martins simplicity and attention to every last final thread.
In all fairness, Aston can't hold a candle to Ferrari's power, the 2008 V8 Vantage is a disgrace, a stock LS1 F-body could beat it. I will give Aston points for improving their interior parts, they were getting slammed not to long ago for cheap components
Old 12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont really look at the aston as a go fast kinda car. its more like a BMW M6, its just a fast "GT" car. its got power, but its more for comfort n looks

Quick Reply: Ferrari style interior!