Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Ferrari style interior!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to me that ferrari interior looks like it should be in a 4x4 truck.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aston Martin does have really beautiful interiors. Probably the best in the car business as far as how much they allow you to customize them. I'm rather partial to that Gallardo's interior though. I've never sat in an Aston Martin either, just seen pics and seen a few in person.

If you go to www.astonmartin.com you can do the build your own type application, and the interior customizer is just incredible. The amount of colors and customizations is just insane. How many other car companies allow you to choose from more than 10 different colors of seat stitching? Or different color carpet from the floormats?

This topic isn't really about discussing performance, but in response to the claim that they're slow, well, it's pretty obvious why. I'm not sure about the current cars, but I believe the DB7 was 4200 lbs, whereas a Camaro is only 3500. I'd imagine the current ones are just as heavy.

Ferrari and Lamborghini really vary in how nice their interiors are. For example, the interior in the Ferrari 599 is gorgeous, but the less expensive Ferraris are typically just alright. The interior in a Lamborghini Diablo is hideous (much worse than a Camaro's, A LOT WORSE--then again... what's so bad about our interior's anyway?), the Gallardo has a gorgeous interior when done in two-tone, and the Murcielago's is so-so. If the Murcielago owner opts for the cross stitching option or whatever, it's really nice though. It puts a square box pattern everywhere. Even the headliner. It's gorgeous. I wish I had a pic without searching on google.

Here's a pic of a Diablo's interior. Ugly and really uncomfortable, the seat is too narrow even for my skinny butt. You can't have things in your pockets.

Last edited by Brangeta; 12-15-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a screenshot I took of that Aston Martin interior customization thing about 6 months ago. You could criticize it for being too colorful but... if I was given the option to customize THAT much, I wouldn't just get solid black or something. I'd go wild.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the Lamborghini LP640's interior is fantastic, and so comfy.

The Aston Martin DBS is the Vanquish's new year replacemtn and its nothing short of spectacular. 3800lbs dry weight, but its packing a 6.0 V12 with 510hp 0 -60 4.3 top speed of 191
Old 12-16-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tainted
the Lamborghini LP640's interior is fantastic, and so comfy.

The Aston Martin DBS is the Vanquish's new year replacemtn and its nothing short of spectacular. 3800lbs dry weight, but its packing a 6.0 V12 with 510hp 0 -60 4.3 top speed of 191
Yeah, the Murcielago and LP640 have pretty comfortable interiors. The Diablo though has the second most uncomfortable interior I've ever sat in. The very worst is the Lotus Elise. Both are like sitting in plastic chairs with no padding, but the Elise was worse because I don't believe the seat was adjustable.

I haven't seen a DBS yet, but that's really lightweight for an Aston Martin. Good news they are finally shedding some weight!
Old 12-16-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

the diablo ehh its ok, not the best.

the elise, well its a purpose built track car comfort is last on their list
Old 12-23-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

well i almost finished one door panel. let me know what u think of it. Firs time i have ever fibre glassed or uphostered anything so i think it turned out alright. I still have to cut the speaker hole, make a grill for it and epoxy it all back together.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that looks nice^^^^
Old 12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

i think a stock t/a pannel is best and is the closest youre gonna get to ferrari style without going totally custom fabbed
Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

First off, I just wanted to give out props to the people who mod the interior. For sure the interior of my car looks more and more dated every year, one day it will be dated enough I might do something about it and use your pioneers for inspiration. I wonder if an "interior hall of fame" shouldn't get stickied one day...

Originally Posted by VIP1
My interior mods:
* Silver Vent Rings
* Silver cloth on door panels and center console arm rest
* Black/silver painted radio bezel
* Black painted TCS switch plate
* Black leather auto shift boot.
* Antenna switch in custom switch plate in ash tray
Just a suggestion, I think the radio bezel and switch plate painted silver would look even better... I really do like the silver vent rings!

I think the trick to the interiors is to make it look "factory" and agree the Aston Martin interiors with the stitched leather are awesome, I wonder if it would be possible to add stitching along the right places on the stainless works kits? I think that little bit of highlight would bring the kits to the next level...
Old 12-24-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 348 Likes on 261 Posts

not bad look forward to seeing it in the car
Old 12-24-2007, 09:24 AM
TECH Regular

Unless you plan to change everything over, and I mean EVERYTHING, don't bother 'customizing' your interior. I don't really understand why folks think it's okay to add little carbon fiber pieces here and custom painted panels there, because in the end the colors don't match and your theme is some odd % custom and some odd % OEM. People can tell right away when you've changed one part of the interior and not the other, and the words 'custom job' don't always mean 'professionally done'--especially if it looks like you just went to AutoZone or Oreillys and grabbed customization parts from the section with the plastic spinning hub caps.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 348 Likes on 261 Posts

in his first post he said he is redesigning the whole interior
Old 12-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by EdmontonSS
Just a suggestion, I think the radio bezel and switch plate painted silver would look even better
I painted the radio bezel and switch plate before the I even thought about painting the vent rings. I had considered repainting the radio bezel silver with the indented stripe black (basically the inverse of what it is now). I'm not sure if I'll like it though. It might stand out too much. I like to keep things subtle. I tried painting the Pontiac arrow head red and silver, but it came out horrible so I painted the whole switch plate black. I've been looking for an emblem that will fit there but I haven't had any luck. All the ones I've found are too tall.

Originally Posted by EdmontonSS
I really do like the silver vent rings!
Thanks.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Launching!

just save your money and get a nicer performance vehicle with higher standards...Enjoy the fbody for what it is....a decent performer at a great price.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

bump.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

wow, what a random bump, LOL
Old 02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

I was searching for painted gauge bezels for a post in another thread and found this thread. So I decided to bump it for updates and further input from others. There were some good ideas in this thread.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quite simply, the worst part of our cars is the center console. it is weak, flimsy, and doesn't match well with the rest of the black plastic.

I would love someone to produce a drop-in (STURDY) good looking center console replacement. I'd pay probably around $300-$450 for it.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

I respect the opinions of the folks for whom the F-Body is just a stepping stone on the way to something 'nicer'. I on the other hand bought a car that I wanted and for me trading up is keeping the Camaro and buying an airplane.

There are a few things I don't like about the Camaro and I am addressing them one by one, which costs a fraction of what a new sportscar would cost me and leaves more money for flying.

The comparatively small expense of getting good seats, a double din stereo and a few other things in place is worth it to me.

But whatever you want to drive in the future, enjoy it, don't think about what you want to have next already and spoil yourself the fun of driving the current car.

Quick Reply: Ferrari style interior!