Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

OEM headlamps with HID's *Post Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only headlights for our cars with projectors have those halos on them right. If this is true them im not getting them because i dont like that look.

Thanks
Chris
Old 12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
please if u do this buy projectors. do u have any idea how annoying it is to be driving ahead of or towards a car w/ hids and no projectors. its blinding.
Could not agree more. It pisses me off more than anything to see a Civic blinding me with his HID-knockoff set up. It's the exact same thing with Camaros or whatever car you own.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is why you do the HID setup in the foglight housing. No more blinding people.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

first off, the headlights for our cars with projectors are not meant for HIDs. not all projectors are meant for HIDs, it has to do with the design and cutoff. you would have to buy them then swap out the projectors for HID projectors if you want to do it right, or built custom ones.

secondly, these are not just replacement bulbs, they include ballasts, or amplifiers. the amplifiers require power and ground to be run in addition to plugging into the headlight plug.

third, I had 16000k HIDs on my last car and SUCKED!!!! i bought them used and didnt know they were that high, they were pure purple and showed nothing ahead of me. i built custom projectors to try and fix the problem, helped slightly, but i still couldnt see **** at night.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
11 Second Club

fast01z28: 16k? those are more for show than to drive them on the street.
the lower the number the higher the light output. 4300 would be the brightest.

i wouldnt put anything past 12k in a car if you need it more for driving than show.

i just finished putting green ones in my car, not for light output, but for show. i got 8k and 12k as well. for sprares
Old 12-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

just think plugging and playing with hids is what jonny ricer would do. Do the correct thing and retrofit OEM hid projectors in there. Check ebay for TSX or E46 projectors as they are the cheaper yet best looking projectors out there. Get a dremel and do some research and put them in your headlight housings.

Quick Reply: OEM headlamps with HID's *Post Pics*