Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Firehawk - Dual Processor Computer Installed!! PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I did mine years ago I was using a Touch Overlay. However the fun problem was always dealing with cable length. What did you use?

I Either overlooked your video output type or its not there so i was curious. To give you an idea of age on my build it had a Radeon 7500 in it lol.
I have been looking at doing another but for the reasons of playing with tuning and another Scan Detector I am working on getting a Patent setup for.. field testing is going to require CDMA, GPS and Other Detector actual use to fine tune.

Either way I just like to see other mounting idea's. I originally did behind the seat until I used a mount in the glove box after making a few changes and also included a very small mini wireless keyboard with thumbstick built in for when Data entry was easier without the screen.

Either way nice build and if you feel like sharing some of the other details let me know.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I definately want to do this. My questions are, if the PC is under the seat, what was all that behind the screen in the dash? (I'm not very computer-smart) The only thing different is that I will be modifying my center console to mount the HVAC controls down where the cubby hole, cigarette lighter, and turn-out cup holder are (the cup holder will be gone and BOTH console pieces modified for this to work). And I want a screen to fill that entire area. Nice work and looks amazing tho!!! Swat

Quick Reply: Firehawk - Dual Processor Computer Installed!! PICS!!!