Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wax/Armoural

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wax/Armoural

I was just wondering when u guys wax your car in what conditions you do it in? i did mine yesterday and being an idiot i did it in the sun......Also ive been reading horror stories about Armoral....any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This subject gets brought up a bit, here is one on the armorAll.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=armorall
I have used ArmorAll for over 30 years, I also use Meguiars, on the dash, tires, seats and so on. I like armorAll on the tires better.
As far as wax, still using Kit wax for 30 years, and Meguiars in between. Used alot of products over the years. Once the temp drops below 60 or so I don't wax. Most people will probably say don't wax in the sun, but I do it in the shade most of the time, that's why I like Kit wax.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can still wax with the temp in the 40's, but not much lower. You won't find anything better than Meguiar's #26 for off the shelf pure carnauba. It has excellent depth and shine, but don't expect it to last months. It does not have the longevity of a sealant. However, I'd rather used a quick detailer in between and re-apply the wax every ~1.5 months, depending on the conditions your car is subjected to. Meguiar's #26 is my go-to for a very affordable, available, and quality wax.

Amorall... use it on your tires if you want, but not on the interior. I use Meguiar's Interior Detailer and their Natural Shine stuff. For tires, I switch amongst several brands. I don't personally like armorall but that's just my opinion.